Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 18:31   #31
God Member

Re: Ray Putterill & Stanley in trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Ray hasn't played for us in any Football League game since the ban commenced, so no.

I do hope that this ridiculous situation gets sorted out soon and doesn't keep a talent such as Ray banned from playing Football League games for an incident in the pub leagues that happened before he even joined us.

Rob Heys said on Radio Lancs this evening that as far as the club were aware Ray's last registered appearance was made in a Liverpool jersey. They had no idea that he'd played for Halewood. If this account is true, as I believe it to be, it would be unfair to punish the club, surely?
Cheers Shaker, too much to read through...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2010, 18:35   #32
I am Banned

wat sAswad Thomas Doing on it under us
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:54   #33
Senior Member+

This is a tricky one , when you get sent off at county fa level , your club receives a copy of the offence / refs report .
You plead guilty or contest it and the form is signed by the club secretary and player and returned to the fa
The punishment is then confirmed by post
I believe that after viewing the report the players signature looks like its been forged ! ( possibly by a member of halewood town ) therefore the player nor Acci was aware of the pending suspension.
Ignorance is no excuse and razor should have spoke to his former manager to see if any action had been taken before signing for acci.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51   #34
God Member

you would imagine that pub league offences wouldn't count in the so called professional leagues
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
you would imagine that pub league offences wouldn't count in the so called professional leagues
If the league is covered by the FA mac, irrespective of it being a Pro Amt, or even pub league
Old 08-09-2010, 09:45   #36
Resting In Peace

Isn't it simple enough for the Club to email the FA or the Football League and ask if any new player signed has any suspensions hanging over them. If this was done then the Club would be in the clear. If the FA or the Football League said 'no suspensions' and it turned out that there was then it would be the FA or the Football League's fault. It's not the first time that we have played an ineligible player. Surely we should learn by our mistakes and check thoroughly. Once again, proof that the Club is being run by amateurs.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:36   #37

if what Football19 says is true and somebody has allegedly forged Ray's signature on the ref's report then Halewood Town have got a LOT of explaining to do!! The only other option being that Ray knew about the ban and kept it quiet from the club thinking he would get away with it, but given he is only on a six month contract and playing for his future surely he wouldn't be that stupid, would he??
sameoldstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:40   #38
God Member

Ray Putterill Halewood Town Sa FC Liverpool County FA Premier League 42 days 30/08/2010 03/10/2010
Ray Putterill Halewood Town Sa FC Liverpool County FA Premier League 7 days 04/10/2010 10/10/2010

The above taken from the link provided by Sparkie...............looks like He's out till Oct 10th

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:56   #39
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameoldstory View Post
if what Football19 says is true and somebody has allegedly forged Ray's signature on the ref's report then Halewood Town have got a LOT of explaining to do!! The only other option being that Ray knew about the ban and kept it quiet from the club thinking he would get away with it, but given he is only on a six month contract and playing for his future surely he wouldn't be that stupid, would he??
At the end of the day it is the Club's responsibility to ensure that all players are eligible to play in a game, even if this means checking every week.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23   #40
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
I believe that after viewing the report the players signature looks like its been forged ! ( possibly by a member of halewood town ) therefore the player nor Acci was aware of the pending suspension.
May i ask how have you managed to view the report or is it something anyone can look at on some fa site.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:28   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
At the end of the day it is the Club's responsibility to ensure that all players are eligible to play in a game, even if this means checking every week.
Where? How? Every County FA's site?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 13:21   #42
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Where? How? Every County FA's site?
Read my previous post
Quote:
Isn't it simple enough for the Club to email the FA or the Football League and ask if any new player signed has any suspensions hanging over them. If this was done then the Club would be in the clear. If the FA or the Football League said 'no suspensions' and it turned out that there was then it would be the FA or the Football League's fault.
It is the Club's responsibility
Old 08-09-2010, 13:33   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Isn't it simple enough for the Club to email the FA or the Football League and ask if any new player signed has any suspensions hanging over them. If this was done then the Club would be in the clear. If the FA or the Football League said 'no suspensions' and it turned out that there was then it would be the FA or the Football League's fault. It's not the first time that we have played an ineligible player. Surely we should learn by our mistakes and check thoroughly. Once again, proof that the Club is being run by amateurs.
Well JEFF, think you've actually hit the nail on the head, was it not Harry H Truman that had a sign on his desk which said "The Buck Stops Here" Somebody at the club should be checking and double checking that any new signings have no skeletons in the cupboard, its no good asking the players, footballers a noted for not being to bright, so somebody has to look after them
Old 08-09-2010, 14:33   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Ray hasn't played for us in any Football League game since the ban commenced, so no.

I do hope that this ridiculous situation gets sorted out soon and doesn't keep a talent such as Ray banned from playing Football League games for an incident in the pub leagues that happened before he even joined us.

Rob Heys said on Radio Lancs this evening that as far as the club were aware Ray's last registered appearance was made in a Liverpool jersey. They had no idea that he'd played for Halewood. If this account is true, as I believe it to be, it would be unfair to punish the club, surely?
Sorry Shaker, but putting my referees hat on now there are so many things wrong with that post that I don't know where to begin.

Irrespective of whether the signature on the report form is a forgery, and I think that people need to be very careful before making such an allegation, if the player committed the offence and had been punishes by the FA, the ban stands.

The player will have known he committed te offence and, presumambly that it will be reported.

The county FA suspensions do carry through to FA clubs. This I'd whyclubs at the level I officiate (where their discipline is an FA matter) take steps to ensure that their players do not play in Sunday league games, administered by the local FA.

The player is banned. It would be ridiculous for te ban simply to disappear when a player moves clubs. In fact, this is why when registering players from overseas (even at parks level) clubs need to obtain international clearance.

It appears, from the information we have, that Putterill was suspended. It would be interesting to see whether he fights this and how. It also appears that he may have lied to the club about his whereabouts inrecent months, and that should be an internal disciplinary issue. The club seem to have played an ineligable player. Ignorance or rank stupidity are unlikely to bemuch of a defence, so that's a realistic chance of a cup run gone.

Where this leaves Putterill is anyone's guess. I certainly wouldn't like to think that someone would be taking wages out of a cash strapped club whilst being unavailable for six weeks for misbehaving. If he's in a shirt term deal, this could affect his chances if making it longer. And I think managers would be wary about him after this.

And as for who checks suspensions? Well, someone must have done for this to come to light. I may be inclined to forgive the club not checking at County level if there's nothing to suggest he played there. Doesn't half make us look tinpot, though (and I bet Alty fans are enjoying this).
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 15:33   #45

Hope the whole club is not punished for one mans mistake. Im sure Coley wouldnt have played him had he known about the ban. More revenue lost and an end to another cup run we can ill afford if we go out of the JPT for this. Was looking forward to Stockport. Not mentioning more bad publicity for Accy.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..