Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 21:19   #1

Rory scores for Blackpool

Not many of you will know but Rory scored for Blackpool tonight in a 5-1 victory over Highland League side Keith. The full report can be found here

http://www.highlandleague.net/news2.cfm?newsid=3021
Old 11-07-2005, 21:49   #2
God Member

Re: Rory scores for Blackpool

thanks for the good news........:-(
Old 11-07-2005, 21:56   #3
Senior Member+

Set one up.........Scored one..........In 45 mins

I for one am proud that he has played for they mighty Stanley And hope that Stanley can soon get up into the League to tempt Rory and Evil back

Lets face it this time last year, Coleman would have been telling players that after one season they would be playing in the league........ So the fact that we are not.. must have had a negative effect on some
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 22:19   #4
Senior Member+

Read that he set up 2 on the B'pool website.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:37   #5
God Member

Cheers for that Adam, really pleased that Rory seems to be making an impression at Blackpool.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:56   #6
Senior Member+

accordin to their website he had a great 45 mins, Blackpool played a totally different 11 in the 2nd half.

Glad to see him playing well, would really be ironic if he gets a contract and gets in the team come the start of the season.

And to think he was on the bench at Stanley, what a farce that secnario was.

That pic of him that Kipax took summed up the mood perfectly, and gets my vote for pic of the season.

GOOD LUCK RORY!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 05:53   #7

Yep, Hope You Finally Achieve Your Goal To Play In The Football League
Old 13-07-2005, 09:37   #8
Senior Member+

Well I didn't think it was possible to be both gutted and elated at the same time!!!

ELATED
On the one hand I would love for Rory to do really well and earn his contract and first team football , because he has got plenty of ability that at times was wasted here with people not giving him the ball, or playing him from the bench for twenty minutes to try and change a game that was already lost.

GUTTED
On the other hand with Evil gone Rory would be more settled here and would be a major boost to the squad. He would also see a lot more of the ball and as we all know when the ball is at his feet he's just about the best player in the conference.

Right now I'm not sure whether to jump up and down, or go sulk in a corner!!! Somehow though I don't think we'll see him at the IES again, at least not in a stanley shirt.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 11:08   #9
Full Member+

Well said, sparkie. I agree completely.

I remember having similar feelings when Brett left, particularly as we struggled badly the next couple of season, but it was very pleasing to see a player who had graced the Crown Ground ultimately play in the Premer League.

Rory is certainly good enough for League 1 and even higher with the right development. Best of luck to him.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 16:24   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Rory is certainly good enough for League 1 and even higher with the right development. Best of luck to him.

I dont know if i agree with you Whalley Red but we will see if he gets a contract and he he then performs in L1 then my doubts on him playing so high in the league will have dissapeared but at this moment in time I dont think Rory is good enough for L1 I think the conference is more his level, I know it may sound a bit harsh on him but thats what I think....

Hope he proves me wrong
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 21:58   #11
Senior Member+

Rory played again tonight at Ross County. Hendry fielded 2 separate elevens again. Rory played in the first half and, from the report on Blackpool's site, seemed to have had another good game. See http://www.blackpoolfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10432~685066,00.html. 1-1 at half time but Blackpool lost 2-1 in the end.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..