Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2009, 17:16   #151
God Member

Re: "red letter day ??"

Could that man with the paperbag please come now, not Thursday?.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2009, 17:22   #152
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
Correct macca when you think how confident DON was acting throughout the illyas khan saga, talk about stupid if tomorrow ends up being useless, he'd get chased out of town
Doug, am I allowed my Mussolini analogy yet? If not, when?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:26   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
the bills getting paid we should be grateful for that.
Are you sure about that, Doug?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:26   #154
God Member

They took the gamble option in the remote hope some one else could better it or shake off the taxman again. Foolish indeed not to take ilyas seriously and the assf. Now as the 2 stupid directors have got their preference to take the club down . A few days more for what? No more knights in shining armour left? Please can we just for once have gods honest truth.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:33   #155
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
They took the gamble option in the remote hope some one else could better it or shake off the taxman again. Foolish indeed not to take ilyas seriously and the assf. Now as the 2 stupid directors have got their preference to take the club down . A few days more for what? No more knights in shining armour left? Please can we just for once have gods honest truth.
And I wonder if the Directors really raised and paid their promised £100K to £150K SM.?
They seemed to think that this money would make up more than any shortfall which might occur.....another blind alley ???.

And two of them were alleged to have said that they would rather see the Club go out of existence rather than accept Mr K's offer !!...Now they might get their wish well and truly fulfilled!!

Last edited by yonmon; 27-10-2009 at 17:34. Reason: rare spelling error due to vile mood!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:34   #156

Club statement
Accrington Stanley will send a representative to the scheduled High Court hearing tomorrow morning to request a very short further adjournment in order to bring in the full £308,000 owed to HMR&C.

The club had hoped to be able to draw a line under the situation today however due to delays on a couple of sources of funding we will require a further week or so to do this.

After taking advice from our legal team we are more than confident that this will not be a problem and look forward to announcing the settlement of the debt in full in the next few days.

Its easy People how much our we short, an approx would be nice

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 27-10-2009, 17:39   #157

Club Statement;

Quote:
Accrington Stanley will send a representative to the scheduled Brewery **** Up hearing tomorrow morning to request a very short further adjournment in order to bring in the full £308,000 owed to the Brewery.

The club had hoped to be able to draw a line under the beverage situation today however due to delays on a couple of sources of beer, spirits, cider and wine, we will require a further week or so to do this. We are, however, pleased to announce that we have a full supply of Coca Cola and lemonade.

After taking advice from our legal team we are more than confident that this will not be a problem and look forward to getting ****ed as newts in the next few days.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:40   #158
God Member

erm that club statement is conflicting which is it a week or a few days to pay it of ? ?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:40   #159

Its alright saying that we are 'more than confident' but thats no certainties, only thing anyone can do, well the fans, is sit around and wait...

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:41   #160
Full Member+

I am stunned. Don't know why when all we've seen so far has been incompetence and attempts at a cover up but I still thought that somehow the bill would be paid. Whatever happens now, if by chance we do get the extension and the money gets paid off, it's time for Mr. O'Neill to go.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:48   #161
Member.

Deeply disappointed and absolutely drained of belief that they are going to try for an adjournment. I don’t see it happening I’m afraid, I think we will be wound up tomorrow.

Had this been the first or the second time I could accept the Judge would be likely to feel benevolent, but it isn’t, if this comes off I would be utterly surprised, many those companies before the court tomorrow will go out of business; I don’t see how Stanley can believe that they will be allow more time.

However, if the club does get a week’s adjournment I certainly would ask the both Mr. O’Neil and perhaps the Board consider their futures and get what’s left of the club up for sale. Mr. O’Neil failed the club by not ensuring that funds were readily available and I believe he should stand down as Chairman along with Ms, Lazarus.

I am deeply hurt by this turn of events having accepted the conviction of Mr. O’Neil and his word that this would end today.

This is an embarrassment and a disgrace, and for the directors too let this happen again is criminal.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:53   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAYTON RED View Post
Club statement
Accrington Stanley will send a representative to the scheduled High Court hearing tomorrow morning to request a very short further adjournment in order to bring in the full £308,000 owed to HMR&C.

The club had hoped to be able to draw a line under the situation today however due to delays on a couple of sources of funding we will require a further week or so to do this.

After taking advice from our legal team we are more than confident that this will not be a problem and look forward to announcing the settlement of the debt in full in the next few days.
Totally predictable!

Yesterday it was all over bar the shouting. Today we need more time.

Given the track record of those running the club, who would believe a word they say? Lies (the 12 month agreement to pay-up) and half-truths from start to finish.

If we get Lord Chief Justice Gullible on the Bench tomorrow we might just avoid the winding-up order but don't hold your breath.

Get ready for Ramsbottom & Castleton Gabriels next season.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:54   #163

I am extremely dissappoined to put it lightly.

I asked in person will I have a club to watch on Friday Night?

Direct Response. ...."yes, I'll see you at Grimsby"

Then this chuffin happens, what a joke.
Old 27-10-2009, 17:57   #164
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Doug, am I allowed my Mussolini analogy yet? If not, when?
Who do you hang? The people who couldn’t be arsed to do their job properly in the first instance; the people who took on the debt in the self belief they could resolve the issue, the people who offered salvation and then withdrew their offers or the supporters that didn’t turn up and go through the gate.

But I accept your feelings.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:01   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Who do you hang? The people who couldn’t be arsed to do their job properly in the first instance; the people who took on the debt in the self belief they could resolve the issue, the people who offered salvation and then withdrew their offers or the supporters that didn’t turn up and go through the gate.

But I accept your feelings.
Come on Doug, please open your eyes. David O'Neill turned down the only option that could've saved the club outright.
No Stanley fan can forgive that.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..