Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 04:16   #31
rob

Re: Questions for the Club

we haven't entered the fa youth cup this season. full details of competitions that the youth team will play in are on the official site at http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/i...=stats/u18.htm
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2005, 13:22   #32
God Member

Season ticket sales... Up, Down or Even ?
Old 04-08-2005, 13:25   #33
God Member

What about these ASFC Cheerleaders we have read about in the Observer. Its been quoted that they where started with the intention of appearing at the ground pre match and later stories in the Accy Obseverver also mention it.. Are the club going to have them at the ground ?
Old 04-08-2005, 15:11   #34
rob

season tickets - about the same - as expected really, room for a few more :-)

cheerleaders - a team from new era is currently working on this, and though they won't be ready for the start of the season it should all be in place shortly afterwards. the amount of hard work and effort that has gone into the setup is amazing and we are looking forward to seeing them shortly.
Old 05-08-2005, 18:59   #35
God Member

Has the club ever given any thought to a "Miss Accy Stanley" contest. A pretty face can sell anything and the winner would be able to help promote stanley in many ways. She would certainly be seen more times and by more people than the carnival queen.

I would of course be available to photograph the comp Hell I would even help judge it

Seriously though ?

Last edited by KIPAX; 05-08-2005 at 19:00.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:27   #36

Why doesn't the club have the long grass behind the cowsheds cut to make it easier for ball boys to find and retreive stray balls?
Old 06-08-2005, 17:51   #37
rob

1, miss accrington stanley - sounds like a great idea but with many of these things the problem is volunteers. we'd end up bending peoples arms to judge the contest, and if we couldn't get anyone i'd end up having to do it. sounds like a great idea, lets do it...

2, grass behind the goals - this really is a case of not enough volunteers to do the job. unfortunately anthony and the ground staff have their work cut out keeping the stadium in order. if anyone has a strimmer and a spare afternoon... it does have to be said that all our ball boys and girls do a superb job, all on a voluntary basis. and we never lose a ball!
Old 06-08-2005, 22:00   #38
Senior Member+

What about the idea of the club doing a official calendar, most other clubs do one and I'm sure we could use Kipax's pics and have like an individual player pic for each month??? just an idea plus it would make a bit of money for the club
Old 07-08-2005, 08:30   #39
rob

good idea, i'll mention it to vikki our merchandise lady and we'll see what we can do :-)
Old 07-08-2005, 08:54   #40
Senior Member+

3 offered contracts... Have they signed yet?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:04   #41

Weekly draw results normally appear in the sport pages of L. E. T. on fri or sat however have not been in for at least last 2 weeks, has this been stopped for some reason?
Old 07-08-2005, 14:21   #42
Senior Member+

Also Rob mate, you know the mini bookies we had for the FA Cup day? Are we carrying it on as said on the day for Stanley fixtures?
Old 07-08-2005, 18:20   #43
rob

1, nobody signed yet but there will be news tomorrow morning

2, will have to find out about the weekly draw results in the lancashire evening telegraph, they are also available online at http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/i...weeklydraw.php

3, the application for a betting license is going through as we speak and as soon as we have it sorted we'll have a booth in the ground
Old 09-08-2005, 11:07   #44
God Member

Rob, can you tell me if any of the players are going to be involved with the current soccer school as they usually are because yesterday it was run by the youth team & I believe some of the kids were a bit disappointed
Old 09-08-2005, 12:59   #45
Resting In Peace

What does this "Signed on non-contract basis" mean ? Does it mean that the player can leave any time he wants ?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..