Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2005, 23:30   #1
Junior Member+

Rotherham fan here

We are the luckiest side on earth tonight having gone through 3-2 on pens after being outplayed for long periods by a superb Accy side. Your team were a credit to the conference, & i GENUINELY hope you gain promotion to the league.
All the very best for the rest of the season
1988ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2005, 00:30   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Rotherham fan here

Wish I could have been there, nice to hear praise from an opposition fan especially after the Stevenage debacle last Saturday. Sounds like a cracker of a match even if we did lose on penalties, but maybe we should concentrate on the league rather than cups, although going through to the
3rd round of the F.A. cup would be nice little earner. Lets have more on Saturday aagainst Andy Preece's team. Let tonights team be the one that shows up on Saturday please.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 09:32   #3
God Member

Thanks for that 1988ib, I couldn't be there either and it was agonising listening to it on the radio particularly the extra time & penalty shoot out but I was really proud of our lads. Must admit when I heard the line up I was somewhat gobsmacked with the changes but it worked and as you say, Rotherham were extremely lucky to go through. Good luck in the next round
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 10:26   #4
Senior Member+

2 Lads from Wigan fantastic at centre half! Both absolutely knackered & got cramp towards the end...

Craney must have got Mick Harford interested as he had a blinder again. Couldn't fault any of the players! Rotherham quiet apart from the local 15 year old chavs! A 3 sided ground from the old school with a building site to one side were a new Main stand will go!

Off the field, surprised we didn't take more to a "glamour" tie although maybe RUFC ain't the pull that Oldham was last year. Credit to the people that did go, a full rendition of songs including "you can stick your yorkshire pudding" "If you hate Geoffrey Boycott/Molly Sugden clap your hands" "One Wurzel Gummidge"

New song for Mikey Flynn as well....... Good acoustics in that old end which was halved with home fans!

One "arrest" from the Stanley contingent spoilt the trip but made everybody laugh as they tumbled around the away end, should have picked a smaller steward instead of Giant Haystacks' bigger uglier brother!!! Not a regular traveller by the way

All in all, a good away trip & if you didn't go, & could've, then shame on you, you must another 120 mins of Stanley history!

Next away travel will be Nottingham Forest away in 2 weeks! You heard it here first!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 10:59   #5

Thanks 1988ib
Good Luck in the next round

I enjoyed my trip to Rotherham, despite the result, we were very unlucky not to go through to the next round.

Quote:
New song for Mikey Flynn as well
Thought the new song was very good
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 10:59   #6
God Member

Don't think Notts Forrest would want to take on another Conference side after last night!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 18:26   #7
God Member

Got to say Robbie Williams was also very very good in centre mid best ive seen him play all season (as well as a few others) could easily fill Geds role if we need some one, with performances like that! and really good to see his own goal at the weekend hasent affected him!

Probably one of the best performance ive seen from stanley this season If only we could stop them leeking in at the other end!

Officer Dibble also had a good game. Im sure his arm must be hurting after all the waving to the ultras!

Once again Ultras outsung the home fans....not that hard considering it was a few chavs and wersel who were trying to make the noise!

Really unlucky but lets face it the LDV doesnt through up the most romantic draws does it? tuesday night in sheep shearing country

Would much prefer a nice local(ish) derby against one of the big premiersides in FA cup....and the defeat may be a blessing in disguise as im sure coley wont let them lose three in a row!
Old 19-10-2005, 20:01   #8

i am also a rotherham united supporter and i went last night and i have to say you really impressed me you was really well organised. but we were shocking but we carnt take the fact on how well accrington performed and i have to say and so would any other person who saw the match the best team lost on the night!!
mightymiller01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 11:53   #9

Thanks. Good luck for the next rounds and in League 2

alieren7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..