Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2005, 16:23   #76

Re: Reason for poor gates?

Gates were higher in the Conference when £10 was the entry fee. I would, until there are substantial ground improvements, urge the club to return to a £10 admission price. Let's see the results of same over the remainder of this excellent season! Eric & Co might just be surprised. Mind you, when you regularly see the likes of meetings of "Accrington Clarets" advertised it is tremendously disappointing. Those attending have big questions to answer about supporting the team of the town where they live. There are no Burnley or Blackburn Stanleys meetings as far as I know. In the real world, never mind an ideal one, "Accrington Clarets" should not exist!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2005, 20:00   #77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
In the real world, never mind an ideal one, "Accrington Clarets" should not exist!
Dead right! All the more reason for catching 'em young!

So, why are Blackburn and Burnley allowed to steal potential fans in Hyndburn schools? Could someone from the council please explain why this is allowed?

However, more importantly, it's high time the club were more aggressive in recruiting young fans. How about a promotional pack with a team picture, club info, Stanley sticker, ruler, pencil and a couple of free tickets for a forthcoming game? Take 'em into the schools and create future Stanley fans!
Old 16-12-2005, 21:04   #78
God Member

hallelujah! Are You Listening Eric, Rob?
Old 16-12-2005, 22:14   #79
Super Moderator

In most of our posts about attracting new fans, we (myself included) talk about "Accringtonians"...but what about potential recruits from the surrounding townships? Everytime I go for a few pre-match beers in the pubs around the canal bridge in Clayton, I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of people I see in Stanley shirts. Couldn't we build on this with leaflets and posters on the lines of "The best non-league football in England is only a walk away"? And what about Ossy and Church? Again, a promotion drive in the pubs on the theme, "The best non-league football in England is only a bus ride away". We need to spread our net far and wide!
Old 16-12-2005, 22:40   #80
Member.

It’s a pity you can’t get a live video feed from the ground to the big screens around the local pubs. What could help is four or five locals that would be prepared to have a memory wall and a fixtures and notice board. I know there’s the web site but not everyone lives in this unreal world of ours. Public places are breeding grounds of popular interests, sports, living discussions and the like. How many of the local landlords are behind the team? Nice to see the Nags Head coming back to life by the way…

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 04:55   #81
rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
hallelujah! Are You Listening Eric, Rob?
always listening...

teams of players and coaches will be in schools from the new year running lesson time coaching sessions and after school activities, and handing out tickets and other stanley goodies. more details to follow...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 10:05   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
always listening...

teams of players and coaches will be in schools from the new year running lesson time coaching sessions and after school activities, and handing out tickets and other stanley goodies. more details to follow...
That's great news.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 11:04   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
always listening...

thats a good move rob, pity no one thought of it pre 1962, i wish you the best of luck and keep fighting.
Old 17-12-2005, 11:24   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
In most of our posts about attracting new fans, we (myself included) talk about "Accringtonians"...but what about potential recruits from the surrounding townships? Everytime I go for a few pre-match beers in the pubs around the canal bridge in Clayton, I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of people I see in Stanley shirts. Couldn't we build on this with leaflets and posters on the lines of "The best non-league football in England is only a walk away"? And what about Ossy and Church? Again, a promotion drive in the pubs on the theme, "The best non-league football in England is only a bus ride away". We need to spread our net far and wide!
I agree, I myself live in Harwood and I know of several others who trek over to watch "real" football rather than the plastic corporate affair offered in Blackburn and Burnley.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 11:33   #85
God Member

It's worth 12 quid to sit in the main stand and listen to the lad in the wheelchair. "Organise" "Offside" etc.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 12:43   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
It's worth 12 quid to sit in the main stand and listen to the lad in the wheelchair. "Organise" "Offside" etc.
Is this dude enjoying the football when offering advice?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 14:47   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
"clear your lines"

frequently when we are attacking...........

on the post by Rob... good. I don't for one moment think that we have planted this idea to the club, but what if we could liase with the club and have a real recruitment drive co-ordinated?

Jase started the ball rolling with the leaflets in the town centre, lets build on it with the pubs targetted. We need to get together and co-ordinate it properly for it to be effective, but if we aim for Dagenham & Redbridge on the 11th February it gives us time to organise (clear your lines, offside etc) properly and gives us Burton, Morecambe and Grays quickly afterwards. If we are still in the same sort of position our crowds will pick up anyway, but we can push it further and aim for sell-outs at the arse end of the season.

Stanley are going up...

are you?
Old 17-12-2005, 15:30   #88
God Member

I got told this week by someone who used to go regular with his wife that they have stopped going now because of the drum and too much foul language, dont know how true this is though as I dont get chance to go myself nowadays

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 16:34   #89
Give, give, give member

A very disapponting gate today, for what was a cracking game, and a cup win over the Alty.

Nice to see Roy, the owner of this site, and his Dad Less there though. Perhaps he can organise a Moscow branch of the Red's supporters club.

Keep it up Stanley.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 16:53   #90
Senior Member+

If foul language is a reason for not coming to Stanley then I hope he doesn't go elsewhere or watch it on TV, because how often do you hear the phrase "The referee's a w####r or should have gone to f*****g specsavers coz your blind. I for one hear it most matches either at the IES or on TV when watching other teams/european matches/national games etc etc. It is all part and parcel of life these days and lets face it, how many on this site have been told where to go by some spotty kid, I'll wager a few. I know that it is not supposed to happen, but which steward is going to be brave enough to stand up to 4 to 500 fans on the terraces telling them not to swear as it might upset the female or elderly. When stewarding at Old Trafford some years ago, we had a problem with a small minority who wouldn't sit down. We were told to eject them if necessary, but it is alright for those sitting in their ivory towers telling others what to do, in practice it aint goin' to be done.
BTW got to agree with Garinda, cracking game today, players didn't rise to the bait of Alty players trying to kick or punch lumps out of them. Hope Steve Jagielka's injury is not much, because he had a factastic game today as did the rest of the team. Just a pity only 810 could be bothered to turn up. Is this a protest against prices???? Can't make Halifax on Boxing day due to work commitments again,. but will be bringing extras to the sandgrounders game on the 30th and will make the first home match of 2006. Got to go and book my time off for the remainder of the season.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..