Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2020, 15:24   #16
God Member

Re: Rochdale Thread

That was brilliant Russell debut goal 2-1
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2020, 15:25   #17
God Member

Orgasm time 2-1
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 15:25   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-1 stanley russell
Old 10-10-2020, 15:25   #19
Full Member+

2-1 finally beating Dale. Hope we keep this intensity up, Pritchard been excellent!
choirboy likes this.
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 15:32   #20
God Member

PLAY OFFS''ENGLAND - Sky Bet League 1 - Table
TotalHomeAway
# Team Name P W D L F A GD Pts
1 Ipswich Town 5 4 1 0 10 2 8 13
2 Lincoln City 5 4 0 1 10 5 5 12
3 Hull City 5 4 0 1 7 4 3 12
4 Gillingham 5 3 1 1 9 6 3 10
5 Peterborough United 5 3 0 2 6 5 1 9
6 Accrington Stanley 5 3 0 2 8 8 0 9
7 Sunderland 4 2 2 0 4 1 3 8
8 Plymouth Argyle 5 2 2 1 8 6 2 8
9 Portsmouth 5 2 2 1 7 5 2 8
10 AFC Wimbledon 5 2 2 1 9 8 1 8
11 Doncaster Rovers 4 2 1 1 8 4 4 7
12 Bristol Rovers 5 2 1 2 6 8 -2 7
13 Crewe Alexandra 4 2 0 2 5 3 2 6
14 Fleetwood Town 5 2 0 3 8 7 1 6
15 Swindon Town 5 2 0 3 8 9 -1 6
16 Wigan Athletic 5 2 0 3 5 9 -4 6
17 Charlton Athletic 4 1 1 2 3 5 -2 4
18 Northampton Town 5 1 1 3 4 8 -4 4
19 Rochdale 5 1 1 3 4 8 -4 4
20 Shrewsbury Town 4 0 3 1 3 4 -1 3
21 Oxford United 4 1 0 3 5 8 -3 3
22 Blackpool 5 1 0 4 5 9 -4 3
23 Burton Albion 5 1 0 4 7 13 -6 3
24 Milton Keynes Dons 5 0 2 3 4 8 -4 2
Promotion
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 15:54   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

WE WON well done STANLEY
choirboy likes this.
Old 10-10-2020, 16:08   #22
Senior Member+

Following on BBC live text it seemed we must have had 11 back in our goal area for the last 10 minutes ..... but it worked, so who cares
choirboy likes this.
Old 10-10-2020, 16:22   #23
God Member

Very close game, brilliant turn around from Stanley.
Everyone played their part, but none more so than the ref, who had a blinder.
MikeA, AccyMad, pifco and 3 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 16:35   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i thought we deserved the 3 PTS today over the 90 mins we were the best side, thought the ref was pretty decent again which was a s hock lol
choirboy and accytom18 like this.
Old 10-10-2020, 17:24   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought the big defender that came on as sub looked useful also.
Old 10-10-2020, 17:36   #26
Senior Member+

It is always good to get a victory over local rivals in a derby match!
I watched on “i follow“ with Dan and Sean providing the commentary.
For me it wasn’t the best of matches as both teams still seem to be going through a transition period after changes in their squads.
I thought that Joe Pritchard was our best player today as he was the one player who showed real class. Savin did well and made a couple of good saves. The back three look quite settled and should continue to improve. Cameron Burgess is looking like a really good signing. He is athletic for a big lad and cool on the ball and a threat from our set pieces. Matt Butcher has shown a level of consistency similar to Seamus Coneely. Seamus had another good game today and a couple of his high curling crosses from deep could have resulted in us scoring further goals. Uwakwe looked dangerous again and perhaps he was subbed as he had just got a yellow card and our management decided to reduce the possibility of us being reduced to ten players? New boy Russell at number 8 looked like he needs to get fully fit but I was chuffed when he got his goal which followed excellent play by Pritchard. Colby Bishop got through a lot of work up front and looked to be a lot closer to full match fitness today! Late sub number two Nottingham looks the part and could prove to be a really good signing.

Rochdale too are going through a transition. I thought that their best two players were 10 Newby and 14 Rathbone.
The referee and assistants did well too today. Not often that we say that!
Although we were under a bit of pressure for the last twenty minutes I thought that we fully deserved the three points today, which moves us up very nicely into sixth place in the League One table.
Still a long way from being strong contenders and we probably have not found our best first eleven yet!
However, we can all enjoy a good evening. I am sure that we would all have been happy if we had been told before the season started that we would be in sixth position after five matches!
Of course it would be much better if we were allowed to watch matches from the terraces and stands but I suppose we just have to be patient on that front.
ON STANLEY ON!
UPWARDS AND ONWARDS!
yonmon and chevyfire like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 10-10-2020 at 17:39.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 17:41   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i thought we deserved the 3 PTS today over the 90 mins we were the best side, thought the ref was pretty decent again which was a shock lol
Also a shock to have you say so Cashy, which made me consider two wild possibilities

1. Might the refs be able to do a better job when they are not having their parentage questioned from one side of the ground or the other for the entire 90 minutes; or

2. Are we less likely to think they've made a mistake when we're watching quietly on the box at home, then when we're in the middle of a bunch of one-eyed Stanleyites standing by ready to question said parentage?

No, probably not .....
Old 10-10-2020, 17:53   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i have no idea why we have had a couple of decent refs mateit beats the hell outa me but i will put up with it.
yonmon and choirboy like this.
Old 10-10-2020, 17:55   #29
God Member

Excellent summary (imho) Choirboy but young Uwakwe wasn’t booked just before he was subbed.
Another ref might have shown him a red, but this guy was a very calm operator.
I think the ref was helped in that both teams refrained from the petty histrionics, play acting, or (worst of all) badgering the ref to get opponents carded that are seen in too many other games.
pifco and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 18:28   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Excellent summary (imho) Choirboy but young Uwakwe wasn’t booked just before he was subbed.
Another ref might have shown him a red, but this guy was a very calm operator.
I think the ref was helped in that both teams refrained from the petty histrionics, play acting, or (worst of all) badgering the ref to get opponents carded that are seen in too many other games.
i think thats a good summary of the ref, in fact i know i would be a right swine if players were play acting and badgering me. etc

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..