Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2015, 19:47   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Racist Incident?

I would apologize if i had any respect fer yeh. But you have destroyed that.
Old 14-06-2015, 19:53   #32
God Member

I'm devastated.
Old 14-06-2015, 20:59   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Interesting debate as I was once called a racist on this forum!!!.
In reality the bloke (who I know reasonably well) said something (which he admitted) and has been punished.
Those who know him,will admit he is sometimes a volatile person but defiantly not a rascist.
I know his "grievances ",which Cashy relates to,but he's done the best thing and kept his head below the parapet !!
This will all be forgotten in time,as the bloke is gutted at the outcome,but as I said he's definitely no rascist
We both know the score, and i know yeh aint given to telling untruths, I just hope those who shoulda done in the first instance now do the same.
Old 15-06-2015, 10:34   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
yeh always had a very high opinion of yerself shaker.
I've never met him, wouldn't know him from a bar of soap.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 15-06-2015, 11:24   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Stanleys shameless decision to go against one of their best fans instead of supporting one of their own and following the correct procedures.

It's the Jase situation all over again.

Don't trust the club to have your back, there more likely to throw a knife in it.
'One of their best fans'??
Strange then that his own defence say he's not really that interested in the club & only goes so that his son can support the team - unless that's one of the things the paper has reported wrongly??
And even if he was the most ardent fan ever, what exactly were the club supposed to do once Newport County had reported the incident to the police?
They can't treat people differently according to how good a fan they are - & the Jason situation was totally different, he only got into trouble trying to help out another fan, not for shouting racial abuse.
Old 15-06-2015, 12:23   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
'One of their best fans'??
Strange then that his own defence say he's not really that interested in the club & only goes so that his son can support the team - unless that's one of the things the paper has reported wrongly??
And even if he was the most ardent fan ever, what exactly were the club supposed to do once Newport County had reported the incident to the police?
They can't treat people differently according to how good a fan they are - & the Jason situation was totally different, he only got into trouble trying to help out another fan, not for shouting racial abuse.
Yer just demonstrating how little yeh know about what went on, Newport reported it on the Sunday, The fan in question reported racist abuse to himself to 4 stewards on the day it happened, yet our wonderful club said they knew nothing about it, so therefore the investigation should have commenced on the Sat evening, When yeh actually know what yer talking about then what yer saying may be valid. But still you believe what yeh read in the press, it seems to suit your purpose,
DAV007 likes this.
Old 15-06-2015, 12:53   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

There is also the fact the LET reporter says he admitted shouting racist abuse in front of a stand packed with children, Total LIE, this happened 20mins after the game, all the Newport Fans had left, there was all the Newport players on the pitch n hardly a soul left on the ground. But still you keep believing crap,
Old 15-06-2015, 13:30   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yer just demonstrating how little yeh know about what went on, Newport reported it on the Sunday, The fan in question reported racist abuse to himself to 4 stewards on the day it happened, yet our wonderful club said they knew nothing about it, so therefore the investigation should have commenced on the Sat evening, When yeh actually know what yer talking about then what yer saying may be valid. But still you believe what yeh read in the press, it seems to suit your purpose,
Perhaps the fan in question should instead have reported the abuse aimed at him to the police, supported by those who do know what they are talking about, so must have seen the events and therefore been able to bear credible witness? Or perhaps these witnesses might have spoken in his defence/mitigation in court, instead of using a website to slag off people whose purpose simply seems to be to say there is no place for racial abuse on football terraces?
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 15-06-2015, 13:32   #39
Senior Member+

Accymad

You haven't got a clue son
Old 15-06-2015, 13:32   #40
Senior Member+

Like Macca, I am also confused.

As I understand it, the investigation was handed over to the police and the police brought the prosecution. The case would have been heard in a court of law, not the pages of the LET. So what was or was not reported there is irrelevant.

It is suggested that some people have lied. Was this in court? If so, that would have been a very serious matter indeed. Did anyone tell the police what the "true story" actually was? If so, what was the response of the police? Did the police bring the prosecution despite knowing the "true story"? If that "true story" was not given to the police, why not?

If the person charged was himself racially abused, was that fact mentioned in court?

Who was there and witnessed the incident? Obviously Cashy, DAV007 and Lemur. Anyone else? Did the police interview them as witnesses?

I really would like the confusion to be cleared up, especially if there has been a miscarriage of justice.
Old 15-06-2015, 13:35   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I was not there revived red, but i know the guy well and attended the club with him, and heard and witnessed everything said by the club officials, i am also aware of what the investigating policeman told the accused, and what he said certainly DID NOT tally with what the club officials said FACT. Draw yer own conclusion.

Last edited by cashman; 15-06-2015 at 13:37.
Old 15-06-2015, 13:44   #42
Senior Member+

Thanks for clarifying that, Cashy. Sorry - I had assumed you were there. So it looks as though only DAV007 and lemur were actually there and can confirm categorically that the supporter was racially abused.
Old 15-06-2015, 13:48   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Thanks for clarifying that, Cashy. Sorry - I had assumed you were there. So it looks as though only DAV007 and lemur were actually there and can confirm categorically that the supporter was racially abused.
The stewards know for sure and i know some of those 4 told the policeman when he was making enquires.
Old 15-06-2015, 14:09   #44
God Member

I give up, Cashy I have no 'purpose' for making my comments - I don't even know the person involved, which I might suggest would make me more inclined to be neutral about the incident than those who do.
I was actually questioning the reporting of the case in my last post but you seem intent on finding fault with anything I say - I won't be adding anymore to this thread as it's pointless, it's evident no-one can reason with stubbornness.
And Dav007 - maybe I don't have a clue but by calling me 'son' it's obvious that neither do you ��
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 15-06-2015, 14:14   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have said a few times the reporting of the case is utter rubbish, the stubbornness to me is you not accepting that fact.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..