Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2004, 23:56   #1

Railway At Full Steam

Hi to all who made the trip across the county lines for tonight's pre-season friendly. A lovely bunch of people from the few of you I had the chance to talk to. Kipax Apparently I'd just missed you at half-time you'd gone for a pie or something. But you'd talked to one of the Barmy Army so I new who you were, hope you got some good piccies.

We at The Rail are ecstatic at how we equipped ourselves against a strong Stanley outfit. If we can perform like that against you just think what we can do in the NCEL Premier Division this season. Expectations are high and we feel we can raise a few eyebrows this season.

One or two questions for my match report.
No7 was that Blake Naughton? The No7 looked class and was a constant threat if you'd have had a target man he would have slaughtered us. The No2 Paul Howarth? looked very comfortable on the ball and got forward on a number of occasions. Damian Hindle nicknamed Sherk by our junior support took his goal well shooting into the roof of the Rail Goal but should have contributed more to the scoreline. Lutel James is a quality player and finished well after a poor defensive clearance saw Stanley straight back at us. Pluses from Railway were Blackstone (Railway Barmy Army Man of the Match) should have opened the scoring on 10 minutes when he chipped the keeper just going wide of the post. He put amends to that by equalising on 26 mins with a clinical strike. Charlie B at the back and Captain tonight in the absence of Fireman Damian Henderson was awesome and made several majour contributions to the game. Des McCorisson massive in midfield, Bairstow's work rate at the back was superb. Ryan Haigh put in another brilliant performance, all around the pitch there were great achievers and we can't wait for the season to begin.
Please confirm the players mentioned so I can get a report into Thursday nights Yorkshire evening post. Thanks again to all that travelled to Yorkshire and we wish Accrington Stanley all the best for the coming season.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2004, 00:25   #2
God Member

Re: Railway At Full Steam

Had a cracking night thanks. very friendly people in the pub and on the ground.

We had quite a strong side out.. Our number 2 impressed me no end.. Not howarth though... Cant remeber his name.. He is a trialist as is a couple of other players that where on show tonight.. Someone will tell ya names in a mo..

We had a very strong team out tonight including ex league players such as Kenny Irons. First team regulars such as top marksman Lutel James. We also had Damien Hindle, Paul Howarth, Smithy and many more ....

The highlight of the night for me was Lutel James doing what he used to. taking on all defenders.. dribbling through and finishing off with a goal scoring shot.

Your right.. if you play like that you wil do well this season.

Our manager Coley playing the last 5 minutes... A ref with a sense of humour who when hearing a fan shout hurry up ref the bars open responded by shouting back "Well go and get them in then"

I didnt get great shots as the light faded.. unlike your guy i wont use the flash while game is on What i have are on my website now.

Enjyable night.. Thanks
Old 29-07-2004, 16:55   #3
Senior Member+

Harrogate Railway have a "barmy army"? There must be nowt to do in Yorkshire..........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 18:25   #4

how many do we take last night (i couldn't go as i had other commitments at home and with it being arranged at short notice i couldn't make other arrangements)
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 12:22   #5

About 20 from Accrington were at Wednesday's
friendly.

Everyone was nice and friendly at the club and
it was a really nice set up. Good luck to em.
Old 30-07-2004, 12:31   #6
God Member

To be fair there wasn't many more than that in the home supporters..

Oh and my original comment that No2 impressed me - not howarth was meant to mean that number 2 isn't howarth and not that howarth didnt impress... he was solid.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:16   #7

I am not too suprised at thier being about 20, given it is the main holiday season, we have had a few freindlies at home and it was annoched that we were sending a atrong team at only a three/four days notice (some people would have had other commitments) and with it being midweek and a freindly would have put a few off. If it had been a sat and more notice more people might have gone
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 19:16   #8
Senior Member+

Well, there is going to be a good turnout at Haig Avenue for the Southport game & you all have enuff notice so pack the bucket, spade & accy stanley scarf & get THERE!

Because, My new flag is being unfurled (if its sign written in time!)

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 30-07-2004, 19:17   #9
Senior Member+

I think you missed a couple of noughts of the away total. Surely we took 2000?

no?

jASE

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..