Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2015, 14:39   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Racist Incident?

Forget all the "Chinese whispers ",the bloke went on his own accord to the police station,made a statement,was prosecuted,admitted the charge,and has taken it on the chin.
Pointless continuing the debate as he will probably be following Acci next season as bans aren't normally enforced anyway 😂😂😂
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2015, 15:17   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Forget all the "Chinese whispers ",the bloke went on his own accord to the police station,made a statement,was prosecuted,admitted the charge,and has taken it on the chin.
Pointless continuing the debate as he will probably be following Acci next season as bans aren't normally enforced anyway 😂😂😂
Hear Hear.
Old 15-06-2015, 16:29   #48

Pointless continuing the debate as he will probably be following Acci next season as bans aren't normally enforced anyway ������[/QUOTE]

Can you back this statement up?
Old 15-06-2015, 18:34   #49
Senior Member+

Sorry KTF,poor attempt at injecting a bit of humour !
Old 15-06-2015, 18:48   #50
God Member

Race + the Police + the me'dja, + humour?
Stop now, before we're all in the dock.
yonmon and football19 like this.
Old 16-06-2015, 09:38   #51

Like a couple of other people, I don't understand the vast majority of the posts in this thread.

I do know shouting something overtly racist is bad. Its good the bloke who shouted it has been prosecuted. Hopefully he's had plenty of time to think about what racism is and why the words left his mouth. Hopefully some other folk have thought about it too.

Also, however badly people think he has been treated it pales into insignificance to how bad a victim of racism must feel. Thats also worth thinking about.
Old 16-06-2015, 11:21   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
Like a couple of other people, I don't understand the vast majority of the posts in this thread.

I do know shouting something overtly racist is bad. Its good the bloke who shouted it has been prosecuted. Hopefully he's had plenty of time to think about what racism is and why the words left his mouth. Hopefully some other folk have thought about it too.

Also, however badly people think he has been treated it pales into insignificance to how bad a victim of racism must feel. Thats also worth thinking about.
Exactly and as the accused was racially abused firstly, then perhaps thats the reason he retaliated with one racial. word?
Old 16-06-2015, 11:45   #53

It's five days now since the report of the court case appeared in LET and still no official statement or response from the club, WHY?
There have been remarks made on this forum/link that allegedly four club personnel were/are fully aware of "what really happened" but for some reason have denied having any knowledge of the incident.
Am I right to assume that what is being suggested by certain individuals is that a conspiracy has taken place in order to bring the individual accused of making racial remarks to court? If so WHY?
The ball is now in the club's court and the longer we have to wait for some form of official statement and outcome as to how they have decided to deal with the individual concerned I'm afraid we will continue to speculate.
Old 16-06-2015, 17:42   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
It's five days now since the report of the court case appeared in LET and still no official statement or response from the club, WHY?
There have been remarks made on this forum/link that allegedly four club personnel were/are fully aware of "what really happened" but for some reason have denied having any knowledge of the incident.
Am I right to assume that what is being suggested by certain individuals is that a conspiracy has taken place in order to bring the individual accused of making racial remarks to court? If so WHY?
The ball is now in the club's court and the longer we have to wait for some form of official statement and outcome as to how they have decided to deal with the individual concerned I'm afraid we will continue to speculate.
I too am afraid that this torrent of speculation and counter-speculation will unfortunately continue !.
It saddens me to read some of the statements, ill-informed snippets of so-called inside knowledge, and more sadly, the insults linked to these !.
It seems to me that until some resolution is made regarding this whole unfortunate episode occurs and is reported for all to see, that there is a certain futility in pursuing the real truth which is proving so elusive !.
I also feel that much of what has been posted on this thread might well have caused upset and worry to those closely involved in the whole sorry affair. If this is the case then isn't this another reason for a general marking time until real evidence is presented to US !.
Chimer and keep the faith like this.
Old 19-06-2015, 10:11   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I've closed this thread before anyone drops themselves or the forum in it. Any another threads discussing the same subject or why this thread has been closed will be removed.
MikeA, Red-Osbornello and yonmon like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..