Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2009, 09:48   #31
Senior Member+

Re: "red letter day ??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
What are you poor buggers going to do after the weekend when all this will be history You'll be bored ****less the lot of ya......
No time to be bored in out fascinating world Doug !!....Full of other wonderful things to marvel at as well as our trips down 'Stanley Lane'...BUT until I'm sure that the 'History' which you forecast will actually reveal to the Soccer world that we will all be watching League Football at 'The Crown' in the weeks, months , and years to come, then this poor ****** will continue to voice his concern about 'THE EMERGENCY' and how, if ever, it is to be resolved...

I usually share in your concerns which always shine out from your postings!...so for a little while longer you will have to put up with mine!!...
BUT I really do hope that the 'Red Letter' and 'Aides Memoire' threads are made totally redundant at the earliest opportunity !!.

ON STANLEY!!!...ON!!! TO GREATER THINGS !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2009, 09:51   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Could you tell us what you're basing this sudden change of heart on, Mab?...or have you been sworn to secrecy?
There's more secrecy on here than MI5
Old 24-10-2009, 10:14   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Hopefully, we'll be watching our club play in the football league! There's only one way I'm going to be really bored on a Saturday afternoon and I'm trying hard not to think about that at the moment!
Go on Mr.W get out there carrying the shopping
Old 24-10-2009, 10:33   #34
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Someones not been very nice to me this morn!! negative Karma who ever you are thanks alot
Old 24-10-2009, 16:45   #35
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Someones not been very nice to me this morn!! negative Karma who ever you are thanks alot
Don’t worry Mab; I’ve been getting **** loads all week. Some people will never give anyone or anything positive credit. We all have opinions and we should never be put off expressing them… I put smiles all across my last post on this thread, it was always meant in humour but some sad arse had to ask “What do you know” with a dose of negative…..Well if he/she wants an answer; “obviously a lot more than you”

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 17:51   #36
Resting in Peace

Sitting in the pub in Norden after the sponsored walk I approached David O'Neill, who to his credit had joined us for the last leg. He was exuding confidence the whole time I was speaking to him. I said that many of we supporters were going crazy for some reassurance re. the tax bill, and asked him if he could oblige. He said, that on a scale of one to ten we were on a nine. I then said he must therefore have an "arrangement" with HMRC. to which he replied with a nod. I cannot believe, after looking me straight in the eye, that he will not deliver the goods next Wednesday. What happens subsequently is another matter.
As I had imbibed a few pints by then, and the pub was very crowded, I didn't pursue matters any further, but thought I would post on here with my findings!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 18:10   #37

So you think he may have pulled it off?
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 18:27   #38
Resting in Peace

Remains to be seen, but I will sleep easier tonight than I have all week.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 18:31   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Remains to be seen, but I will sleep easier tonight than I have all week.
Nice to meet you today Redraine.

I too was told the same story by Mr O'Neil and I didn't know what to make of it. To be 90% sure of saving the club at this late stage didn't fill me with confidence, but hopefully it'll all come good in the end.

Whatever is going to happen will happen, as it's too late for alternatives at this late stage.
Old 24-10-2009, 19:07   #40
God Member

Smile Re: "red letter day ??"

90%??? With you TM, as I was in The Brown Cow

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 19:14   #41

don just pay it ples then we all can help pay the next bills with help
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 20:04   #42
Senior Member+

According to Radio Lancs, Rob Heys has stated that the club willbe contacting HMRC on Monday witha view to paying of 100% of the debt. Lets hope that this is correct.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 20:22   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
According to Radio Lancs, Rob Heys has stated that the club willbe contacting HMRC on Monday witha view to paying of 100% of the debt. Lets hope that this is correct.
You would think a statement of such magnitude would be announced first on the club's own website, with a special thank you to all it's fans who helped to achieve the result
Old 24-10-2009, 21:17   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You would think a statement of such magnitude would be announced first on the club's own website, with a special thank you to all it's fans who helped to achieve the result
Existing 'Track Records' at 'The Crown' suggest that this would be a most unlikely occurrence indeed Dave!..
and so if this wasn't the chosen channel to disseminate 'a statement of such magnitude', does it mean that 'Doubting Thomases' like yours truly, must still continue to treat any reported rumour with some suspicion ?.

'WHAT ME WORRY ?'....Until I hear THE WORDS.. 'Taxman Paid in Full'...
I'm afraid I do !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 21:22   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Existing 'Track Records' at 'The Crown' suggest that this would be a most unlikely occurrence indeed Dave!..
and so if this wasn't the chosen channel to disseminate 'a statement of such magnitude', does it mean that 'Doubting Thomases' like yours truly, must still continue to treat any reported rumour with some suspicion ?.

'WHAT ME WORRY ?'....Until I hear THE WORDS.. 'Taxman Paid in Full'...
I'm afraid I do !!.
To be honest it's not rocket science to figure out they will have to contact HMRC with a view to paying 100% of the tax bill, the taxman isn't going to give a discount is he ?

But is it to pay all 100% on Monday or 100% over a longer period of time

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..