Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2021, 11:43   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Rotherham away EFL carabo cup match thread.

Enjoyed that.
Supporters deserve a lot of praise who made the journey.
I was in the opposite stand but for their few numbers they made themselves heard.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2021, 12:16   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
First team I checked mate, then The Alex.........

Mind you, the Alex have only put us out of Cup competitions (FA Cup, EFL, JPT) four times since 1992 ................

In four attempts ................

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 13:22   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Mind you, the Alex have only put us out of Cup competitions (FA Cup, EFL, JPT) four times since 1992 ................

In four attempts ................

Ouch........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 16:43   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Enjoyed that.
Supporters deserve a lot of praise who made the journey.
I was in the opposite stand but for their few numbers they made themselves heard.
Go on Twenty Eight I'll bite.......why were you in the opposite stand? And not with the other Stanley fans?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 17:25   #50
Senior Member+

It wasn't sent as a bite a genuine comment about the fans. I live locally and got offered a ticket on the day by a friend who's a season ticket holder and couldn't go.
Old 11-08-2021, 17:45   #51

Quote:
It wasn't sent as a bite a genuine comment about the fans. I live locally and got offered a ticket on the day by a friend who's a season ticket holder and couldn't go.
I see. Always good when you get to see a game in that way. Is Rotherham one of the teams you support......if you live locally? It always surprises me the number of Stanley fans who don't live in or around Accrington. It shouldn't......as I was born and bred in Accrington I now live about 10 miles away in Heapey, which is near Chorley. Will you get to Accrington for either of the next 2 home games?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:48   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
It always surprises me the number of Stanley fans who don't live in or around Accrington. It shouldn't......as I was born and bred in Accrington I now live about 10 miles away in Heapey, which is near Chorley. Will you get to Accrington for either of the next 2 home games?
think this happens at most clubs nowadays and not just glory hunting premier league fans. i live 26 miles away. my lad lives 110 miles away from his team, non league stockport county. the days of supporting your town club just because of that is long gone. bradford city are my nearest league club so for them its thanks but no thanks.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 17:34   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I see. Always good when you get to see a game in that way. Is Rotherham one of the teams you support......if you live locally? It always surprises me the number of Stanley fans who don't live in or around Accrington. It shouldn't......as I was born and bred in Accrington I now live about 10 miles away in Heapey, which is near Chorley. Will you get to Accrington for either of the next 2 home games?
No I'm not a Rotherham fan.
Yes - but Tuesday more likely than Saturday due to work committments.
Old 13-08-2021, 08:08   #54
God Member

Quote:
No I'm not a Rotherham fan.
Yes - but Tuesday more likely than Saturday due to work committments.
or is it the opposition that interests you more. can quite understand it if it does though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 09:59   #55
Senior Member+

No not at all. Got to confess Seamus being out injured is also a factor but work is the main one.
Went to Donny v Wimbledon and we need to keep an eye on two midfielders - Smith on loan from Arsenal and Close. Decent pairing.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 13-08-2021 at 10:01.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..