Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2005, 10:19   #121

cry for more fans

i am sure that you all read the Accrington Observer cry for more supplorters by John Coleman i am told he was echoeing Eric Whalleys slagging off of fans not attending games. if i can tell you why i think this is the case . i appreciate now the football team are full time and need paying etc but do the people who decide on entrance fees not think that 12 per adult is alot when you can go to burnley for less i understand this is set by the conference but £7 per child is extortionate and when you have two boys who both like football especially Accrington Stanley £30 is the cost of every home game minimum when you have a programme and drink.
i truly hope Accrington stanley progress to the Football league but come on Eric have a hearet for those with children make some offers like bring a child for nothing then the parents would attend and the spin off from that will make up for the £7 entrance fee im sure???

would love to hear anyones view
shifty.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2005, 11:25   #122
God Member

Re: cry for more fans

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18512

try reading the above thread, there are loads of comments from people who have ideas on why the gates are so low, admission costs being one of them. When you say kids I'm presuming you are talking about the over 12's as under 12's are £3 not £7.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2005, 12:41   #123

im talking about my two sons 14 and 12 the price is stupid they should even make under 12s free when they are accompanied by parents mind you some over 12s need accompanying
shifty.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2005, 19:13   #124

Re: Reason for poor gates?

people are saying things about attendences being low because of the prices well how can we blame it on that when some other clubs charge more e.g halifax charge 13 pound for adults but that doesnt stop them gettin a good crowd also some other clubs charge to sit down e.g burton hereford ...
Old 26-12-2005, 16:02   #125

A ticket costs 12 pounds? imao! this s really expensive

alieren7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 13:33   #126

im a birmingham city fan and wish u all the best this season and hope u stay up. watching the championship this mornin and seeing that adults are £15 to get in i was shoked it is cheaper to watch a premiership club.After looking on ur website and seeing that season tickets are £315 for adults and concessoions £210 it is cheaper for a season ticket at most premiership clubs and birmingham city. so are u all happy with the prices?
blue nose bcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 13:51   #127
God Member

we are the cheepest priced league two club...that says it all!!
Old 13-08-2006, 13:52   #128

Unfortunately, football is more of a business then a sport nowadays
Old 13-08-2006, 14:05   #129
God Member

on individual adult prices you can't do much better than being the cheapest in the league, and bearing inmind that our facilities are the poorest in the league, this is fair. However I think the club could and should do a lot better with season ticket prices to attract more season ticket holders. £275 for the season is a saving of £24 based on £13 and 23 home games. I know that I will probably miss more than 1 home match this year so I didn't buy a season ticket ticket. If the saving was four or five games then I would certainly have got one.

I also think that friendlies should be free, and there should be a free cup game as well. Reward the loyalty.

I also think that because of the pricing structure it leaves no room for manouevre with fan initiatives such as kid for a quid day. Maybe next year they could identify three or four games where crowds would be anticipated low such as Torquay at home on february tuesday night ain't gonna pull the numbers is it? Printed on the ticket should be a kid for free or something similar. If we tried this now then a number of people would complain that they have been ripped off. Wrongly in my opinion as the club would be trying something.

If the people are not coming then we need to give away tickets. Get the money of them through the bar or the pie shed. Oh hang on we have no bar on 3/4 of the ground and the pie sheds pay rent and keep the income don't they! Anyways against Barnet there was room for another 3400 people who all may have bought a programme or a fanzine (all money goes back to the club one way or another) or a scarf or a pen.
Old 13-08-2006, 14:07   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nose bcfc
im a birmingham city fan and wish u all the best this season and hope u stay up. watching the championship this mornin and seeing that adults are £15 to get in i was shoked it is cheaper to watch a premiership club.After looking on ur website and seeing that season tickets are £315 for adults and concessoions £210 it is cheaper for a season ticket at most premiership clubs and birmingham city. so are u all happy with the prices?
Sorry mate but I think I am right in saying that Wigan Athletic are the cheapest premiership club unless someone knows different and their season tickets are way more expensive than ours, I know, My sister in law and niece are both season ticket holders (1 concession and 1 full price) even at last years prices (which they bought theirs at) they are still more expensive, and admission prices for this season is £25 pounds minimum. OK so they have a roof over all four sides, but that does not mean you aint going to get wet, again I have practical experience of this when sitting in the south stand at the JJB wind always blows in your face.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 14:10   #131
I am Banned

Totally agree with ya there Macca certainly those ideas are viable, my prob is affording going every week with 2 rugrats in tow its not exactly a cheap day out hence does limit how many times i can go i support my club best i can plus getting my 2 interested in stanley - securing our future generation of supporters is one of the best ways of improving our fanbase attendance.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 14:56   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Totally agree with ya there Macca certainly those ideas are viable, my prob is affording going every week with 2 rugrats in tow its not exactly a cheap day out hence does limit how many times i can go i support my club best i can plus getting my 2 interested in stanley - securing our future generation of supporters is one of the best ways of improving our fanbase attendance.
Exactly, brainwash the buggers from a young age. That's the way forwards!!!
Old 13-08-2006, 18:08   #133
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
Exactly, brainwash the buggers from a young age. That's the way forwards!!!
Aye & its working so far
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 18:09   #134
God Member

I reckon Eric should 'shout' the travel expenses for fans registered on Accyweb that live downunder.In return,I promise to pay doubleadmission price for at least 4 home games.Two for the price of one.Thats fair..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 18:19   #135
God Member

[quote=maccawozzagod]on individual adult prices you can't do much better than being the cheapest in the league, and bearing inmind that our facilities are the poorest in the league, this is fair. However I think the club could and should do a lot better with season ticket prices to attract more season ticket holders. £275 for the season is a saving of £24 based on £13 and 23 home games. I know that I will probably miss more than 1 home match this year so I didn't buy a season ticket ticket. If the saving was four or five games then I would certainly have got one.

this exactly the reason i never bothered with a season ticket, a four or five game saving would have been great, as i work shifts so that would be more of an attraction for me.:engsmil: :engsmil:
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..