Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By pifco
  • 5 Post By Phil Whalley
  • 4 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 17:28   #1

RIP John Demaine

I heard today that John Demaine has died. He worked so hard as Director, Commercial manager etc for Stanley and will be sadly missed by all who knew him. He'll be looking down on us on Saturday.
On Stanley On.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2018, 19:15   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: RIP John Demaine

Aware he aint been able to attend for awhile, its a crying shame he won't be able to witness the result of this great season imho.R.I.P.
Old 12-04-2018, 20:19   #3
God Member

RIP John.

Many a good tribute paid to him on the memories page shows the kind of esteem he was held in
Old 12-04-2018, 20:31   #4
God Member

Such sad news, to my mind there's now only one person the new stand should be named after
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 20:34   #5
Full Member+

Another one of the nicer guys just left the planet, worked with John over 50 years ago at Black and White on Hyndburn Rd. My sincere condolences to all his family. R.I.P. J.D.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 23:08   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

RIP My condolences to his family and friends
Old 13-04-2018, 06:14   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Another one of the nicer guys just left the planet, worked with John over 50 years ago at Black and White on Hyndburn Rd. My sincere condolences to all his family. R.I.P. J.D.
Not a Stanley post ferret man, but what did Black and White produce?
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 07:47   #8
Full Member+

Sad to hear about John although he had been suffering for some time, but as it has already been said it's a great pity he hadn't lived to see this great season out. No doubt he will keep an eye on us from up yonder. R.I.P. John it was great knowing you.
cashman and choirboy like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 11:57   #9

My condolences also to John's family. I liked John's style, laconic and unflappable, and he was always very helpful. I remember when I was putting together the pictoral history and I was in his smoke-filled portacabin with Dave Hargreaves, having just received a rant from Eric, who thought I was trying to profit from the club's name. John looked at me with a kind of 'don't worry he does that to everyone' look, and I was leaving he gave me a wink and a supportive arm on the shoulder and said, "I'll sort it out, Phil, don't worry." And sure enough, we had a launch in the clubhouse and we sold plenty of copies in the shop. After that we always had a chat whenever our paths crossed. A genuinely nice chap and a terrific club servant.
AccyMad, cashman, mab and 2 others like this.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 14:09   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A great turnout this afternoon for Johns Funeral, hope it gives his family a bit of solace, in the high regard he was held in.
KiTChener, ossy kid, mab and 1 others like this.
Old 25-04-2018, 20:52   #11
Full Member+

A decent turn out and very good service
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 21:26   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A great turnout this afternoon for Johns Funeral, hope it gives his family a bit of solace, in the high regard he was held in.

Knew of John, rather than personally, would have been there today to show my respects, other than prior appointment regarding my late wife.

My condolences to family & friends.

Gerard
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..