Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2005, 22:08   #1
God Member

referees at friendlies

On the official asfc site it says the FA have ruled that all friendlies now have to be officiated (think thats right word) by referees at the level of the highest league club playing in the friendly. eg. When we play the friendly with wigan we have to have a prem ref, are the fees then paid by us as we are the home team or are they shared??? Seems a weird ruling if you ask me!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2005, 02:56   #2

Re: referees at friendlies

home team pays the ref if I am not mistaken and given all bar one of Stanley's friendlies are at home, it could be quite a hefty dent in the Stanley coffers. Not good
Old 15-06-2005, 14:13   #3
God Member

yeah its not good news but hopefully the bigger clubs will lend a helping hand in paying for the refs but this is another stupid rule enforced by the FA to ensure small clubs cant make much money and develop our national game!!!! also its stops less experienced refs from officaiting bigger clubs and getting some more experience!!! another great rule from the FA!!!!
Old 15-06-2005, 22:56   #4

Biggest load of money making cobblers I've come across. No wonder Eric is fuming. Surely there should be a lead in time period with clubs already having arranged fixtures already.
What chance for the Ultrs vs 1st team repeat too as there would have to be a conf ref & co on hand. Pathetic is a tame word.
Old 16-06-2005, 07:45   #5

its stupid, unless there main aim to to get rid of lower league clubs by fleecing them of any money they may have, then i cant see any point to it.

The FA need to re-think this idea!!!!!
Old 16-06-2005, 08:06   #6
Senior Member+

Just a point on this one, as Wigan Athletic have not yet played in the Premiership and technically are not a Premiership team until after the Kick off in August, could a Championship referee not officiate? Not much of a difference I know, but maybe a couple of ackers less than Premiership standard referee, anyway, they all is crap regardless of what level the officiate at!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 10:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Just a point on this one, as Wigan Athletic have not yet played in the Premiership and technically are not a Premiership team until after the Kick off in August, could a Championship referee not officiate? Not much of a difference I know, but maybe a couple of ackers less than Premiership standard referee, anyway, they all is crap regardless of what level the officiate at!
Well though off, that is a very good point to make, and one of which Mr Whalley could use and would use in an argument with the FA haha

Every penny counts
Old 07-07-2005, 00:13   #8
God Member

FA BACK DOWN ON PRE-SEASON REFEREE DEBACLE
The Football Association have backed down on a controversial referee ruling that could have cost non-League clubs hundreds of pounds.
They had ruled that when non-League teams meet Football League or Premiership clubs in pre-season friendlies, they must engage officials qualified to take charge of League or Premiership matches and pay threm at the appropriate rate.
That could have pushed up the bill for officials for games from around £150 to more than £450 and a good deal more than that for Premiership officials.
But after protests from a number of non-League representatives, the FA's Referees Committee has issued new instructions.
They say match officials will still need to be at the level appropriate to the highest competing team but that clubs may continue to organise their own officials and arrange their own remuneration.
If the appointment is made by one of the appointing authorities, the match officials are, "in the absence of any other agreement", to be paid the fees and travelling expenses appropriate to the competition of the lower club competing in the match by the home side.
Old 07-07-2005, 00:20   #9
God Member

thank goodness for that! It was a stupid ruling

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..