Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2016, 17:13   #1
Full Member+

Rob Heys

Rob has tweeted a picture of an empty desk with the message: "Desk cleared, another chapter begins. Not sure where yet, but that's what makes life fun. On Stanley on. #believe" followed by a lot of good luck messages from various people. Does anyone know what the situation is here and why he's off?

Good luck Rob.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2016, 17:15   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rob Heys

I heard our wonderful new MD sacked him on Friday.? wish him all the best.
Old 21-02-2016, 17:21   #3
Full Member+

Our new MD will upset one or two to many yet. he is arrogant, high handed and bit of a bully. He is not what Stanley need. It will be interesting to see if anybody fills Rob's post and if so who it will be??????
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 17:46   #4
Senior Member+

I await with interest the official announcement. Maybe next week?
Kiwi John and yonmon like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 18:41   #5
Senior Member+

One of many behind the scene departures hopefully !

Great to see Andy getting the mess sorted out once for all
DAV007 and Mr Matthew like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 19:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
One of many behind the scene departures hopefully !

Great to see Andy getting the mess sorted out once for all
Jesus wept!! - shakes head. That's all
Red-Osbornello and ianray like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 19:22   #7
Senior Member+

Shake your head all you like.

The off the field operation at the club has been a shambles for 10 years, hopefully now we have some light at the end of tunnel.

Well done Mr Holt !
DAV007 and Mr Matthew like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 19:38   #8

Quote:

The off the field operation at the club has been a shambles for 10 years, hopefully now we have some light at the end of tunnel.

Well done Mr Holt !
I've yet to meet many who agree about the new operation. Thank god we are doing well because otherwise we could be in trouble.

Do you really think we are going to attract thousands of new fans under this regime? Even if we get promoted we don't have the infrastructure and fan base to support a struggling league 1 club. Bigger clubs have tried and failed - see Darlington, Stockport, Halifax, Chester etc.

So far Andy Holt has paid off debt to people who probably would never have called it in and more than likely cost very little to service. We now have Dave Burgess who seems to be doing his best to **** off the fans we do have. Plus the actions of Holt during the Rangers saga acting like a spoiled child just because the rules went against us was an embarrassment. Yes the rules were correct but Stanley are skint so they shouldn't apply to us. I don't doubt he means well but he is acting like the club is his toy not a legacy from those who went before.

Be careful what you wish for because it might not turn out the way you want.
Old 21-02-2016, 20:50   #9
God Member

I don't why Rob Heys has left/been sacked, and only wish him well in finding another job, but, if I recall right, his appointment a few months ago was billed as "temporary". His departure, sad as it may be to him and others, ought not to come as that big a surprise. Thanks to him for his efforts and good luck for the future.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 20:50   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Do you really think we are going to attract thousands of new fans under this regime?
How many have we attracted under previous regimes?

Quote:
Even if we get promoted we don't have the infrastructure and fan base to support a struggling league 1 club.
Maybe, just maybe, we are moving towards getting that infrastructure.

Quote:
So far Andy Holt has paid off debt to people who probably would never have called it in and more than likely cost very little to service.
Have you seen the accounts for recent years? It is clear that the club has survived thanks to loans made by the directors. Would you expect them to go on making those loans?

Quote:
We now have Dave Burgess who seems to be doing his best to **** off the fans we do have.
I cannot comment on Dave Burgess. As far as I know, he has made no public pronouncements.

Quote:
I don't doubt he means well but he is acting like the club is his toy not a legacy from those who went before.
That is a dangerous statement. I think you may be forgetting certain "issues".

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for because it might not turn out the way you want.
Surely we all wish for the continued survival of Accrington Stanley - and hopefully its progress as a football club and as a business. I assume that Andy Holt has the same wish.
Old 21-02-2016, 21:07   #11
Full Member+

Quote:

Well done Mr Holt !
I would look to a few facts, over the last 10 years the reason the club has not been run as professionally as we would have liked, However most were volunteers who didn't get paid a penny and worked dammed hard to keep the club afloat. we know there needs to be a more professional touch to the club management, The people who have been doing the job were the best people to ask where it needed help. Andy had good intentions but his knowledge of the football business is limited. I am afraid the newly appointed MD may look a good candidate on paper the proof of the pudding is in the eating. He seems to be getting rid of anybody who knows anything about the club and as yet not replacing them. I do hope the vacancies will be advertised and a proper interview setting will take place. If we were to offer training to office staff we would have a knowledge based workforce.
I have no confidence in the MD in the manner he has dealt with me over the disabled concession issue, I am aware other people are less than happy. He seems to have Andy in his pocket at the moment I just hope Andy wakes up soon. At the moment the team is making history on the pitch thanks to Andy's investment. I just hope the unnecessary nonsense off the pitch won't spoil any of this. I will back the team to the end, But I am sure not going next season under this MD.
cashman and ianray like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 21:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
How many have we attracted under previous regimes?

That's my point - no one has managed to attract thousands of fans but at least they tried to hold on to the ones we have.

Maybe, just maybe, we are moving towards getting that infrastructure.

At whatcost and can we sustain it?

Have you seen the accounts for recent years? It is clear that the club has survived thanks to loans made by the directors. Would you expect them to go on making those loans?

Where is the money going to come from. Andy Holt has said he won't fund players and will he keep funding the losses personally? If he does then what happens when he stops or runs out of money?

I cannot comment on Dave Burgess. As far as I know, he has made no public pronouncements.

I've met him and talked to him, so has Chrisr

That is a dangerous statement. I think you may be forgetting certain "issues".

Which issues? My comments are based on personal experience not anybody else.

Surely we all wish for the continued survival of Accrington Stanley - and hopefully its progress as a football club and as a business. I assume that Andy Holt has the same wish.

I agree and hope so too but fans care about football clubs not businesses. Football clubs are nothing without fans and no business can survive without "customers"
I am hearing more rumblings of discontent off field in recent weeks and something has to be done about it especially if we don't get promotion because that is the feel good factor we are riding on for now.
Old 21-02-2016, 21:26   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Sad to learn of Robs departure like others have said Stanley through n through, hope to see Rob at the home games still which I'm sure I will. Good luck Rob..
MikeA, DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-02-2016, 23:22   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
I am hearing more rumblings of discontent off field in recent weeks and something has to be done about it especially if we don't get promotion because that is the feel good factor we are riding on for now.
Were there not "rumblings of discontent" during earlier regimes? There are always rumblings of discontent in any organisation. And as a balance, I should add that I hear rumblings of content. Obviously we listen to different people.

I am amazed that you ask "Which issues?". It's a racing certainty that you'll remember some of them if you try.

You say that "football clubs are nothing without fans". Actually they are nothing if they fail as a business. Have you forgotten 2009 already? HMRC and other debtors don't care about the fans. We would have had no football club, no ASFC, had not a certain Ilyas Khan saved us on that day in court.
smudgie, yonmon and choirboy like this.
Old 22-02-2016, 03:15   #15
God Member

GUTTED-absolutely gutted for Rob.I may never have been anywhere near your fine town in my life, but I know for a fact how much passion and love for the club that man has. Keeping the ''wolves from the door' is never an easy thing in any business, but to do it for a footy club with a profile is nothing short of a miracle. It would be easier to juggle eggs.
I really wish him and his family well.
choirboy and ianray like this.

Last edited by Kiwi John; 22-02-2016 at 03:18.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..