Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2016, 09:00   #16
God Member

Re: Rob Heys

never met the new MD or rob though ive obviously seen him about. seems to me on the sacking and season ticket issues he seems to be upsetting a lot of fans. we need to increase our gates and not p off our present fans. a meet the new MD at out next supporters meeting would be a good idea to see what his plan really is.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2016, 12:39   #17
God Member

Well Andy Holt has just tweeted that Hyndurn Council has agreed a new 50 year lease on the ground enabling football foundation grants of £660,000 thus allowing £1.32 million ground improvements which is fantastic news also end of year accounts for 2015 show a loss of £336,000+ loss plus over £200,000+ loss for 2014 so I personally thank Andy for getting involved also I,ve met Andy a few times now and even had a chat over a beer and he come,s across to me as a really pleasant person as for the new MD I can,t comment because I,ve yet to meet him.
Redraine, DAV007 and Gremlin like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 12:45   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh dont have to meet anyone to make yer mind up, Actions have always spoke louder than words.
smudgie, KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
Old 22-02-2016, 13:48   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well Andy Holt has just tweeted that Hyndurn Council has agreed a new 50 year lease on the ground enabling football foundation grants of £660,000 thus allowing £1.32 million ground improvements which is fantastic news also end of year accounts for 2015 show a loss of £336,000+ loss plus over £200,000+ loss for 2014 so I personally thank Andy for getting involved also I,ve met Andy a few times now and even had a chat over a beer and he come,s across to me as a really pleasant person as for the new MD I can,t comment because I,ve yet to meet him.

Great news the club seems to be moving onwards and upwards.

I'm sure most of us would weigh up £1.32m going into the infrastructure outweighing season tickets being paid for cover two installments.

I know Widnes had this debate over installments and when it was done through the bank the set up costs and fee's added a fair bit to the season ticket cost.

In regards to Rob Heys was it this administration that brought him back into the club?
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 14:15   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post

In regards to Rob Heys was it this administration that brought him back into the club?
I believe that Rob has been working at the club since his ban finished last April, albeit, for the most part, unpaid.
If this is correct, I, for one, feel he has been most badly treated by the new regime, whether it be our owner, or his puppet, whoever pulled the trigger.

I understand, from personal experience, that an employee has to have been
employed for a certain length of time before the employer can terminate their employment without giving notice.

For Rob to having been told to clear his desk immediately, does not make me feel good about the way our club is going, despite the apparant 'transparency' alluded to in another thread.
cashman and ferret man like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 14:49   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
One of many behind the scene departures hopefully !

Great to see Andy getting the mess sorted out once for all
Seems like you are the man ' in the know' let's meet up and have a pint, before either of the next two home games.

Oh, I almost forgot, are you not the guy who refuses to show your presence at the Crown/Wham whilst Coley is still here?
Old 22-02-2016, 15:36   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Seems like you are the man ' in the know' let's meet up and have a pint, before either of the next two home games.

Oh, I almost forgot, are you not the guy who refuses to show your presence at the Crown/Wham whilst Coley is still here?

Never said I was the man in the know did I???

Whether I attend home games or not, is nothing to do with you.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 17:54   #23
God Member

Whilst I cant pretend its a good thing that Rob has left the club, I know nothing at all surrounding the circumstances of his departure. Without such knowedge I couldnt possibly condemn Burgess for his role. The club has long needed some 'tough love' and this may well be what Burgess's job description is to deliver.

IIRC Rob's appointment was temporary was it not?

Anyroad, thanks once again Rob for all your efforts over the years. By the way, should you be offered a third term then you'll be up there with Messrs Craney, Boco et al :-)
Old 22-02-2016, 20:01   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Never said I was the man in the know did I???

Whether I attend home games or not, is nothing to do with you.
Cheers, anyway, look forward to meeting up sometime soon... Or maybe not... up to you mate!
Old 22-02-2016, 20:22   #25
Full Member+

I think Rob's interim role was negated by appointing the new MD. Rob put his heart and soul into it, and was very hands-on e.g. selling season tickets himself after hours and asking fans questions in an informal marketing research way. If you are MD or CE of a small club you end up doing several job roles for no extra reward. Rob seemed a good fit as a fan on the operations side of the club, as you would have to be in order to be so dedicated.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 09:21   #26
God Member

lets hope we don,t end up like some clubs who,s fans are more absorbed in off the field issues than on the field ones. my lad supports stockport county and for a couple of years that,s all he seems to go on about. they employed a new CE and he started by ridding the club of fans who did a good job for the club and getting his fingers on everything including player and manager recruitment if they were not in his big plan. in the end he left before any more trouble was happening. all he gave them was grief and relagation. he had no previos football league experience but where have we heard this recently. personally I,m really worried as lightning can strike twice.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 14:25   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
GUTTED-absolutely gutted for Rob.I may never have been anywhere near your fine town in my life, but I know for a fact how much passion and love for the club that man has. Keeping the ''wolves from the door' is never an easy thing in any business, but to do it for a footy club with a profile is nothing short of a miracle. It would be easier to juggle eggs.
I really wish him and his family well.
Rob Heyes has RED blood because he is STANLEY through and through, like many of us owd die hards!
Yes, we could argue about his 'imperfections' but he was always on the side of the fans because, being a committed fan himself, he has empathy with us all.
A sad loss, so good luck Rob and I hope that things work out for you.

"Progress!........I presume?!
AccyMad, KiTChener and cashman like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:21   #28
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

11l11/2015 Rob was appointed intrim CE....Former managing director returns to Accrington Stanley - Accrington Observer
Old 10-05-2016, 15:25   #29

New General Manager at Macclesfield Town - Good Luck Rob.

Football Club Appoint New General Manager
KiTChener likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 16:08   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
New General Manager at Macclesfield Town - Good Luck Rob.

Football Club Appoint New General Manager
Hear Hear!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..