Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2013, 19:21   #1
Senior Member+

Rob Heys on lancs radio

Saying the players + staff haven't been paid this month and the financial problems are due the low gates but also some circumstances which he couldn't discuss yet which was the main reason...
Old 13-03-2013, 22:15   #2
God Member

Re: Rob Heys on lancs radio

i suppose that would explain the lack of effort then!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 22:27   #3
Full Member+

Does that mean we are going out with a bang? (again)
Old 14-03-2013, 00:57   #4
God Member

lets go bust then we don't get relegated! I wonder what the league would look like with our records expunged ...
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 07:16   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i suppose that would explain the lack of effort then!
Maybe, but remember the games played during our last financial crisis, there was no lack of effort from the team then - in fact just the opposite, particularly away at Rochdale in what could very well have been our last game - then again it was mostly a different set of players at that time, maybe some of the ones we have now are a different breed
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 07:38   #6
Senior Member+

Sounds fairly ominous. Hope it's not another SOS case, as I can't see quite the same response this time.
Old 14-03-2013, 08:09   #7
Resting in Peace

That doesn't sound very good at all, I remember the 60s, don't want that again
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:12   #8
Senior Member+

Here we go again! What happened to the money from transfers and also compo from managers departing? With this, gate money and also finances from the football league given to us also including fa cup money and not forgetting little staff at the club how are we not paying the players their extremely low wages?

What a shambles again! No wonder the players dont look hyped up for the matches. There probably already thinking of their next club they are going to, to actually get a wage to feed their families!

Marsden get your finger out! Or all these other directors we never hear of!

We should make this season into a drama series.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:14   #9
Full Member+

If you guys don't improve there's rumours that when we come in April we will have a banner. Do you remember that one that you put up when we came in 2005/2006 ?
"M.F.C. forever non-league" I think it was !!
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:26   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
If you guys don't improve there's rumours that when we come in April we will have a banner. Do you remember that one that you put up when we came in 2005/2006 ?
I see the cockroaches are coming out of the woodwork!
Dazzagee likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:37   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post

I'm 100% certain they would welcome you with open arms if you took along a cheque to replace their money with yours
Old 14-03-2013, 08:40   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Here we go again! What happened to the money from transfers and also compo from managers departing? With this, gate money and also finances from the football league given to us also including fa cup money and not forgetting little staff at the club how are we not paying the players their extremely low wages?

What a o There probably already thinking of their next club they are going to, to actually get a wage to feed their families!

We should make this season into a drama series.
It appears you ain't got a clue just how much cash it takes to run a club like Stanley, in the football league, all though they are no Man United, you would actually be surprised just how much the wage bill is and gates around 1200 aren't going very far to keep everybody happy, the add on's you mention will have been snapped up long ago, helping to foot that wage bill. As for the players not being hyped up for matches, wonder how you would feel if you had no money at the end of the month to feed your family and pay your mortgage. At the end of the day playing football for a living is a job, a job most football fans would have loved to be able to do themselves, but not if they weren't getting paid for doing it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:41   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Congratulations on your originality ! Right clever lot of cockle pickers arnt you! Must be bored, work dried up?

Old 14-03-2013, 08:42   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm 100% certain they would welcome you with open arms if you took along a cheque to replace their money with yours
Their the directors , board etc! If your not going to fund a business why be billy big bollocks and take over it?
smobile likes this.

Old 14-03-2013, 08:45   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It appears you ain't got a clue just how much cash it takes to run a club like Stanley, in the football league, all though they are no Man United, you would actually be surprised just how much the wage bill is and gates around 1200 aren't going very far to keep everybody happy, the add on's you mention will have been snapped up long ago, helping to foot that wage bill. As for the players not being hyped up for matches, wonder how you would feel if you had no money at the end of the month to feed your family and pay your mortgage. At the end of the day playing football for a living is a job, a job most football fans would have loved to be able to do themselves, but not if they weren't getting paid for doing it
1. I havent got a clue? So your saying you do. Love to see your facts and figures on the clubs takings! Main account now?

2. My post was saying how its a job! Not critisising them! Id totally understand if they jumped ship! I would! Its a job and there not getting paid! Thats why i was saying how can we expect perofrmances on them when most wont be able to afford the petrol to actually come to training!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..