Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 18:12   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rob Heys on lancs radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I really do despair :-(

I spend my hard earned cash on following this club home and away, and seeing news like this makes me want to give up :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
all the more reason to get in coleman and bell.

the last time this happened they used the circumstances to motivate the players.
Yeh mean like they motivated Rochdale. Give it a rest.
Old 14-03-2013, 18:21   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh mean like they motivated Rochdale. Give it a rest.
Fact

the previous occasions when the players where not paid, JC and JB used circumstance to motivate the players.

Sorry for quoting facts.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:22   #48
Member.

Maybe we're been a little harsh on Rob for his statement, it's the balance of the thing at the end of the day and again few of us know the whole facts behind the cash flow comments. We have asked for and even demanded; me certainly, that there should be openness and, that word we all love; Transparency.

Today we got it and some of us went into that dark place of the past. What is Transparency anyway and how much of it is good for us. Did Rob do anything wrong, was there inside knowledge of a leak that would have caused us more concern. Maybe we need to have an open and frank discussion on what's in our own best interests as supporters and what's in the best interest of the club.

If we where in the mire I'd want to know, and know what was being done to elevate the situation; if we have a cash flow problem surly that should remain an internal management issue and out of the public/supporters domain.

How do we balance these matters, what is in our best interests.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:24   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Fact

the previous occasions when the players where not paid, JC and JB used circumstance to motivate the players.

Sorry for quoting facts.
The fact is they won't be coming back, so break the record
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:26   #50
Senior Member+

Its not a record, its my opinion.
You are welcome to your opinion.

If we lose to Barnet, what will your latest excuse be for Leam's management?
The pressure we now face going into these games being bottom of the league i huge.
And its because under Leam, the board have allowed us to sleep walk into the relegation zone.
Old 14-03-2013, 18:26   #51
Member.

Quote:
Fact

Sorry for quoting facts.

I would love to see a team like Coley and Jimmy again; but their being here would not have made the slightest difference to this issue; if anything it would push them further away from us as a club. This is not about managers on the field.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-03-2013, 18:27   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I would love to see a team like Coley and Jimmy again; but their being here would not have made the slightest difference to this issue; if anything it would push them further away from us as a club. This is not about managers on the field.

fair point doug.

how do I withdraw my comments?
Old 14-03-2013, 18:29   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
The fact is they won't be coming back, so break the record
If you can guarantee that I'll press Like.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:31   #54

This month for the very first time under my chairmanship the players' wages were not paid on time.

This is deeply embarrassing for me and the Board. Like most businesses we experience cashflow peaks and troughs. We hit one of those troughs. I am pleased to advise that the players' wages have now been brought almost up to date and by tomorrow (i.e before Saturday's home game with Barnet) will be fully up to date.

The Board are putting in place initiatives to ensure that we will be able to meet players' wages from now until the end of the season.

Please would the town get behind Leam and the boys and roar us on to 3 points on Saturday. It is vital we stay in the League. Many people have worked long and hard to get us back to where we belong - as a Football League club - we can't and won't fail them now.

We realise that everyone is feeling the pinch in the tough economic climate but come on Accrington let's fill the ground.

WE ALL HAVE A PART TO PLAY

On Stanley On.

Peter Marsden
Chairman
Accrington Stanley Football Club
MikeA, KiTChener and Div3North like this.
Old 14-03-2013, 18:31   #55

This month for the very first time under my chairmanship the players' wages were not paid on time.

This is deeply embarrassing for me and the Board. Like most businesses we experience cashflow peaks and troughs. We hit one of those troughs. I am pleased to advise that the players' wages have now been brought almost up to date and by tomorrow (i.e before Saturday's home game with Barnet) will be fully up to date.

The Board are putting in place initiatives to ensure that we will be able to meet players' wages from now until the end of the season.

Please would the town get behind Leam and the boys and roar us on to 3 points on Saturday. It is vital we stay in the League. Many people have worked long and hard to get us back to where we belong - as a Football League club - we can't and won't fail them now.

We realise that everyone is feeling the pinch in the tough economic climate but come on Accrington let's fill the ground.

WE ALL HAVE A PART TO PLAY

On Stanley On.

Peter Marsden
Chairman
Accrington Stanley Football Club
Old 14-03-2013, 18:32   #56
Member.

Quote:
fair point doug.

how do I withdraw my comments?
You don't, Stand by them or keep them on record and explain how you feel. We all have our own views and have all said things that we didn't mean, understand or where misinterpreted; these are the things that make us Stanley; Passion. If you have it and believe it, say it. We're adults; most of us are old men. This is good for us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-03-2013, 18:43   #57

Quote:

If we lose to Barnet, what will your latest excuse be for Leam's management?
The pressure we now face going into these games being bottom of the league i huge.
And its because under Leam, the board have allowed us to sleep walk into the relegation zone.
Dav, do please stop it....
You're negativity is not helping...
Accept the FACT that, at this stage, we are NOT going to change the management...
IF, next season, we are in BSQ 1, so be it...are you going to stop supporting us?
Not me!

See you Saturday... although I may not recognise you!!
The only way is up!
Gerard
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:49   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
See you Saturday... although I may not recognise you!!
If DAV007 and his hangers-on really had the courage of their convictions, they would be standing outside the main entrance on Saturday carrying placards and banners proclaiming "Richardson out".
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:51   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:

If we lose to Barnet, what will your latest excuse be for Liam's management?
I actually think you want Stanley to get beaten on Saturday so you can carry on with your whining, you hadn't a lot to say when the picked 4 points up against Rochdale and Torque, must have dented your cause somewhat, but at least it shut you up
AccyMad likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 18:53   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Maybe we're been a little harsh on Rob for his statement, it's the balance of the thing at the end of the day and again few of us know the whole facts behind the cash flow comments. We have asked for and even demanded; me certainly, that there should be openness and, that word we all love; Transparency.

Today we got it and some of us went into that dark place of the past. What is Transparency anyway and how much of it is good for us. Did Rob do anything wrong, was there inside knowledge of a leak that would have caused us more concern. Maybe we need to have an open and frank discussion on what's in our own best interests as supporters and what's in the best interest of the club.

If we where in the mire I'd want to know, and know what was being done to elevate the situation; if we have a cash flow problem surly that should remain an internal management issue and out of the public/supporters domain.

How do we balance these matters, what is in our best interests.

Douglas, great post. I agree it's all about balance and at times, it's difficult and awkward. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't!

If a smallish company of about 45 employees with an annual turnover of about £1.5M and an irregular phased income stream through only 5 sources of income didn't pay some of its wages in March, but promised it was a temporary cash flow issue that would be resolved in the month, then not too many people, save for those directly involved, would bat an eyelid. Because its a football club, and our football club, loads of people are interested and its a nationally and internationally reported story.
KiTChener likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..