Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 17:48   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rob heys

Short statement on fishy now. only coarse to take in my view.
Old 05-08-2013, 17:54   #32
Senior Member+

Surely there is no way back???

He isnt my best mate as a few on here know but I havent said anything damning for a long time.

In this case, surely its the end ?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 17:59   #33

Where to start with this one?

Rather than idly speculate about what has or hasn't happened, due process will be followed and the truth will out, so think we should let that happen. As I understand it, Rob has the right to respond to the charges by 9th August, so we'll see. However......

The real issue here for me is leadership. Leadership involves good judgement, so given our recent history with this type of thing, it's bordering on unforgivable for the CEO to put himself in a position where he's charged with these allegations, and ignorance of the fine detail of FA rules in this area is no defence as understanding FA rules is a fundamental part of his job.

Leadership also involves taking control, getting on the front foot and setting the tone. The story is on the FA website, on the BBC, on Sky the LET etc, with nothing at all on the club's website in terms of a statement. Checked the Stoke website as Cameron Jerome also charged today and there's a statement on there. If you don't say anything in situations like this, you create a gap and people will make up what they think should be in the gap. Not issuing a prompt statement lets others people take control and set the tone. Not good leadership.

I truly believe in innocent until proven guilty, but the accusation in this case for me is the last straw for Rob as CEO. The incidents over the years have been too frequent. He's a lovely bloke, however in my opinion out of his depth as CEO. He's a follower not a leader.

I'm not suggesting being CEO of Accrington Stanley is easy and I don't doubt that Rob genuinely has the good of the club at heart, but sometimes it's not enough and maybe, just maybe Rob and tinpot are too closely linked for another forward step.
smudgie, cashman, DAV007 and 1 others like this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:01   #34

Club statement appeared as I was typing my post!

Only course of action open to us has been taken
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:02   #35
Senior Member+

Agreed 100% Jag Red. Great post.

Apart from the statement bit... its now on the fishy
Old 05-08-2013, 18:02   #36
Senior Member+

Angry Re: Rob heys

Id be interested to know how they find out these things anyway, ( Quote: Sausage Butty ).

Just a theory ??.

(
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:08   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This subject is now dead to me, until whatever is to be!! Some big games coming up, don't need any distractions.
Old 05-08-2013, 18:12   #38
God Member

at least he has had his heart and soul in the club not like the lot we have been having at rangers . lets wait till the facts come out.
Old 05-08-2013, 18:14   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
And some of us appear to revel in someones apparent downfall........

Whatever happened to presumtion of innocence?

I get the impression Dav007 that you are somewhat rather enjoying this........sad, very sad.
That's a horrible thing to say.

I asked some legit questions as to why Rob Heys is untouchable in so many of this forum users eyes, and made a point about the previous betting scandal.
I also asked why they club where letting the other media outlets run with the story instead of putting out a response.

Nice to see they have put out a response.

And what a great way to prepare for a big cup match, but then again ,it will all be Ian Dunbavins fault, or John Colemans fault, or Sean McConvilles fault, etc.

Sorry for looking a little deeper.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:14   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Id be interested to know how they find out these things anyway, ( Quote: Sausage Butty ).

Just a theory ??.

(

If you follow Rob on twitter you would know he likes the odd bet, and doesn't mind telling everybody about it
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:16   #41

A very quick search on google and I found this.

http://www.sportsbettinggroup.org/do...%20Booklet.pdf

To be honest I would have thought all the rules are common sense: 'don't bet on your club', 'don't bet on competitions your club is involved in', 'don't get involved in match fixing'.....

If you really need to gamble, surely it isn't difficult to find something else to bet on. Anything else at all would do. Surely it's not worth your job??
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:18   #42

Re: Re: Rob heys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
A very quick search on google and I found this.

http://www.sportsbettinggroup.org/do...%20Booklet.pdf

To be honest I would have thought all the rules are common sense: 'don't bet on your club', 'don't bet on competitions your club is involved in', 'don't get involved in match fixing'.....

If you really need to gamble, surely it isn't difficult to find something else to bet on. Anything else at all would do. Surely it's not worth your job??
Sounds like a dumb cup bet or Acca
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:21   #43
Senior Member+

I see Satanage fans are having a dig on twitter.

I really do dispise that club !
Old 05-08-2013, 18:25   #44

Shame, feel sorry for him its not just the Club its a person maybe losing their livelihood and one they enjoy I would think.

After what has happened in the past you would think this would never happen again especially from a CEO ?
Jeg Red likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:26   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
i really do despair

there are no words.
rubbish
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..