Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2017, 16:52   #1

Rodgers and Clare

Both Rodgers and Clare had impressive games today. Thought Rodgers looked more confident as the game went on.

Whilst Clare only played 10-15 mins I though he looked assured on the ball and athletic.

Both signings at this early stage looked promising.
cashman, keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2017, 17:33   #2
God Member

Smile Re: Rodgers and Clare

Rodgers was my Man of the match I think.

Assured and confident, it is obvious he has been taught how to play.

He could have won it 3 times in the dying minutes

Hope this is not a one off performance....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 18:31   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rodgers and Clare

All our lot thought Rodgers MoM today joe.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:43   #4
God Member

Smile Re: Rodgers and Clare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I am in good company them

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 18:50   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I am in good company them
echo!!!! echo!!!!
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:16   #6

He would get my vote too
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:33   #7
Senior Member+

Proof that unsigned talent exists. Proof the Nike Academy works. Still I think getting carried away after 10 minutes is a bit OTT Widnes !
baldy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:43   #8
God Member

They both did have good games, Rodgers reminded me of Brad Halliday last season - but so did the rest of our lads, heroic performance which yielded a well deserved point - one which I'd have jumped at before the game even kicked off, Carlisle & their fans came expecting a convincing victory but we put the lid on that even with 10 men & their 1100 odd fans were definitely the less chuffed by the time that final whistle was blown - bring on the Boro
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:56   #9
Full Member+

Most of the people around me in the main stand thought Rogers should have got MOM today. The loan players we have signed seem to be a lot sharper thansome of our regular lads. But give it 3/4 games before I decide, I just hope they all get a game as all those I have seen can make a big difference to us.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 23:11   #10

Before this game we were worried how we'd cope after Scott Brown's 4 match ban.
My wildly optimistic prediction was that Professor Coleman would produce an ace from his re-shuffled pack. Well by Jove he did it!
What is refreshing about Rodgers is his ability to read the game.
He anticipates & nullifies opposition attacks & finds space to threaten the opposition from corners etc.
This lad could be the ideal replacement for Crooks.
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 23:24   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Before this game we were worried how we'd cope after Scott Brown's 4 match ban.
My wildly optimistic prediction was that Professor Coleman would produce an ace from his re-shuffled pack. Well by Jove he did it!
What is refreshing about Rodgers is his ability to read the game.
He anticipates & nullifies opposition attacks & finds space to threaten the opposition from corners etc.
This lad could be the ideal replacement for Crooks.
Please don't say that Stifflip, with the cup game coming up remember how much he cost us with his performance against Yeovil.
monkey hanger likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 00:03   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Please don't say that Stifflip, with the cup game coming up remember how much he cost us with his performance against Yeovil.
Ferret old boy! That was then, this is now.
Only a matter of time before Rodger the dodger volleys a cannonball into Boro's net from a Super Sean corner
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 11:34   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Ferret old boy! That was then, this is now.
Only a matter of time before Rodger the dodger volleys a cannonball into Boro's net from a Super Sean corner
That was then this is now, so why do people keep banging on about how good crooks was. Crooks was only good when Crooks felt like playing good, in my opinion Crooks had more mediocre/poor games than GOOD ones. I am in no way knocking Rodgers as I thought he had a good game and looks a half decent player. But what do I know I thought GTF did.
Revived Red likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 12:07   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
agree about the yeovil game but you can,t judge a player on one performance good or bad. i do think a lot had it in for him after that game but he proved most of the doubters wrong. there,s always someone who doesn,t rate certain players and not just at stanley. i remember my old man could never see all the fuss about bobby moore and he played well over 100 league games.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 12:33   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree about the yeovil game but you can,t judge a player on one performance good or bad. i do think a lot had it in for him after that game but he proved most of the doubters wrong. there,s always someone who doesn,t rate certain players and not just at stanley. i remember my old man could never see all the fuss about bobby moore and he played well over 100 league games.
Undoubtedly yeh cant judge any player off 1 match, quite a few who went last week were slating the new keeper, a guy who hadn't even trained with the lads, yesterday i thought he did ok, but will reserve judgement till hes had a decent run.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..