Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 06:31   #1
Senior Member+

'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

Not wanting anyone to even suggest that I just might be infected by the dreaded 'Red-letter Day' syndrome !!..or even to think thatiI could possibly be obsessed by the idea that by constantly reprising my prophesy that such a momentous event is about to happen for Accrington Stanley, then it it WILL surely come to pass !!..Dare I say ....(Alfred.E. 'Go on ...say it!')

.A THREE DAYS ONLY THREAD !!...Itl is Monday the 2nd of November.. and the bright fingers of Dawn,so assertively lighting the eastern fringes of Pendle Hill are definately pointing the way to a RED LETTER DAY !!.

By the day's ending I am more that certain that the Forum will be ablaze with information which will gladden the hearts and minds of all TRUE fans of our great Little Club that willnot not Die!!'...wherever they may be !!...

A RED-LETTER DAY INDEED !!...

( Alfred.E.....'and you're not wearing those ridiculous red-coloured spectacles either !!)

'ON STANLEY !!......ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!'

Last edited by yonmon; 02-11-2009 at 06:33.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2009, 07:23   #2
God Member

Re: 'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

My dear Yonmon and Alfred,

So confident am I, that messrs Khan and Marsden will pull our little club through this 'slight impasse' in its history (albeit kicking and screaming), that I invite you both to join me on Weds evening at around 8pm in that great little place known as The Oaklea for a celebratory shandy or two............what say you Sirs?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:36   #3

why the oak lea is the Crown (an accrington stanley pub) not good enough ????
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
why the oak lea is the Crown (an accrington stanley pub) not good enough ????
IT's a BIG secret Tickler !...so don't be such a Nosey-Parker...or any other kind of Parker come to that !!..

But that does not mean that I, and UKC, and practically all who do patronise ( And I mean that in the nicest possible way!!) that delightful little Hostelry.. 'The Crown'...would ever condemn it as being 'not good enough'...

( Alfred.E. says it's a 'damn good pint in't Crown as well !' ...and that's good enough for me !)..

Perhaps we'll meet you there..who can say!!

Last edited by yonmon; 02-11-2009 at 09:41. Reason: unexpected spelling mistake !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:42   #5
God Member

We may indeed be as sure as safety from the winding up as possible but one does worry for the future, indeed as whilst board remain & feeling as high that it wont be safe from being run into the ground anyway.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:20   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
We may indeed be as sure as safety from the winding up as possible but one does worry for the future, indeed as whilst board remain & feeling as high that it wont be safe from being run into the ground anyway.
whilst i'm sure if it was soley down to Mr Khan n Mr.Marsden we would be safe, what worrys me still is the dependence on liars to transfer the £100K, ya cannot make up the shortfall if ya dont actually know what it is.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:24   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whilst i'm sure if it was soley down to Mr Khan n Mr.Marsden we would be safe, what worrys me still is the dependence on liars to transfer the £100K, ya cannot make up the shortfall if ya dont actually know what it is.
Thats my big fear other than eric pulling the plug on the club anyway cos the current board cannot sustain the running whilst we all think they should go.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 13:08   #8
Full Member+

If / when the taxman is paid , in a realistic world Eric Whalley should be paid too, then that is another problem gone.Whilst he is still owed money for his shares , he has every right to be in Accrington Stanley., the real question I as is, is David ONiell right to be in there if he has not paid for the shares.Surely there is a loophole somewhere. Also if Eric does still own is shares is it legal for him to be involved at Chester ? Personally, I have no idea , it is only hearsay , but I am sure someone on this site will know the correct circumstances. How about you Tealeaf ? any idea.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 13:17   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
If / when the taxman is paid , in a realistic world Eric Whalley should be paid too, then that is another problem gone.Whilst he is still owed money for his shares , he has every right to be in Accrington Stanley.
Who owes him money for his shares? He hasn't sold them yet.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 13:29   #10
Full Member+

Sorry Jeff, I understood that David O Niell had bought Eric s shares , but Eric not been paid for them yet. Have I got it wrong ?
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 13:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Sorry Jeff, I understood that David O Niell had bought Eric s shares , but Eric not been paid for them yet. Have I got it wrong ?
It appears that O'Neil has NOT paid EW for the shares as yet. Records from Companies House still show EW as 51% shareholder.

Jeff will correct me if Im wrong as He has a much better understanding than I do!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 14:27   #12

good afternoon.

Ilyas here. I realise that the club will probably not provide an update to the fans and the community at large. This is disgraceful in my view, and only one of many things that have been done, and continue to be done that are outside the pale.

before i post my update, please remember i am neither a director or an office holder at the club. I will focus only on facts, and if there is guesswork involved or second hand information, i will say so.

this is NOT a positive update, so prepare yourselves accordingly.

firstly, as of right now, £206,000 has been sent to HMRC. The balance of the money was meant to be from the PFA (on weds last week oneil told the court that the pfa money was "in the bank" and would be remitted in the next few hours). As of 3.20pm this money has not turned up. I do not believe it will arrive today.

Additionally, not one penny has come from the directors' contribution. As you recall this was meant to be for £100,000. I can confirm that nothing has come through. Oneil has contributed not one penny, unless he has sent it secretly to the tax authorities.

Also, the player's wages are not paid. this means the club has to come up with £150,000 in the next couple of days.

Also, I am now aware that no League money is to come in. Apparently the league money was used to repay the original PFA money, which in turn means that players wages for a few months were paid not by the club but by the PFA, which in turn begs the question "what happened to all that cashflow from operations if not to pay for wages". there is also the small matter of what happened to the oxford professor and ASSF loan that we had originally heard had been used for "tax payments" and when that turned out not to be true we were told it was for "operational purposes".

On a related matter, I can now confirm that oneil is not the owner of any shares. not one single share. how on earth he managed to persuade people that he is a majority owner, and signs off on the programme as "owner" is something that will be added to the list of things to be investigated.

I know most of you will be focused on the big question of "what next". Peter and i had promised the court to uphold the shortfall of £110,000. We have fulfilled that commitment. It turns out that the shortfall was much much greater. I can at least confirm that Rob Heys has been helpful and clear today. I have seen correspondence with the PFA which leads me to believe that some amount might come in at some time, but I do not know when that "sometime" might be.

I am keeping this message short and to the point. I am fuming, I am angry, and I am ashamed at the way the directors are treating this club and its supporters and fans, and the community at large. Given everything that has gone on, I believe that a forensic analysis of the accounts is the least that needs to be done, and i promise you all that i will not leave this matter un-resolved.

I also promise to come back tonight with another update. For now I have asked heys to let me know what oneil proposes to do about the new "shortfall".
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 14:33   #13
God Member

Thanks for all your efforts Ilyas, and keeping us informed. My thanks also go to Peter Marsden.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 14:42   #14
God Member

I'm starting to think now that something very fishy is going on. Is O'Neil waiting for you (Ilyas) to sort out the debt, then hand back to Whalley. Who will then prove difficult to shift, as the club will be on a better financial footing, and he will try again to get his £1M?
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 14:46   #15

Thought Rob was on holiday this week,but obviously you are in touch with him.Thanks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..