Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2018, 13:08   #1

Rochdale away thread

One change with seamus replacing Finley. Slightly surprised as Finley was the best player for us last weekend
monkey hanger likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2018, 15:08   #2
God Member

Re: Rochdale away thread

C'mon REDS-a goal please.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 15:22   #3
God Member

%#^$#^$!&u^%^$&@%!!!
Old 24-11-2018, 15:53   #4
God Member

Gutted. Bloody ref?
Old 24-11-2018, 16:21   #5

I thought we were poor. Shaded the first half and had a couple of chances but after the break we created very little and struggled at the back.
I assume Finley is injured or ill. I’m afraid Seamus is not in Sam’s class - not that he had a bad game.
Clark had some runs but nothing came of them. Zanzala chased as usual but lacks an end product. Billy had a good chance in the first half, fizzed one close second, didn’t do much wrong .... Sean is off form.

Think we’ll give MOTM to Barlaser or Ithekwe?
keep the faith likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 16:40   #6
Senior Member+

Thought we should have been 2 or 3 up in the first half. Can't get away with missing so many chances at this level.

Is Billy even fit ?? Looked miles off the pace for me today, granted I don't go every week these days but he wasn't at the races.

I just can't understand why Coley waits so late so make changes. 85th minute for Piero and Hall ?! What is the point? They made one change on 53 minutes and it changed the game, in my humble opinion.

A disappointing and rather chilly day out !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 17:02   #7

Their sub made all the difference for them. He looked very good.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 17:27   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
One change with seamus replacing Finley. Slightly surprised as Finley was the best player for us last weekend
Very poor choice as far as we were concerned, also Zanzala was alone upfront and constantly pulled to the ground by the rochdale defence, and very inept officials allowing it. all in all completely wrong tactics as far as we were concerned. if Zanzala had a chance he could have laid the ball off to billy who if he had been playing further forward we had a chance to score, very peeded off today we could and should have won the game.
Old 24-11-2018, 17:33   #9

First half I thought seemed an even game but we had by far the better chances. Second half we struggled to create chances. Disappointed to concede from a corner. I think Billy kee is not on form and am surprised it was zanzala whom was taken off as he was a handful. Recently we are giving possession away to easy, with too many long balls. In general are midfield didn't have it's best game. On a positive note am thrilled with the level of away support we are attracting. I remember being at Rochdale with Stanley as one of 100 away fans!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
KiTChener likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 17:35   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Very poor choice as far as we were concerned, also Zanzala was alone upfront and constantly pulled to the ground by the rochdale defence, and very inept officials allowing it. all in all completely wrong tactics as far as we were concerned. if Zanzala had a chance he could have laid the ball off to billy who if he had been playing further forward we had a chance to score, very peeded off today we could and should have won the game.

Finley wasn't fit to play 90 minutes mate, according to Coleman on the video. Hernia problem.
Old 24-11-2018, 18:08   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Finley wasn't fit to play 90 minutes mate, according to Coleman on the video. Hernia problem.
Fair enough, but then again Pierro is back to full fitness also we regard young Sykes better than our captain. Just listened to the video, whilst agree we need to take chances, first theres gotta be someone or two in the box to take em surely? much better chance than having a pop from outside box or on the edge.
KiTChener and keep the faith like this.

Last edited by cashman; 24-11-2018 at 18:16.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 18:28   #12
Senior Member+

From where I was sitting, with the knowledgeable Choirboy for company, it appeared that the Reds were playing much too deep for much of the game, allowing Rochdales defence oceans of space and plenty of time to control the game !, which oddly makes the 15 shots to 4 in the Red's favour extremely strange reading !..
As to the midfield Dan Barlaser did try to make threatening forward runs, whilst our Captain still, it would appear sees a sideways pass as opposed to one backwards to a defender, as his sole appreciation of what an attacking move entails.
The Referee seemed to be totally disinterested in what was going on around him, with his assistants being tardy in offering him any help or opinions!... but isn't that usually the case in
League 1 games ?... not fit for purpose !.
All in all a disappointing afternoon, and as I view other results, I have a niggling feeling that the honeymoon period when we were level on points with Sunderland might well be over and the rollercoaster ride has begun !..we shall see on Tuesday evening !.

But... ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.

Last edited by yonmon; 24-11-2018 at 18:32.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 18:58   #13

Very disappointed but not surprised. As for the aftermatch, I sense I’m watching a different game. We’ve consistently given the ball away in the last month, no composure in midfield and physically light. I sense too many of the “inner circle” are starting to be exposed. Let’s hope it doesn’t continue to Christmas like last year when we slid from 3rd in November to 10th. If we get nothing on Tuesday and then 3000 Maccies descend a week on Saturday we’ll start to look down at results below us. That’s 2 points from the last possible 15 I think.
KiTChener and yonmon like this.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 13:51   #14
Full Member+

Have to agree with all above comments, the only thing that was not mentioned was away fans being ripped off in the club bar being charged more for the beer than home fans.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 13:56   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Have to agree with all above comments, the only thing that was not mentioned was away fans being ripped off in the club bar being charged more for the beer than home fans.
If true, that's illegal . !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..