Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2009, 15:45   #46
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: "red letter day ??"

Thank you friends!!! And heres to a positive Bright future
Old 25-10-2009, 15:52   #47
mab
God Member

Welcome back cashman to Stanley world!!hope you had agood break pal Theirs plenty for you to catch up on
Old 26-10-2009, 06:24   #48
mab
God Member

Lets hope to day is the day that the club makes a statement,and that our fears can be put to rest for good!! lets not forget the players and the management need to be put at ease as well,heres something i found click on the link Accrington Stanley’s celebrations delayed
Old 26-10-2009, 06:47   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Lets hope to day is the day that the club makes a statement,and that our fears can be
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
put to rest for good!! lets not forget the players and the management need to be put at ease as well,heres something i found click on the link Accrington Stanley’s celebrations delayed
Good Link Mab...which only goes to confirm what we have all been putting into words for what seems like an eternity now !!.

IS TODAY THE DAY ??....will this thread finally be laid to a rest from which it will never need to be resurrected again ??.....I Sincerely Hope so !!

( Alfred.E. interjects...'I bet everyone else hopes so too!!'...Cheeky little rascal!)

'ON STANLEY !!..ON!!!.TO GRIMSBY.. AND TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE !'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 07:45   #50
God Member

According to the a-board outside, the Telegraph headline says 'Tax Bill to be paid tommorow'. It's not online yet and as much as I would love to tell you the full story I'm afraid it's a paper I won't part with my money for
Old 26-10-2009, 09:13   #51
God Member

Article now online;

UNDER pressure chairman Dave O'Neill has told Accrington Stanley’s fans to leave the sleepless nights to him as D-Day for the cash-strapped club approaches.
Stanley must repay £308,000 to the taxman on Wednesday to avoid being wound up – and O’Neill is confident the bill will be paid tomorrow.
Speaking to the Lancashire Telegraph, O’Neill declared: “Yes we are going to beat it, of course we are going to make it.
“On a scale of one to 10, we are a nine now. We have one or two things coming in on Monday but at this stage we are happy with it (the state of fundraising).”
But O’Neill admits that it hasn’t been all plain sailing and added: “We had a bit of a let down on Friday. “I can’t mention names, but a guy promised us £25,000 and let us down, so we are a little bit short at the minute.
“But we have one or two things to come through on Monday. Ilyas Khan is not involved.”
When asked the timescale of the payback and whether O’Neill would be in the High Court on Wednesday, he said: “I don’t want to go (to London). All the bank transfer will be done on Tuesday.
“A few fans have said they are not sleeping. Let me do the not sleeping.”
Old 26-10-2009, 09:33   #52
Senior Member+

Even my young mate next door...a dyed -in- the- wool Clitheroe supporter (and second-rate Beatles Impersonator!) lost his composure when I told him that....

'TODAY IS OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO BE....'THE' DAY !!.

BUT....'ON STANLEY !!...ON!!!'
Old 26-10-2009, 11:23   #53
mab
God Member

And here is the linkWe will pay tax bill on Tuesday, says Accrington Stanley chief
Old 26-10-2009, 15:11   #54
God Member

Do the telegraph actually talk to people, or do they get the quotes off various message boards, or do they just make it all up?
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 16:39   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Do the telegraph actually talk to people, or do they get the quotes off various message boards, or do they just make it all up?

Their Track Record would suggest that..... 1) Not very often....2) Most Probably...and 3)...All the time !!!

' ON STANLEY!!!...ON!!!....TO GREATER THINGS !!'
Old 27-10-2009, 06:43   #56
mab
God Member

Well im ready to set mine off
Old 27-10-2009, 06:52   #57
Senior Member+

At breakfast this morning...!!.

(Y) Is it TODAY ?..( A.E.) .No, it can't be !..(Y.) .Will he ?...(A.E.)Well he said he would!....(Y.) Can it be ??...( A.E.) Well he wouldn't say so if he didn't mean it.....would he ?... (Y.)But on a scale of ten, he said he's 'now at nine'....does that mean that he's got to find one-tenth of £308,000 today ??..(A.E.)..Possibly !....I mean...seriously, would you buy a new Car....(Y.) Shhhh Alfred..someone may be listening !......( It's a sad place is our Dining Room!)

BUT, if anyone that matters is out there watching....Is today really going to be THE RED-LETTER DAY ??..If it is then things would be immeasurably brighter , not only in my World, but also for the Millions of hopeful watchers just waiting for THE GOOD NEWS !!...

(A.E.)..People think you're a bit weird you know!..(Y) Guess so !.

'ON STANLEY !!...ON!!!...TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!'

Last edited by yonmon; 27-10-2009 at 06:55. Reason: Forgot to take my medication!
Old 27-10-2009, 07:22   #58
God Member

Lets hope the bank doesn't cock up in the next 24hrs eh

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 07:33   #59

The waiting is nearly over thankgod!

Its all in the hands of the DON

Im praying that the next statement will be a reason to party
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 07:44   #60

Club bosses at Accrington Stanley say they hope to have their tax debt in full by the end of the day.

That's despite being let down by some supporters offering the club loans to help pay its three hundred and eight thousand pound bill.

The club had planned to settle the amount by using cash from their Save our Stanley fund, investment by the club's directors and small loans.

107 The Bee: Stanley set to pay back debt

they now hope to have their tax debt in full by the end of the day,not will have all bank transfers done by today as stated before

they have be let down by some supporters offering loans not 1 loan of £25,000 as stated before

hmmmmmm
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..