Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 16:23   #1

Rochdale (Rejects?)

Kenny Arthur has been transfer listed and Kallum Higginbotham has been released.
Rochdale | News | Latest News | Latest News | Retained List

Do we make a bid to bring back King Kenny and lure Kallum to the Crown?

I think both would be good but I'm unsure Arthur would be like Sol Campbell going back to Arsenal...
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2010, 16:58   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rochdale (Rejects?)

never heard so much crap in me life, don't know anyone that would not love kennys return,
Old 12-05-2010, 17:13   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
I think both would be good but I'm unsure Arthur would be like Sol Campbell going back to Arsenal...
How how how how how how how how how how how how how?

Please, describe one way in which that simile works, aside from a player returning to a former club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 17:55   #4
Senior Member+

From a personal point of view, I would like to see both Kallum and Kenny back at the Crown next season, but woul Kenny return and could we afford him? Kallum on the other hand will be looking for a new club and he played well against Stanley at the Crown and was good when loaned to us by Rochdale. Bring him in please (cover in case Michael Symes moves on, as seems likely).

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 18:03   #5
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never heard so much crap in me life, don't know anyone that would not love kennys return,
I'm with you cashy mate,Would love to have KING ARTHUR back at the crown next season kallum too
Old 12-05-2010, 18:17   #6
Senior Member+

it's just wages though!! he oviously left as he thought the grass was greener and it wasn't!! i'd have him back and kallum!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 18:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
From a personal point of view, I would like to see both Kallum and Kenny back at the Crown next season, but woul Kenny return and could we afford him? Kallum on the other hand will be looking for a new club and he played well against Stanley at the Crown and was good when loaned to us by Rochdale. Bring him in please (cover in case Michael Symes moves on, as seems likely).
To be honest if he does come back I think it should be playing as he fif against us, in a deeper role rather than up front, his distribution tore us apart.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 18:52   #8

Would love to see Kenny back lets hope he returns
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 19:00   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
but I'm unsure Arthur would be like Sol Campbell going back to Arsenal...
Are you mad?
Old 12-05-2010, 19:17   #10
God Member

interesting way of ensuring replies to the thread!!!

Kenny deffffffffffffoooooooooo, Goalkeeper has been a problem position for us ever since Spearo stoppe dbeing our regular number 1, the only gap in being a problem was when Kenny was here. I said at the start of the season that we would have go tin the play offs if Kenny had stayed and I stand by that now. The only slight problem as far as Kenny is concerned is that he seems to suffer a serious (ish) injury every year.

Higginarse would be another quality acquisition and one that would gain us some money down the line in a transfer fee. Many Daleys were bemused by the lack of opportunities he got (Turner?), and I be that their forum is up in arms. The only problem as far as he is concerned is that we already have Miles and Turner for that position and regularly play a centre midfielder (Ryan, Proctor or Joyce) in that position. I would imagine that all five of those will be offered new deals or already have one, Joyce being the only possible doubt.

I wouldn't break the bank for either but Kenny would be the priority and I believe he left us for little more than he was on.
Old 12-05-2010, 19:38   #11

Higginbotham demolished us when he came on, he would be a brilliant acquisition. ya need players like this to push for playoffs. young, competitive and quality

Sign him up JC
Old 12-05-2010, 20:00   #12

higginbotham upfront on 2 years plus king in goals on 3 years plus symes on 3 years
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 20:08   #13
God Member

The word caution springs to mind with Kenny Arthur as he is transfer listed which I would think put's him out of our reach.

I was not overly impressed with Kallum in either of his loan spells with Stanley, he was however has others have said instrumental in the demolition job that Dale did on Accy at the Crown Ground this season.

But he only made six starts for Dale last season with twenty three appearances from the bench.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 20:16   #14

fantastic goal Kallum scored when he came to Acc this season but didnt impress me when on loan spell here. A bit lightweight. Obviously Rochdale felt the same or he would not be on the transfer list. But Kenny has proved irreplacable.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 20:22   #15

just look at symes when he came 1st he was look at him now hes holding the club up for more £'s or league 1 so i would give the lad a good trade syems for king as wel before june 1

Last edited by Stanleymad; 13-05-2010 at 11:38. Reason: language
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..