Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 21:23   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

Agree wi yer sentiments Willie, but like outback honestly think a boycott is not a good move, coley n team as well as financial matters need our support n deserve it, how they have accredited those points whilst all this crap goes on, not getting paid on time n played great IMHO, if yer barracking the other clowns, i will be with ya 100%, but don't let coley n team suffer, victims same as us i think.
Old 02-11-2009, 21:25   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Google Page Ranking would you really want this current regime to profit from any cup run?

BBC interviews, posh meals out at Old Trafford " Hi I am David , the owner!"

Bah humbug!
In short no I was not trying to empahaise that point, sorry if it came across like that

I suppose the point I was trying to make is none of this is the Management or Players fault

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 02-11-2009 at 21:30.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 21:27   #93
Senior Member+

Read this ;-http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/monday-10pm-50240.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...0pm-50240.html

Last edited by david1; 02-11-2009 at 21:33.
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 21:36   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree wi yer sentiments Willie, but like outback honestly think a boycott is not a good move, coley n team as well as financial matters need our support n deserve it, how they have accredited those points whilst all this crap goes on, not getting paid on time n played great IMHO, if yer barracking the other clowns, i will be with ya 100%, but don't let coley n team suffer, victims same as us i think.
Yeah I am sure I will be there, but still think the only way for change is a drastic fan action.... They will feel it in the pocket

How about not paying & backing the players from behind the Whiiney Hill bus shelter?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 21:38   #95
Senior Member+

Definitely with Cashy on this one. Given that the media seem properly on to this now, any money that comes in now really can't go anywhere other than on wages, taxes, running costs and debt repayment - and if we are to continue to exist we need to do those things, whoever's signing the cheques. Dividends, directors' expenses or any other ways of getting money out to individuals would surely legally be fraud under the present circumstances.

If the Ultras give up on the team by withdrawing support, that really would be the end. Please don't!!
Old 02-11-2009, 21:38   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
How about not paying & backing the players from behind the Whiiney Hill bus shelter?
You could always pay the entrance money direct to the players rep
Old 02-11-2009, 21:43   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You could always pay the entrance money direct to the players rep
think that we can discuss stuff like that if we still got a club after wednesday.
Old 02-11-2009, 22:07   #98

The fans have acted with the greatest dignity throughout this mess. I dont think too many other boards would be getting as much silenced anger. I agree with the continued backing of jc,jb and his players but I think not enough pressure has been applied for the truth and now it maybe too late. Keep the faith - in what? who?
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:10   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
The fans have acted with the greatest dignity throughout this mess. I dont think too many other boards would be getting as much silenced anger. I agree with the continued backing of jc,jb and his players but I think not enough pressure has been applied for the truth and now it maybe too late. Keep the faith - in what? who?
I agree....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:13   #100
Senior Member+

The only Assumption(sorry Ilyas) I can come to on this is that the powers (51%) that be WANT asfc to be wound up asap. No one will spend time and money investigating the accounts of a failed league 2 football club.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:22   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
The only Assumption(sorry Ilyas) I can come to on this is that the powers (51%) that be WANT asfc to be wound up asap. No one will spend time and money investigating the accounts of a failed league 2 football club.
I suspect you may be right, but it could be very unwise of them to think that way. Changes in the companies act appear to make it easier for shareholders to sue for bad directorship;

Disgruntled shareholders in Northern Rock and other troubled British companies looking to pin blame on senior management will receive a boost next month with the introduction of new laws making it easier to sue individual company directors.
The changes – part of last year’s controversial Companies Act that take effect on October 1 – remove several significant barriers that previously have made suing individual directors of British businesses almost impossible in the absence of fraud.
The new laws allow small shareholders to sue directors for negligence based on things that they have done – or failed to do – without having to prove that the individuals have benefited directly or that they had committed fraud. Lawyers believe that the Act makes shareholder lawsuits even more likely because it also widens the scope of directors’ duties. Boards that previously were limited to considering the needs of a company and its shareholders will, from next month, be obliged to consider the company’s impact on new factors, including the “environment” and the “local community” – vague requirements that lawyers say are ripe for test cases until their meaning is refined in court.

Last edited by lancsdave; 02-11-2009 at 22:27.
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:26   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
i'm in your camp simon sadly, have suspected this fer a while now.
Old 02-11-2009, 22:41   #103
God Member

Please can i remind people about what they post and consider the forum. I cant allow outright personal attacks or abusive language, this is a family forum they will be removed. Discussion and opinion is fine but a line is drawn. Thanks for taking note we will not be drawn to the low standards, we can rise above it

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:43   #104
Senior Member+

bad language ok i accept that.

But the truth??? ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:49   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
bad language ok i accept that.

But the truth??? ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
Provide the facts ? No one at the club are saying nothing leaving us to speculate, opinion is fine but accusations need to be backed up this forum would be in jepardy otherwise. Hence my job.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..