Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes
  • 6 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 4 Post By andyd
  • 6 Post By monkey hanger
  • 7 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By pifco
  • 1 Post By Twenty Eight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2020, 21:55   #1
Senior Member+

Reduced Price Entry?

As the season is now over, how does Andy Holt expect to bring in any walk on supporters for the remaining home games?

There is no prospect of promotion, no possibility of relegation.

To overcome the boredom does anyone agree the club should be putting on some novel ticket offers to attract any casuals?

Maybe free food or drink vouchers with tickets? Ticket prices reduced? Etc?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2020, 08:20   #2
God Member

Re: Reduced Price Entry?

Or you could announce on here that you will, personally buy every walk-up, newbie fan their ticket, pie, and pint for coming to watch, according to you, a meaningless match.
Another great idea from Davo Enterprises.
Are you a politician in disguise?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 08:25   #3
God Member

What a load of tripe you are spouting Davoo7 Stanley have 13 games remaining they have done it in the past 39 points to grab giving if you can add up 78 points to aim for they could win every game stay away if you think the season is over insults the players, managers and all the staff and supporters who are working hard to achieve the highest position in the table we can.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 08:35   #4
God Member

just what is boring about coming to a game where the result is not a life or death experiance for the club and players. much more relaxing for fans like if we score an early goal we are wishing the game to be over. the rest of the games might be meaningless for some but not for stanley players or their opponents.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 10:02   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

never been bored been watching stanley since 53, been sick many times but never bored.
Old 21-02-2020, 11:10   #6
God Member

its just my blood pressure that bothers me and the possible repetitive strain issue on my left wrist by looking at my watch that bothers me watching stanley.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 12:05   #7
Full Member+

When I watch a match the only thing that I'm bothered about is the result of that match I only start to think about the implications of the result after the final whistle unless we are in the relegation zone. If the match is a really boring one I either watch for the scores in other matches or see if any of the regulars are absent but even this is less boring than watching "Muder she wrote" for the 100th time. So no I'll not stay away just because we are safe.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 12:19   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no stanley fan will pifco, maybe a few who say they are is all that will.
Old 21-02-2020, 15:50   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
As the season is now over, how does Andy Holt expect to bring in any walk on supporters for the remaining home games?

There is no prospect of promotion, no possibility of relegation.

To overcome the boredom does anyone agree the club should be putting on some novel ticket offers to attract any casuals?

Maybe free food or drink vouchers with tickets? Ticket prices reduced? Etc?
God give me strength.
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..