Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 08:46   #16
God Member

Re: Rob Heys on lancs radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Their the directors , board etc! If your not going to fund a business why be billy big bollocks and take over it?
Didn't they bail it out ?
Old 14-03-2013, 08:48   #17
Senior Member+

Didnt they take it over after a certain someone bailed it out.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:01   #18
God Member

Quote:
Didnt they take it over after a certain someone bailed it out.
It's nothing like the big boys where they throw money at it. It's evolved that they currently have custody of how the club runs. Peter Marsden was part of the intial rescue bid with Ilyas wasn't he ?

Many of the directors have been appointed not just because they have put money in but they have a level of expertise to add. They certainly haven't done a Roman and 'bought' the club. I don't think the clubs rules allow them to do that anyway.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:10   #19
Senior Member+

'Level and Expertise' and 'Custody Of The Club Runs' dont really mix with players and staff not getting paid.

Looks like they have lots of 'Expertise'.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:15   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
1. I havent got a clue? So your saying you do. Love to see your facts and figures on the clubs takings! Main account now?

2. My post was saying how its a job! Not critisising them! Id totally understand if they jumped ship! I would! Its a job and there not getting paid! Thats why i was saying how can we expect perofrmances on them when most wont be able to afford the petrol to actually come to training!
You don't have to be a genius to work out that the money coming in doesn't cover the money going out on gates of 1200, would think there are 30+ on the wage bill and players and management won't be on £100 a week, not forgetting tax and insurance, that's national insurance, plus players insurance, ground maintenance etc. have all got to be paid for. I can't see the weekly draw adding too much to the kitty although every little helps. There is no doubting times are very difficult for Stanley at the moment, but now ain't the time to criticise directors players or staff its all hands to the pump, together we stand divided we fall is maybe a good adage to remember
MikeA likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:20   #21

That six-figure stadium and shirt sponsorship didn't last long eh?
Dazzagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:25   #22
Member.

I view of the commitment to openness and transparency I sure the club will come forward and clear things up promptly.

The club is owned by the fans is it not; or at least those who bought shares and there's a fan on the board so all should be well at the end of the day.

I assume that the "Store First" money will resolve the sort term issues; biggest deal in Stanley's history, also being over three years should build in some fall back when times get hard. Wouldn't the Crown make a decent StoreFirst Complex if we did go under? Frightening thought.

I think we need to concentrate on the field of play and let the Directors do their job, after all what happens at Stanley would have a negative effect on their own businesses so I sure things will be fine, and there's not been any CCJ for months now. Keep the faith.
cashman likes this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzagee View Post
That six-figure stadium and shirt sponsorship didn't last long eh?
I doubt you will find any business that pays up front for those sponsorship deals.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:33   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I view of the commitment to openness and transparency I sure the club will come forward and clear things up promptly.

The club is owned by the fans is it not; or at least those who bought shares and there's a fan on the board so all should be well at the end of the day.

I assume that the "Store First" money will resolve the sort term issues; biggest deal in Stanley's history, also being over three years should build in some fall back when times get hard. Wouldn't the Crown make a decent StoreFirst Complex if we did go under? Frightening thought.

I think we need to concentrate on the field of play and let the Directors do their job, after all what happens at Stanley would have a negative effect on their own businesses so I sure things will be fine, and there's not been any CCJ for months now. Keep the faith.
Talking sense Doug
Old 14-03-2013, 09:54   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The Financial crap is beyond our control, trying to lift the lads aint.
yonmon and smobile like this.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:55   #26
Senior Member+

A MARCH CAROL ??.

Spotted and overheard in the overworked Finance office at The Store First Stadium as one of it's Fiscal Wizards questions the CEO on the wisdom of signing and financing geriatric International Strikers..!!

"It seems Cratchit that just when we thought we were making ends meet...someone has gone and moved the ends again !!"..

" Would that be The Clayton or The Coppice End Sir ?"

( Financial Wizard despairs once again and sighs accordingly !!).

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:55   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I see the cockroaches are coming out of the woodwork!
well you have to be able to take it if you dish it out
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:05   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The Financial crap is beyond our control, trying to lift the lads aint.
Auld head talking sense
Old 14-03-2013, 10:05   #29
Member.

Just read the LET article, it's a cash flow blip. (had a few of them myself in recent months) The only resolve is to get the money in from all that owe the club and for us the get on the Crown come the home games. Sound good coming from me; but I will try and get over for a couple of them

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 11:47   #30
Senior Member+

I really do despair :-(

I spend my hard earned cash on following this club home and away, and seeing news like this makes me want to give up :-(
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..