Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2007, 07:42   #1

Reds Fans "Excited"

Story in today's LET:

"Stanley boss John Coleman is hoping the fans will be excited by his January transfer dealings.

After losing Gary Roberts and Ian Craney, Coleman has used his transfer kitty wisely and brought in Shaun Whalley on a permanent deal as well as clinching the signature of Mauro Alexandra Sliva Almeida on a deal to the end of the season.

And with the Reds boss targeting a midfielder and a striker on deals he hopes to have completed tomorrow night. Coleman is hoping the fans will be as happy as he is.
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2007, 08:30   #2

Re: Reds Fans "Excited"

The Midfielder i hope is Mannix

As for the striker, i hope he's a name we have heard of for our sake
Old 30-01-2007, 08:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey View Post
The Midfielder i hope is Mannix

As for the striker, i hope he's a name we have heard of for our sake
Who had heard of Roberts before he came here ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 09:02   #4

I'll believe it when it materializes, non of his other targets have arrived. I hope it's not more P.R. for the fans benifit. Fishy site has nothing to declare apart from the Maltese Prime Minister enjoying his tour of the facilities!! Come on Jiffy Bag lets be knowing who these so called targets are, or are you too shamed faced to post again.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 09:24   #5

I believe that we wont bring in another striker... too many have gone to clubs, so many targets missed.
Old 30-01-2007, 09:40   #6

you might be right there Dan. Why don't the Club just come out and say we cannot get players to come to this Club. Why?
Old 30-01-2007, 09:53   #7

Because Eric Whalley is as tight as you are Tommy!!!!!
PaulMullinsForehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 10:02   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Who had heard of Roberts before he came here ?
And the first season we had him was nothing special. We don't have time for players to mature and develop. We need the finished article now!
Old 30-01-2007, 10:23   #9

Absolutley spot on

We need a proven goalscorer now, who can fit straight in to the squad at the moment.
Old 30-01-2007, 11:28   #10

Post Re: Reds Fans "Excited"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Boy View Post
Story in today's LET:

"Stanley boss John Coleman is hoping the fans will be excited by his January transfer dealings.

After losing Gary Roberts and Ian Craney, Coleman has used his transfer kitty wisely and brought in Shaun Whalley on a permanent deal as well as clinching the signature of Mauro Alexandra Sliva Almeida on a deal to the end of the season.

And with the Reds boss targeting a midfielder and a striker on deals he hopes to have completed tomorrow night. Coleman is hoping the fans will be as happy as he is.
Sorry for being a Doubting Thomas, but I'll get excited after I've seen Almeida give us a clean sheet, and the new midfielder give the ball to the new striker, so he can score the winning goal.
Until then I'll reserve judgement.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 11:43   #11
Full Member+

Well at lease he made (so far) a good decision in bringing in Whalley, when I have watched him he's made an impact. Let's just hope he knows what he's doing when it comes to any other players.

As for Almeida, I look forward to watching him in action. Until then fingers crossed Coley...

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 12:26   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey View Post
Absolutley spot on

We need a proven goalscorer now, who can fit straight in to the squad at the moment.
We are the third highest goalscorers in the league so why do we need a proven goalscorer so urgently. We have conceded the most goals in the Football League, don't you think we need to get this bloody defence sorted out with proven defenders "who can fit straight in to the squad at the moment"
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 13:27   #13

Yes exactly right Jeff and he now as to give his attention to a goalkeeper,as well as defenders. I must admit I to think that we need a proven goalscorer, think how many goals we would have scored. Paul is not going to go all season without illness or injury. Mangan or Brown are not the answer, but you are right we need to strengthen the defence urgently.
Old 30-01-2007, 16:37   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Yes exactly right Jeff and he now as to give his attention to a goalkeeper,as well as defenders. I must admit I to think that we need a proven goalscorer, think how many goals we would have scored. Paul is not going to go all season without illness or injury. Mangan or Brown are not the answer, but you are right we need to strengthen the defence urgently.
So why shout about needing an attacker on another thread (the statement about how the club are embarrassing - in case u forgot). Then come on this thread and shout about needing a defender - Make ur mind up mate

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 22:50   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We are the third highest goalscorers in the league so why do we need a proven goalscorer so urgently. We have conceded the most goals in the Football League, don't you think we need to get this bloody defence sorted out with proven defenders "who can fit straight in to the squad at the moment"
yes but how many of those goals are now attributed to departed players???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..