Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 12:01   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Rob Heys on lancs radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I really do despair :-(

I spend my hard earned cash on following this club home and away, and seeing news like this makes me want to give up :-(
Give over, Smudgie! Lots of bigger clubs are constantly in financial trouble, with Coventry, Portsmouth and also Rovers being close to administration, if rumours are correct. Never mind the fact that most of the big boys are financed by unsustainable debt, and only propped up by the ridiculous Sky TV money which they squander on players' salary levels that are almost immoral. How Stanley continue to survive is miraculous. Would you like to put your house up as collateral to keep us going, as Rob Heys apparently had to do a few years back?
Keep the faith, mate.
Doug, cashman, Revived Red and 2 others like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2013, 12:04   #32
Senior Member+

Where does Eric Whalley come into all this ? Is he still attached to acci?
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 12:12   #33
God Member

don't be starting those rumours off!!!!!

unless you know something ...
Doug and fc:stanley like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 12:21   #34
Senior Member+

Do a lot of business in Blackburn and burnley and his name cropped up, some interesting tales !,
Old 14-03-2013, 13:03   #35
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
don't be starting those rumours off!!!!!

unless you know something ...

Is Eric Back; Hope he's got some more Money . I bet he wouldn't pay these buffers wi' washers.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 13:16   #36

Only a few weeks ago Rob Heys said no problems we get ONE MILLION POUNDS from other sources
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 13:22   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Where does Eric Whalley come into all this ? Is he still attached to acci?
God Forbid!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:03   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I really do despair :-(

I spend my hard earned cash on following this club home and away, and seeing news like this makes me want to give up :-(
NEVER EVER think of giving up Smudgie! Stanley did that once in the sixties and once is enough. ON STANLEY ON.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:05   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
where does eric whalley come into all this ? Is he still attached to acci?
Eric who????
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:44   #40
Senior Member+

Dont mention that scoundrel's name in here!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 15:13   #41
Senior Member+

I Know it generates a lot of bad feeling,but can anybody answer the question??.
I havent got a clue myself,and cant be bothered reading the past posts!!.
Funny his name cropped up after all this time,then again it may be old gossip/tales
Old 14-03-2013, 17:15   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Give over, Smudgie! Lots of bigger clubs are constantly in financial trouble, with Coventry, Portsmouth and also Rovers being close to administration, if rumours are correct. Never mind the fact that most of the big boys are financed by unsustainable debt, and only propped up by the ridiculous Sky TV money which they squander on players' salary levels that are almost immoral. How Stanley continue to survive is miraculous. Would you like to put your house up as collateral to keep us going, as Rob Heys apparently had to do a few years back?
Keep the faith, mate.
Man U are over £650 Million in the red, Rovers are nowhere near administration, they just have useless owners who should just sod of back to India
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 17:40   #43

The way Rob talked had too many echoes of a couple of years ago when the public protestations were far removed from what was really going on. We were kept in the dark then and, given the way the clubs' leadership behaved at that time ( and some of the same people as still there in prominent positions) no one can blame the fans for thinking there may be something more sinister.

It's also being reported on the BBC news and website, so once again our club is making headlines for the wrong reasons, and I doubt anybody stopped to think about how to handle this from a Google Page Ranking perspective at this critical stage in the season.

It's all adding to my rapidly decreasing confidence that the current board are competent to run our club effectively. I appreciate its an extremely difficult task but as different people have been appointed, we've been led to believe it was to bring their expertise and experience to the running of the club, which on present form doesn't look like its working too well.
KiTChener likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 17:57   #44
Senior Member+

all the more reason to get in coleman and bell.

the last time this happened they used the circumstances to motivate the players.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:01   #45

The way Rob talked had too many echoes of a couple of years ago when the public protestations were far removed from what was really going on. We were kept in the dark then and, given the way the club's leadership behaved at that time ( and some of the same people as still there in prominent positions) no one can blame the fans for thinking there may be something more sinister this time.

It's also being reported on the BBC news and website, so once again our club is making headlines for the wrong reasons, and I doubt anybody stopped to think about how to handle this from a Google Page Ranking perspective at this critical stage in the season.

It's all adding to my rapidly decreasing confidence that the current board are competent to run our club effectively. I appreciate its an extremely difficult task but as different people have been appointed, we've been led to believe it was to bring their expertise and experience to the running of the club, which on present form doesn't look like its working too well.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..