Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 14:48   #16

Re: 'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

redash, i dont know the answer to that. My original post was longer, but got swiped by the system when i took too long to hit "reply". so i had to retype and then lost some of the immediacy of my original post. In that original I too wonder at what possible motive oneil would have for being so consistently inaccurate and for being so misleading. Is it simply gross incompetence ? I was of the view that incompetence allied with a huge desire for local recognition was the root of most of the problems, but the sheer scale of the debt racked up by whalley is staggering. that is why i think a true forensic audit of all cash flow and accounts will be called for - including the flow of money to and from shareholders.

right now I am slowly digesting the news. As i said in my previous post, this is not a good day for ASFC, and I am sickened to the core by what i have found out.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2009, 14:52   #17
God Member

This situaton seems to lurch from one crisis to another, Ilyas and Peter, again thank you for abiding by your words..............why oh why cant O'Neil do the same? Is this man a compulsive liar or does He really believe that 'it will be allright on the night'?.......I know which one I think!

Kudos to Rob Heys for His efforts to keep you up to date Ilyas.

I am praying for better news this evening..................but Im not holding my breath!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 14:52   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh dear, this looks even worse than a cynical git like me even thought.
Old 02-11-2009, 14:55   #19
God Member

Now im very worried - something dodgey is happening & think the people at the club want it to close rather than take the generous sincere offer, its madness & hurtful.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:00   #20
Super Moderator

Thank you for keeping us informed, Ilyas.

Thought I couldn't be shocked any more than I have been...

So, the club have to find another £102,000 by Wednesday morning?

Really, really worried now.
Old 02-11-2009, 15:01   #21
God Member

Ilyas, forgive me for being slow! Are you confirming that the club has paid NO MORE monies to HMRC and that the £110k paid to HMRC is from both you and Peter?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:02   #22
God Member

Could there be a hint of fraud going on with the missing money ?? To paraphraze that the money hasnt gone to where its supposed to go has it

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 02-11-2009 at 15:06.
Old 02-11-2009, 15:12   #23

UK cowboy, just to clarify, the total gone to HMRC that i can confirm is £110,000 from me and £96,000 from SOS appeal.

Stanley Mad, whilst i share your emotion and your outrage, i think it sensible for us to be lead by facts and by hard evidence, not by emotion. I am shocked by what I have found out. I have no idea what the directors have been doing, and obviously the sums dont appear to add up. If the PFA has very generously paid player's wages, then the outgoings of the club are very low. I would want to get an independent auditor to look carefully at all outgoings from the past few seasons, not just this season, and see how things have been managed. I also want to hire a lawyer to look at the application of corporate law to the acts of all directors in the past few months (as opposed to the past few seasons). I dont know what crime has been committed, if any, by oneil on the question of passing himself off as the majority owner, but I am now sufficiently angry to want to hire legal advisors on this point.
Old 02-11-2009, 15:20   #24
God Member

Opologies for the strong emotion but im really shocked & angry for u & Peter as for the rest of us whom have worked very hard to save the club, i just really dont understand the mentality from the club at all.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 02-11-2009, 15:20   #25
Resting in Peace

Ilyas, it seems the club is forcing your hand in this horrible mess. If not legally criminal, the present regime is morally bankrupt and beyond contempt. I just hope they will be exposed in the media for what they are.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:22   #26

This is not good
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:23   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
UK cowboy, just to clarify, the total gone to HMRC that i can confirm is £110,000 from me and £96,000 from SOS appeal.

Stanley Mad, whilst i share your emotion and your outrage, i think it sensible for us to be lead by facts and by hard evidence, not by emotion. I am shocked by what I have found out. I have no idea what the directors have been doing, and obviously the sums dont appear to add up. If the PFA has very generously paid player's wages, then the outgoings of the club are very low. I would want to get an independent auditor to look carefully at all outgoings from the past few seasons, not just this season, and see how things have been managed. I also want to hire a lawyer to look at the application of corporate law to the acts of all directors in the past few months (as opposed to the past few seasons). I dont know what crime has been committed, if any, by oneil on the question of passing himself off as the majority owner, but I am now sufficiently angry to want to hire legal advisors on this point.
So unless i'm a complete numpty. 96k sos 110k from ilyas, n unless the club honours what it has said, in 36 hours stanley are History? plus ilyas has lost 110k.
Old 02-11-2009, 15:24   #28

Redraine, others have also said the same thing. But i just dont see what possible upside they woudl get by doing this. All i have to do is say that i have done my bit with the £110,000 and walk away. Then what ? Honestly, I really am now of the view that this whole mess is deeper, dirtier and smellier than a simple mis-management. Bulletin boards are very bad places to conduct this type of conversation, but given our collective love and support for the club, I believe it best to continue to share what i am learning. Its a community in Accy that deserves better, hence my shock this afternoon.

As i say, i will post again this afternoon or late evening as i learn more.
Old 02-11-2009, 15:27   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So unless i'm a complete numpty. 96k sos 110k from ilyas, n unless the club honours what it has said, in 36 hours stanley are History? plus ilyas has lost 110k.
Exactly very worrying indeed even more sorry for ilyas im soooo angry with the heads of the club

Thank you Ilyas for keeping us all informed to the best of your knowledge

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 02-11-2009 at 15:31.
Old 02-11-2009, 15:37   #30
Resting In Peace

Why is none of this in the papers ? Isn't it about time that the press got involved and exposed Whalley and O'Neill for what they are. Are these two going to pay any monies over to the Revenue before Wednesday or are they keeping any spare cash for a share out if the Club is wound up. If that is the case I wouldn't like to be in their shoes. Mr. Whalley had better move to Chester.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..