Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2007, 00:11   #76
Junior Member+

Re: Roof pictures

Quote:
Theres never been any plans for seats in there and according to the club there never will be..
So we are not aiming for ther prem then!!
stanaccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2007, 06:19   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanaccrington View Post
So we are not aiming for ther prem then!!
I very much doubt that we'd be playing Championship football, never mind Premiership football, at the current location.

Putting seats on the home terrace is an option, but there are many more viable options available I'm sure. This 'rumour' has come about because someone on here suggested it. It's never been something that has a basis in fact.
Old 26-07-2007, 08:58   #78
Resting in Peace

great pics Mr K and glad to see it happening.
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 14:20   #79
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
This 'rumour' has come about because someone on here suggested it. It's never been something that has a basis in fact.
This where the rumour started and I believe it will be considered as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
But just so as we don't upset you any further I'll spill now what I may or not know (cos its only conjecture, rumour, thought process at the mo) and then you can go back to watching Big Brother or whatever it is you do when you are not being tired of comments like these.

The club are believed to be considering putting the 900 required seats onto the Clayton End because it would only involve pouring new concrete moulds over the existing steps and then putting the seats in. Developing the Whinney Hill would involve demolition and total rebuild.

It is by no means set in stone but I think that by posting it we can have an early chance to vent our thoughts on this.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 14:50   #80
Senior Member+

So basically, it's what I said isn't it? Rumour, conjecture, whatever you want to call it. There is no basis in fact, although it is an option open to the club.
Old 26-07-2007, 15:22   #81
God Member

Quote:
There is no basis in fact, although it is an option open to the club.
What sort of crackpot logic is this? If there is an option open to the club, then there has to be a basis in fact.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 15:29   #82
God Member

Well rather than go by crackpot rumours started on messageboards by people who should know better... I asked Rob Heys the Club chief exec who told me he had no idea where the rumour started and there are no plans and never have been to put seats in the clayton end..

Although if you want to go with macca and bagpuss then feel free... just letting you know what the horses mouth said
Old 26-07-2007, 15:37   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
What sort of crackpot logic is this? If there is an option open to the club, then there has to be a basis in fact.
That is totally senseless. If there is an option open to the club to demolish the ground and build a swimming pool instead, does that have a basis in fact?? Don't be so silly.
Old 26-07-2007, 15:53   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
I asked Rob Heys the Club chief exec who told me he had no idea where the rumour started and there are no plans and never have been to put seats in the clayton end..
Ahhh... so there is no basis to the fact/rumour?
Old 26-07-2007, 18:43   #85
Accy Red

Quote:
the club is to demolish the ground and build a swimming pool instead, fact
There we are with a bit of careful editing of Tin Monkeys post we can see quite clearly that TM has just told us what the club really have in mind for the FES.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 26-07-2007, 19:46   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
There we are with a bit of careful editing of Tin Monkeys post we can see quite clearly that TM has just told us what the club really have in mind for the FES.
I thought all my messages were subliminal?
Old 26-07-2007, 20:38   #87
Accy Red

Quote:
I thought all my messages were subliminal?
Nothing subliminal about the message I thought it was to the point with no reading between the lines.

Old 26-07-2007, 21:07   #88
Senior Member+

Slightly off topic, and a bit uncool.

How do you get to choose the words under your name, i.e. "it's not true....honest!!", or "I'm Vitriolic Me".

I'm fed up with "Senior Member", sorry, but I've just had another birthday, and it kinda rubs it in when I log on.

Help a old man, please.

Roof looks good BTW, was up there the other night.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 21:16   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Slightly off topic, and a bit uncool.

How do you get to choose the words under your name, i.e. "it's not true....honest!!", or "I'm Vitriolic Me".
I don't know for sure, but I think you have to wait until you hit 'God Member' status at 2000 posts.
Old 26-07-2007, 21:31   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't know for sure, but I think you have to wait until you hit 'God Member' status at 2000 posts.
If that's true it's 1232 bits of wisdom to go, feel older than ever, now.

I'll have forgotten what I wanted by the time I get there.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..