Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2009, 17:41   #181
I am Banned

Re: "red letter day ??"

A quick look at the cases scheduled for tomorrow morning shows that ASFC Ltd appears in a batch of 71 companies all to be wound up or otherwise between 10.30 and 11.00.

So, on average, our barrister will have just over 23 seconds to persuade Mr. Registrar Simmonds of the merits of another adjournment.

I don't wish to be a 'cynical geriatric', but it doesn't look briiliant.

However, while there's life there's hope; and if a lot of the other cases are undefended we might get a decent hearing . . .

Court Hearings - Companies court Winding up list
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2009, 17:42   #182
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I may get slated for this but hay givit your best shot!! Ilyas Khan could we have your thoughts??please
Old 27-10-2009, 17:58   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I may get slated for this but hay givit your best shot!! Ilyas Khan could we have your thoughts??please
Mab, he is one guy that will never slate you...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:11   #184
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Seriously Doug, if yours or our business went bust tomorrow who would we blame. The customers or lack of them ? People offering to lend us money and then changing their minds ? They may be reasons but they are not the blame factor.
Short answer would be me.

Believe me Dave I won’t look good in Tangerine and I pray that we get through this long enough for the current incumbents to resign and for the club to be sold to someone that can afford it. But I am full of doubt.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:20   #185
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Sorry Doug, but it read differently to me, especialy taking into consideration your previous posts re Ilyas and the ASSF mate.

No offence meant or intended, but I do stand by my remarks!!........However I accept that yours were not directly aimed at the persons I thought they were

Pint?

There was no offence taken now or any other time. Stick you pint were the sun don’t shine cowboy…..I won’t settle for less than a crate….

My feelings toward the Khan/ASSF offer was one of discomfort and a belief that it was unworkable as well as unacceptable to the owners of the club, my thoughts haven’t changed and views have been exchanged between me and Mr. Khan.

But I implore him to step in now and save the face of Accrington and our club and I’ll do that on my knees if he wants.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:23   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
There was no offence taken now or any other time. Stick you pint were the sun don’t shine cowboy…..I won’t settle for less than a crate….

My feelings toward the Khan/ASSF offer was one of discomfort and a belief that it was unworkable as well as unacceptable to the owners of the club, my thoughts haven’t changed and views have been exchanged between me and Mr. Khan.

But I implore him to step in now and save the face of Accrington and our club and I’ll do that on my knees if he wants.

CRATE?..................I aint that sorry!!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:47   #187
God Member

Well I've kept off for a while to think and calm down a bit, I'm still not convinced we will get more time

I wonder if this still stands

Quote:
UNDER pressure chairman Dave O'Neill has told Accrington Stanley’s fans to leave the sleepless nights to him as D-Day for the cash-strapped club approaches
Yeah right, I'll be asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:53   #188
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Yeah right, I'll be asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow
Me too, Ken...me too.
Old 27-10-2009, 20:02   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
A quick look at the cases scheduled for tomorrow morning shows that ASFC Ltd appears in a batch of 71 companies all to be wound up or otherwise between 10.30 and 11.00.

So, on average, our barrister will have just over 23 seconds to persuade Mr. Registrar Simmonds of the merits of another adjournment.

I don't wish to be a 'cynical geriatric', but it doesn't look briiliant.

However, while there's life there's hope; and if a lot of the other cases are undefended we might get a decent hearing . . .

Court Hearings - Companies court Winding up list
I take that means we will know by 10:33 if they go in order

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 27-10-2009, 20:13   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAYTON RED View Post
I take that means we will know by 10:33 if they go in order
LOL, you wish, they might, we won't

www.ubuntu.com

Old 27-10-2009, 20:40   #191
Senior Member+

As any 'Letters', Proclamations, Declamations, Half-Truths, Untruths, or Damned Lies, which are likely to emanate from those who were always the intended targets of this thread...are at the very best going to be a poor, ill-defined and sickly shade of Light Puce.....can I politely suggest that my thread has now run it's course, and should therefore be allowed to die a dignified death!.

Even a positive response from HMRC tomorrow will probably only carry a slight tint of Pale -Pink around it's edges !...If That !!.

My enthusiasm...and that of my dear old 'alter-ego' who still says 'What me Worry' is definately on the wane tonight...but we shall return !!

'ON STANLEY !!...ON!!,,,TO GREATER THINGS !!

ps...Spare a thought tonight for John Coleman and our great Team...who must be feeling really dismayed and down !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 20:48   #192
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

ps...Spare a thought tonight for John Coleman and our great Team...who must be feeling really dismayed and down !!
Already doing it mate, not only could we lose a very good management team and squad but they have all got bills to pay like the rest of us, families to provied for etc.

Just hope someone from the club can tell jack barret exactly what happened and why they let it do it for a 2nd time.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 00:14   #193
Senior Member+

Angry Re: "red letter day ??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Article now online;

UNDER pressure chairman Dave O'Neill has told Accrington Stanley’s fans to leave the sleepless nights to him as D-Day for the cash-strapped club approaches.
Stanley must repay £308,000 to the taxman on Wednesday to avoid being wound up – and O’Neill is confident the bill will be paid tomorrow.
Speaking to the Lancashire Telegraph, O’Neill declared: “Yes we are going to beat it, of course we are going to make it.
“On a scale of one to 10, we are a nine now. We have one or two things coming in on Monday but at this stage we are happy with it (the state of fundraising).”
But O’Neill admits that it hasn’t been all plain sailing and added: “We had a bit of a let down on Friday. “I can’t mention names, but a guy promised us £25,000 and let us down, so we are a little bit short at the minute.
“But we have one or two things to come through on Monday. Ilyas Khan is not involved.”
When asked the timescale of the payback and whether O’Neill would be in the High Court on Wednesday, he said: “I don’t want to go (to London). All the bank transfer will be done on Tuesday.
“A few fans have said they are not sleeping. Let me do the not sleeping.”

Ilyas Khan is not involved is he ???? The DON had better let him be involved later today............

Let me do the not sleeping ??????????? it is 1:15am and I and by the looks of it lots of other fans are not sleeping tonight thanks you LIAR...
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 02:37   #194
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Let me do the not sleeping ??????????? it is 1:15am and I and by the looks of it lots of other fans are not sleeping tonight thanks you LIAR...

dont think I will neither
Old 28-10-2009, 04:40   #195
God Member

Good luck for today, hope that judge had a better nights sleep than I did.
Working today, can't see me getting much done though, will keep my eye on Accyweb when I can and hoping for a few text updates, just hope they dont keep it from us till late afternoon like they did yesterday

GOOD LUCK

www.ubuntu.com

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..