Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2007, 16:03   #16

Re: Roof pictures

Mr Kipax could you please put a tape measure on the top step to the steel girder not a lot of room for the drummer to swing his stick
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2007, 18:13   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
Mr Kipax could you please put a tape measure on the top step to the steel girder not a lot of room for the drummer to swing his stick
LOL.... see what you mean. There's going to be some bruised heads and fists when we score.
Old 19-07-2007, 18:32   #18
Full Member+

any plans for a roof on the away end or should we bring our brollies in February ?
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 18:34   #19
Member.

Nice to see this coming together, what will we have to bitch about this year eh?

Cheers Mr K. more of the same please Sir.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 18:35   #20
God Member

Definately bring your brollies, but don't worry if you forget them - the OSC can sell you one at a very reasonable price
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 18:36   #21
God Member

Golly, the beams do look a foot or so too low. If thats the height,I bet some joker will swing themselves out to the end at the first home game..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 18:40   #22
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Golly, the beams do look a foot or so too low. If thats the height,I bet some joker will swing themselves out to the end at the first home game..

No worries John, This is Stanley, not Burnley. The only dingles swinging on the end of our beams will be the ones we put there, maybe we'll hang the odd Monkey as well a couple of times this season......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 18:47   #23
God Member

Am I right in saying that the fancy engineering that runs along the top is asthetically(sp) different to the main stand(s) ?
Old 19-07-2007, 18:52   #24
Senior Member+

I could be wrong, but I bet I'd crack my head on those beams if i was on the back row. Isn't there a health and safety issue there? I wonder if someone has got their measurements wrong?
Old 19-07-2007, 18:55   #25
God Member

Could be that height for work purposes,,and they will jack it up at the finish.
Old 19-07-2007, 21:07   #26
Senior Member+

Wow, things are really moving! Eric told me on Tuesday that the steel was arriving yesterday and, as ever, he's as good as his word.

I promised my friend from Darlington, who stood with us in the rain last year and was very good and didn't cheer when Darlo scored, that there would be a roof for the first home game so now I won't have to eat my words!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 08:53   #27

My son went up yesturday and its looking very impressive over half done in a couple of day so it will be done for first game so all you clayton enders will be nice and dry no need to run to the cow sheds now also we will be able to see the moaning away fans
Old 20-07-2007, 14:23   #28
God Member

Todays pics now up.. As you can see end to end framework...

there wont be much happening over the weekend so next update monday late...
Old 20-07-2007, 14:29   #29
Senior Member+

little bit concerned that the framework is higher on the left (if your looking from the coppice end) than the right. Is this to accomodate TM hehehe

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 14:36   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
little bit concerned that the framework is higher on the left (if your looking from the coppice end) than the right. Is this to accomodate TM hehehe

you never know it might

Tho the roof supports look low or is it just how it looks on pics
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..