Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2017, 11:37   #16
God Member

Re: Review on our pies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I am aware they offer a meal deal for a Fiver. I was unaware that away fans were not allowed to buy this deal. If this is true then it is a disgrace.
agree about away fans as the wham has a bit of a captive audiance. apart from the chippy on the main road thats about it unless you get there very early and walk into town. think the club could be missing out here.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2017, 11:43   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
You need to try the home made giant sausage roll's as well I live a couple a hundred yards from the shop
Bring a shedload with you tomorrow Mab, you could make a bob or two selling them on the away end by the sounds of it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:07   #18
God Member

As Chrisr said, it is pretty poor that away fans are treated shabbily as regards what's on offer and how much is charged.
I know it must be more difficult to judge how many there will be, but the club can't afford to put off those that do make the effort to visit the ground.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:21   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
As Chrisr said, it is pretty poor that away fans are treated shabbily as regards what's on offer and how much is charged.
I know it must be more difficult to judge how many there will be, but the club can't afford to put off those that do make the effort to visit the ground.
I was not aware of this, guess most people were not? its disgraceful to charge more for away fans as far as i'm concerned.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-03-2017, 13:11   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I was not aware of this, guess most people were not? its disgraceful to charge more for away fans as far as i'm concerned.
especially when storm dora bryan comes back and they,re stuck out in the open if they bring a few. need something to eat and drink at the same prices as we pay. i wonder if this puts any off coming as we need as many as possible for our finances.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 13:53   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
especially when storm dora bryan comes back and they,re stuck out in the open if they bring a few. need something to eat and drink at the same prices as we pay. i wonder if this puts any off coming as we need as many as possible for our finances.
on principal it would put me off,if i was an away fan and i was aware of this.
Old 03-03-2017, 17:56   #22
Senior Member+

Best Pies for me are from Porters Butchers in Chatburn. Especially the ones with a slice of Black Pudding under the lid!
Awesome with a bit of Mustard on the top!
No or any other kind of Offal anywhere in sight!

I agree that we need to cater much better for our visiting fellow football supporters.
It is time to put a roof on The Coppice End, improve the toilets and offer equality of service regarding pies etc!

Last edited by choirboy; 03-03-2017 at 17:59.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 18:49   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Never heard of D. T. Laws pies. Are there any purveyors of these comestibles in the town centre?
Perfect Plaice chippy on Union Road in Oswaldtwistle sells D.T. Laws pies
Old 03-03-2017, 19:14   #24
Super Moderator

Cheers, Neil, may have to make a detour there next time I'm up.
Old 03-03-2017, 19:25   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Cheers, Neil, may have to make a detour there next time I'm up.
I said that post 10, yeh do need me bins mate.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 03-03-2017, 20:16   #26
God Member

I think its a bit unfair to criticise the club (at this point) with regard to the differing fayre for home or away supporters.

The Clayton End was redeveloped last summer and the kiosks added. I believe main standers can access these kiosks, and these are club owned, and club run.

The away fans (at this point) have no such kiosks and are therefore provided for by outside caterers. I'm quite sure TPTB will assess the improved revenue on the home end and look to repeat the venture at tuther end asap. However, will the cost of an overall development be justified against an improved away revenue?

AH has said in the past that his priority is to improve facilities for home fans in the hope of increasing and retaining the fan base. Is it acceptable to forego that 'plan' in order to better feed our once a year interlopers? In an ideal world all developments go full steam ahead at the same time, but its not our money that we're trying to spend!
Old 03-03-2017, 20:42   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
AH has said in the past that his priority is to improve facilities for home fans in the hope of increasing and retaining the fan base.
Which is great & all power to the guy, but if the away fans are treated fairly & feel welcomed then they're more likely to return & also put down good money when visiting which also benefits the club in the long term.
Old 03-03-2017, 21:10   #28
God Member

Whilst thats possibly true Dave, the point is that he is trying to prioritise how and where his money is spent. Id rather a happy home supporter than a happy away supporter.

Slightly off topic, but relevant nonetheless, I wonder if we keep tabs on the average spend per person WITHIN the ground? It would make an interesting comparison between home and away fans. I personally never used yo bother eating, as I couldnt queue for beer AND food. Now I get a pie at half time.

Twas a good point raised earlier with regards to away fans not being able to spend money in the vicinity
Old 03-03-2017, 21:29   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Whilst thats possibly true Dave, the point is that he is trying to prioritise how and where his money is spent.
And that's a proper & sensible approach & it appears from our visit in Feb that things are moving along quite nicely from what we saw. As to average spend, since we normally only get across once a year we're lucky to get in 2 or if really lucky 3 games each time so 2 Adult walk ons 40 quid, a prowey 3 quid, a pie a piece at half time a 5er, then about 10quids worth of nic-naks from the club shop & a couple of quid in 50/50.

All told then about GBP 60 for us on a visit.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:28   #30

The fair thing to do is sell away fans pies at the same price they charge us?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..