Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 18:32   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Rob heys

I'm still waiting for the results of the club's "internal enquiry" into the last betting scandal.
What a shocking mess.
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2013, 18:40   #47
Resting in Peace

Rochdale forum:-

"Can't help but feel this sort of thing is rife at Accy, first the whole cav thing, now this. Also we have seen first hand that coleman didn't mind his players gambling and to an extent encouraged it."

No doubt Dav007 can put them right on that?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:43   #48
Senior Member+

Yeah
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:46   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Rochdale forum:-

"Can't help but feel this sort of thing is rife at Accy, first the whole cav thing, now this. Also we have seen first hand that coleman didn't mind his players gambling and to an extent encouraged it."

No doubt Dav007 can put them right on that?
I will give you 5/4 it's a load of rubbish
Redraine, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 19:17   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
That's a horrible thing to say.

I asked some legit questions as to why Rob Heys is untouchable in so many of this forum users eyes, and made a point about the previous betting scandal.
I also asked why they club where letting the other media outlets run with the story instead of putting out a response.

Nice to see they have put out a response.

And what a great way to prepare for a big cup match, but then again ,it will all be Ian Dunbavins fault, or John Colemans fault, or Sean McConvilles fault, etc.

Sorry for looking a little deeper.
Sounds like DAV007 has got something right at long last!!!
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:40   #51
bdc

Personally I think RH is ok but he does need to brush up on some things, that said I think we should reserve judgement on this case until all the facts have been established. There is no point in prejudging something that we don't know all the details about.

It could well be a simple error on his part or a failure to follow protocol, either way it could have a massive impact on his career, therefore I have nothing else to say on it as I don't think it is appropriate for us to cast judgement on this as we don't know all the facts.
DAV007 likes this.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:10   #52

He's admitted the charge but asked for a personal hearing and has withdrawn from all club duties until the regulatory committee delivers its findings according to the BBC website
xavtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:13   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavtia View Post
He's admitted the charge but asked for a personal hearing and has withdrawn from all club duties until the regulatory committee delivers its findings according to the BBC website
And also according to the club website.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 00:53   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavtia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And also according to the club website.

I think it's important to point out that the wording on the Stanley website is that he has accepted the charge - not admitted it.
cashman likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:20   #55
God Member

Emphasis firmly on those lads on the pitch
cashman and Revived Red like this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13   #56

Another dark cloud hanging over us but we are used to it. Lets get behind James and the boys.
cashman, Revived Red and Greeny like this.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:25   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think it's important to point out that the wording on the Stanley website is that he has accepted the charge - not admitted it.
Agreed - a careful choice of words. But the BBC now states "Cameron Jerome and Robert Heys admit betting offences". We all know that the BBC and accuracy do not sit happily together, but that is a dangerous thing to say if not correct.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Apart from the indication given on the BBC web, Macca, "accepted" in that context invariably means "admitted", rather than just "received". Were he just agreeing that he'd received the formal notification of the charges you can be sure the statement would have made that clear.

Now we wait for the hearing and the rest of the story; wild speculation, or "kangeroo court judgement" helps no-one
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:23   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Lets get behind James and the boys.
Amen to that!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 13:14   #60

I was only quoting the wording on the BBC website.
xavtia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..