Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 18:35   #1
Senior Member+

Rob Atkinson

Centre Back Rob Atkinson Signs Two Year Deal
He looked strong and very confident when with us last season
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2013, 18:51   #2
God Member

Re: Rob Atkinson

Welcome back Rob.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 21:55   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Top signing, no doubt about it.
Old 16-07-2013, 23:14   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Top signing, no doubt about it.
Seconded cashy Signing of the pre-season for me mho
Old 17-07-2013, 01:44   #5
Full Member+

Welcome back Rob.

What a corker of a signing.

We'll have one of the toughest defences in L2 next season. Proper steely characters who, if they all stay fit will be a very imposing unit this coming season.

Credit to all who made this move happen.....now without being pushy.....how about another keeper, a couple of wide midfielders and maybe a couple of strikers, maybe with experience who know where the net is?????

The last comment in that line is not meant to be detrimental to our up and coming young strikers (a.l.a. McCarten & Carver etc )

Just I remember all too painfully, our first two games back in the League, where Drew Broughton and the ageing relic Barry Conlon taught us a harsh lesson of the realities of playing in League Two. And all the subsequent lessons served to us by experienced forwards since.

If a certain F.J. is still fit and looking, maybe time to swallow a bit of pride......We could scour the Championship downwards and struggle to find a better fit.

If he played for rumoured to be not much more than expenses last season, why not swallow the pride and throw in a reasonable wage,offer to help him get coaching quals and an opportunity to set himself up when he hangs up the boots.

F.J. has class at this level, the trick is keeping him fit, but imagine the benefits of getting him back on board!!! If he stayed fit, I'm sure he'd be good for 20+ goals this season.

Back that up with coaching benefits.....Prolonged exposure for the young forwards to learn from two class players who played at the top.... i.e. gaffer and player, maybe player/coach???

What a selling point when it comes to drawing young talent to the door to sign on the dotted line???

Unless there is some great differences / rift between the gaffer and F.J.????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 11:52   #6
God Member

Brilliant addition to the squad; well done to all at the club who secured it.
Considering his impact since taking over, I'm more than happy to leave it up to Mr. Beattie as to who else is brought in. I don't think there's been a signing yet that hasn't made me feel more optimistic about a coming season. He's managed to secure some good promising young lads, keep some Stanley die-hards, and (re) introduce some good players.
And offering two year deals must be a sign of a changing attitude throughout the club; dare I change the habit of a lifetime and hope for more than 'just' league survival?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 12:16   #7
Senior Member+

Top signing and adds real competition for places.
Still scratching my head why he came to Acci !,considering he captained Fleetwood last year and our playing budget (or lack of it),he surely could have gone elsewhere.
Not complaining tho.
I normally pick a dark horse to be a success this season, and Carver is the one !!(hope i dont jinx him !!).
He ticks most of the boxes for me and just needs a good run and a bit of luck.
Aggresive/pacey/good finisher,add a little bit of experience and bingo !!!.
Playing/training with our defenders will surely improve his awareness and reduce his thinking time
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 12:18   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think wi some players,true not that many,its about being valued, football19?
Old 17-07-2013, 13:50   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think wi some players,true not that many,its about being valued, football19?
Younger lads maybe Cashy,but hes been on decent money and in his prime.
Just hope we dont go down the avenue of living above our means.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 14:27   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Younger lads maybe Cashy,but hes been on decent money and in his prime.
Just hope we dont go down the avenue of living above our means.
Somehow i doubt if that will be the case,proper people wi a bit of common,now have a say, I reckon a smaller squad perhaps will be the answer?
Old 17-07-2013, 14:55   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Somehow i doubt if that will be the case,proper people wi a bit of common,now have a say, I reckon a smaller squad perhaps will be the answer?
Gone - in one way or another - are Lindfield, Linganzi, Boco, Amond, Molyneux and Jeffers, plus the four who were released early doors

In have come Hunt, McCartan and Atkinson

No idea who was on how much, but 10 out and 3 in should leave us in the black overall on that deal, and perhaps with a bit left for a couple of strikers or three .........
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 15:18   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Gone - in one way or another - are Lindfield, Linganzi, Boco, Amond, Molyneux and Jeffers, plus the four who were released early doors

In have come Hunt, McCartan and Atkinson

No idea who was on how much, but 10 out and 3 in should leave us in the black overall on that deal, and perhaps with a bit left for a couple of strikers or three .........
could you tell me where Jeffers has gone too,
Old 17-07-2013, 15:28   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
could you tell me where Jeffers has gone too,
Nowhere as of yet still unattached i believe.
Old 17-07-2013, 19:31   #14
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=cashman;1067170]Nowhere as of yet still unattached i believe.[/QUOTE

Thanks cashy!!! Div3 is usually on the ball but not seen any Jeffers move
Old 17-07-2013, 20:47   #15
God Member

Is Jeffers returning a possibility? Is he worth it for us (I honestly have no idea how good he was for us last term)?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..