Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2017, 11:09   #46
God Member

Re: Review on our pies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Hollands went downhill after the takeover. And when they discovered the best way to improve profit margins on the meat and potato pies was to not bother putting any meat in.

Make the shift to steak puddings. It'll change your life.
They're a bit messy to eat at football though, can't get your hand round it like you can with a pie
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2017, 13:37   #47
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1189333]Good memory there Monkey Hanger. To remember how things tasted decades on. I can still recall the taste of burnt rice pudding on a cub camp in Whitby circa 1972 but that's about it for me.

quite easy really as a lot of products including pies are now unavailable from when i was a kid. lots of smaller butchers who made em have gone out of business to be replaced by tasteless or over priced and over herbed specimens from supermarkets or deli,s. i lived in the midlands and east anglia for over 20 years and actually used to take pies back when i,d been up north. used to sell em also to other exiles as you couldn,t get anything in those places worth eating even if you could afford it. a pork pie with leek and apple, they just didn,t understand.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 13:45   #48

My parents kitchen window has a magnificent view of a field with the Hollands pie factory at the far end of the field.

I'm guessing it's only about 400 yards away and they tell me they live in a place called Rising Bridge.

Is that not where it is?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 14:30   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
My parents kitchen window has a magnificent view of a field with the Hollands pie factory at the far end of the field.

I'm guessing it's only about 400 yards away and they tell me they live in a place called Rising Bridge.

Is that not where it is?
Think its just outa rising bridge lord d, jen will know fer sure. she lives in Rising Bridge.
Old 07-03-2017, 17:38   #50
God Member

Think official address is Baxenden, Lord D but as somebody else put it's just a posh suburb of Accrington
cashman and Chrisr like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 17:49   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Think official address is Baxenden, Lord D but as somebody else put it's just a posh suburb of Accrington
It is just looked up fer curiosity s sake.
Old 07-03-2017, 19:04   #52

Excellent. Expectations of the size of my inheritance have just risen now I know their house is in the posh part. Does that put it on a par with London prices?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 19:08   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Excellent. Expectations of the size of my inheritance have just risen now I know their house is in the posh part. Does that put it on a par with London prices?
Oh worth well above London prices.due to the fact yeh aint living next to cockneys.
Old 07-03-2017, 19:37   #54
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
pies are really a personel thing. one mans meat or lack of it etc. found the pies i got as a kid bigger and more tasty than todays.
Until you've eaten a soggy NAAFI "Growler" out of the vendys, you're life experiences have been sadly lacking!
Old 07-03-2017, 21:37   #55
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Until you've eaten a soggy NAAFI "Growler" out of the vendys, you're life experiences have been sadly lacking!
Well who hasn't eaten a soggy growler
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:24   #56
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Well who hasn't eaten a soggy growler
There's definitely those out there as haven't participated in this somewhat dubious pleasure, in all probability preferring a soggy sossy roll.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:18   #57
Senior Member+

Amazed any of the food sold in the Clayton end is reccomended for human consumption

I will say the new caterer is a step up on the old one which sold out of date junk
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:05   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Amazed any of the food sold in the Clayton end is reccomended for human consumption
I will say the new caterer is a step up on the old one which sold out of date junk
Steady on old boy!
I thought catering in the Fanzone was now being run 'in-house' by the club?
The comestibles on offer are reasonably priced & freshly prepared.
They're certainly as good as anything being offered at other stadia & a damn sight cheaper.
Of course, no one is forced to purchase anything.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 19:02   #59
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
The comestibles on offer are reasonably priced & freshly prepared.
They're certainly as good as anything being offered at other stadia & a damn sight cheaper.
Think he might be pining for his regular portion of Jumbo Sossy of a Saturday afternoon ....... who knows?
Old 09-03-2017, 21:14   #60
Full Member+

I was fortunate enough to call into Ossy Mills and bought some Cissy Greens large pork pies at £1.65 each they had large beef ones as well at the same price. These are an excellent pie and would sell well anywhere. Perhaps the club could do a deal with wham to supply something like a plastic lunch box with the clubs logo on the lid with a pie and peas or beans and a plastic spoon inside at the match, They could then take the pack lunch box home and use for school lunch boxes or picnics. I am thinking a slightly different spin on a meal deal we could offer at a reasonable price. A small idea. I am not sure about doing an opposition team lunch box as well due to copyright perhaps. Worth a thought maybe?
KiTChener likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..