Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 12:30   #1
God Member

Reserves Tonight

Will definately be there - I see Brett's playing for Preston, I don't think I'll even mind if he scores against us
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2006, 20:21   #2

Re: Reserves Tonight

Ashley's boys got beat 4-0 tonight. First half was very even, with Stanley carving some decent chances out, whilst Preston hit the woodwork. Second half and it seemed to be going Stanley's way when a penalty was awarded, somewhat harshly, for handball. Unfortunately, the PNE keeper will never have an easier save to make, as Stanley virtually passed the ball to him from the spot.

This galvanised PNE who then took the lead. They doubled their advantage from the spot, Ellliot unable to repeat his Blackpool heroics and going the wrong way. 2 more lapses allowed Preston 2 more goals, although to their credit Stanley never gave up. In particular a over-head kick from the number 10 came close to being a stunning consolation for the Reds.

All in all, a good work out for the lads. Though shooting practice may be required as shots on target were few and far between (mainly free-kicks).

PS: Brett got a standing ovation from a decent sized crowd. More late kick-offs please Stanley?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:59   #3
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Reserves Tonight

I agree Accy did not give up, disappointed with midfield put lot of pressure on the back 4 and the lack of shots we had on goal, impressed with the new signing Bains and No.7 had pace but felt was not utilised enough.
Although we lost it was good football, keep it up lads.
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14   #4
God Member

I was wrong - I did mind when Brett scored against us. One I could have forgiven him for but two, tut, tut Mr Ormerod
Old 09-11-2006, 09:17   #5
God Member

Old 09-11-2006, 16:53   #6
God Member

I think that we should break open the piggy bank and sign Brett in January. He has only made 6 sub appearances this season for PNE and scored 2 goals. Maybe he'd come and maybe he wouldn't, wonder what PNE are paying him to warm their bench?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:09   #7
God Member

Would be brilliant to get Brett back but I don't think we stand a chance although he did smile when I shouted to him on Wednesday that he should be wearing a red shirt I reckon the reason he's only been sub so far this season for Preston is because he's only just coming back from breaking his leg at the end of last season and he's not quite got his fitness back yet. But we can dream ......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..