Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2013, 20:43   #211
Senior Member+

Re: Rob heys

Ok Ian.
Ok.

Does anyone know when the board of directors are meeting to go through the evidence they have requested from the FA?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2013, 20:58   #212
Senior Member+

Next week
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 22:15   #213
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
On the contrary, jaysay. I think everybody on here accepts it.

Some people are (seem) more happy about it than others and some have suggested some clemency but I haven't seen any posts to say Rob should be acquitted.
Doubt very much if any Stanley fan is happy about it, They would have to be a sandwich short of a picnic to be so. Its all a matter of the right thing to do now, Way i see it is some sponsors/possible backers could well be deterred by this new fiasco, so why "some" including you are suggesting some clemency is totally beyond my comprehension.
Wynonie Harris and jaysay like this.
Old 01-09-2013, 16:04   #214
bdc

Rob Heys officially resigns

ASFC News Story > 5604
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 16:09   #215

Farewell Rob.

Hope everything works out for you and we can find somebody who will serve the club as well as you did, be it sleeping in your office or personally liaising with supporters.

"Every saint has a past...every sinner has a future" - Oscar Wilde
cashman, Chimer, mab and 2 others like this.
Old 01-09-2013, 16:37   #216
Full Member+

A bad weekend for the club.

I hope he comes back in some capacity after a reduced ban (and Stanley are still a league club by then).
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 17:00   #217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can only concur wi Alvin. Twas the only sensible thing fer R.H. to do, Wish him well in the future.
Old 01-09-2013, 17:21   #218

Good luck Rob in whatever you decide to do.
DAV007 likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 18:39   #219
God Member

All the very best Rob. Thanks for all the 'time' you've given to me -truely appreciated. I sincerely wish you and your family all the best in health and happiness for the future.
A sad day.
mab likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05   #220
Full Member+

What a shame,a nice bloke who did a daft thing then loses his livelihood.
Shurm likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 18:30   #221

Fair play to Rob for putting this statement out.

Sheds a lot more light on the incident and the personal sacrifices he has made over the years.

Thanks Rob.

Robert Heys
DAV007 and ianray like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 19:19   #222

Sorry to hear his appeal was unsuccessful they have taken away someones livelihood with a family, even though he has not gained financially.

Hope he finds something soon and picks up the pieces.

All the best Rob
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 20:20   #223
God Member

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Rob Heys' story, FA must be the most apt acronym of any organisation in the country.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 21:27   #224
Resting in Peace

So the hypocrites of the FA have hung him out to dry without showing a shred of humanity. They have confirmed a punishment out of all proportion, and with seemingly no regard to precedent, or to the betting culture which it appears is rife in football from top to bottom. Only the little guys are made to suffer. It stinks.
KiTChener and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 22:04   #225
Senior Member+

While the FA may not care, when you consider the punishment and the financial standing of the person receiving the punishment, then Rob Heys must be the most harshly treated person to be dealt with by the FA.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what he did or didn't do, I do hope he gets himself sorted out with an income.

I began this thread asking the question why no one ever asked questions of Rob when the club performed badly of the pitch. It would appear once again, the full story was not made public and Rob did a lot more for the club than fans like myself knew or expected.
I take all those previous comments back; regardless of this gambling thing, Rob gave a lot to the club with little recognition.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..