Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2010, 16:27   #76

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

I did not expect to get anything from this game, but the manner of loosing was disapointing. I dont often critisize referees but this one was poor. 2200 was a good attendance on a lovely afternoon, but once down to 10 men we were up against it. Just after thety announced bavs as man of the match,they scored. It may be obvious to state we are shipping too many goals at home.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2010, 16:34   #77

The lads played their hearts out today, couldn't have asked more of them.

Rotherham were a team of thugs, how they finished the game with more than 8 men is beyond me, their number 15, 22 and 9 should all have been sent off. Number 15 did enough to get sent off, brought back on and get sent off again!

The referee had NO control over the Rotherham team, they bullied him and did as they pleased - the ref tells them to put the ball further back for a free kick, they ignore him, he lets them play on.

I didn't have a good view of the penalty incident however the ball should never have even reached that end of the pitch, on clearing their lines a Rotherham man went through on McConville elbow first, straight card card offence, the linesman 2ft away and nothing given.

There are so many incorrect decisions it would be a waste of time to mention them all, to cut a long story short, Stanley were by far the better team and in a fair game would have walked it. Playing with 10 men against 13 they gave it a damn good go and were unlucky not to get at least a point.

Rotherham fans mirror their players, thugs and hooligans, running onto the pitch after scoring and trying to goad those in the main stand... where the average age must be well over 55.

Rotherham are a disgrace to the sport, there should be a formal complaint about the referee, he was simply not fit for the job, neither was the linesman on the main stand side.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 16:44   #78
Resting in Peace

Is Winnard jinxed? As at Bury, his mis-judgement in needlessly putting the ball out for a corner at 2-1, when the Millers were throwing high balls into the box for their giants up front, was a big moment. Cruel on Stanley, whose 10 men gave as good as they got for the majority of the match. Poor old Coley must be tearing his hair out after his astute signing gets himself sent off and may as well get back along the M65! Doubts about the winning goal, as their man gave our defender a two-handed shove in the back, doesn't help the mood of frustration. Neither does our starting line-up of 10 men effectively, once again. Putterill on the bench? Barmy.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 16:54   #79
Senior Member+

Gutted today, the lads played very well, thought long was having a good start to the sending off, he went down very easy, couldnt belive the ref, poor judgement today, great goal for jimmy ryan off the mark lets hope he gets plenty more, gornell must be injured, couldnt of asked for more today from the lads, hope the away fans that ran onto the pitch hope they get fine/banned and the one who jumped on bavs back hope he gets banned,

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 17:16   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Gutted today, the lads played very well, thought long was having a good start to the sending off, he went down very easy, couldnt belive the ref, poor judgement today, great goal for jimmy ryan off the mark lets hope he gets plenty more, gornell must be injured, couldnt of asked for more today from the lads, hope the away fans that ran onto the pitch hope they get fine/banned and the one who jumped on bavs back hope he gets banned,
Saw the fat bloke in the pink shirt walking away outside the ground
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 17:29   #81

Well played the men in red today a lot more spirit than last week. The officials today were a disgrace the millers bossed them from start to finish and how their no 15 stayed on the pitch is beyond me. As for the penalty from where I saw it the ref had played on but the liner on the whinny hill side gave it even with the sun in his eyes, to be honest he was the worst of the bunch and wasn,t fit to run the line in a sunday league game "rant over"
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 17:38   #82
God Member

Always up against it as soon as the sending off happened difficult to judge if it was inside the area or just outside?

Ref & liner lost the plot on more than one occassion with some terrible descions

Stanley battled hard but was difficult especially with one up front the ball never stuck looking for runners the only time that looked like changing was when Linfield came on and did what a front man should do and pressured from the front.

Jimmy Ryan once again looked to pull the strings but difficult when from being on the front foot you have to either hold it up or look to go backwards.

Clangers seems to be the order of the day with defence at the moment with the resultant corner for the Miller's second I don't know what happened whether Winnard just didn't get a shout but there was absolutely no pressure on him?

To be fair to Rotherham they changed their game at the start of the second half and went long rather than the slick passing of the first half, there tactics were similar to Bury's last week in being physical and pushing Stanley and spoiling their passing game more as the second half wore on.

There is no getting away from the fact we are one of the best passing sides in League Two my worry at the moment is we don't appear to have another game plan to deal with sides that look to break that up as the last two games have maybe proved.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 17:39   #83
Senior Member+

Prior to the match on Radio Sheffield Ronnie Moore said he was a big fan of Jimmy Ryan he is a super player. He praised the quality of the Accrington team, Coley's motivational skills and what he had achieved and his ability to get the best out of players.

After the game he said not many teams would come away from Accrington with an away win. Accrington are a "fantastic group of lads, the staff are marvellous and they work their socks off".

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 16-10-2010 at 17:41.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 17:52   #84
Senior Member+

Redraine,obviously your an ex pro footballer,when a ball gets whipped across the face of goal and your at the back post and cant see whos behind you,the keeper shouts away what would you have done ? 8 yards out ,bring it down,turn out with a cryuff turn and shape the ball down the line ?
Thought winnard set the first goal up,he dropped into centre back and still covered the right back area after the sending off.
Just remind me did his man score?,give some credit to the defenders,who managed to keep them at bay with only 3 men at the back until young smyth came on ( who had a good game.)
There team was filled with 6 foot plus blokes who were good in the air and we conceeded to 2 late goals from there centre backs,give a bit of credit
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 18:10   #85
Resting in Peace

No, I'm just an ordinary fan who calls it as he see's it. Aren't you having to defend your man just a little bit too often recently? It seems he never makes a mistake, and it's getting a bit boring.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 18:36   #86
bdc

I think Winnard is having a poor season, he seems to be unhappy and doesn't seem to be playing with a smile on his face. I thought he was poor with some of his distribution and decision making today. Of course other defenders have had bad games such as Hessey last week at Bury but I think that Winnard maybe needs sitting in at centre half with Phil Edwards just to see if he can perform at CB. This especially as Kevin Long is now out for 3 games.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 18:39   #87
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Rotherham were a team of thugs, how they finished the game with more than 8 men is beyond me, their number 15, 22 and 9 should all have been sent off. Number 15 did enough to get sent off, brought back on and get sent off again!

The referee had NO control over the Rotherham team, they bullied him and did as they pleased - the ref tells them to put the ball further back for a free kick, they ignore him, he lets them play on..
I was browsing on the Bury fans message board a couple of weeks back, reading their fans comments after their 1-1 draw with Rotherham...Some of the comments made on here tonight mirror exactly what the Bury fans thought of Rotherham.

It was never a penalty....I was sat level to the "incident" in the main stand. Le Cheat...sorry Le Fondre, was a yard outside the area when there was a little contact and then went down faster than the Titanic and blatantly dived with all the grace of a dying swan. Apparently he employed exactly the same tactics at Bury the other week and tried his best to get Sodje sent off in that game..... so it's apparent that he does his little diving turn on a regular basis. And the smirk he gave to his team mate after scoring the penalty spoke volumes to me...as if to say "Yep...I've conned the Ref and got away with it"

Ellison (No 15) should have walked, quite how he managed to stay on the pitch is beyond me, after being booked, he went on to commit foul after foul and the ref just seemed to be reluctant to give him the early bath he deserved.

Yes ......the officials were a disgrace today, however they can't be blamed for the defending for Rotherham's last two goals. A corner needlessly given away for their second and nobody tracked Cresswell's run for their winner. 14 goals conceded in the last five games suggests that our defensive gremlins are well and truly back with a vengeance

Also I think we missed Gornell and Proccy today.. Proccy at least is a battler who would have helped stiffen up the midfield and nothing that Boulding or Lindfield did today impressed me. Both were bullied off the ball and at times they both looked slow to react.

All in all, another bad day at the office. Yet again we're on the receiving end of garbage decisions by garbage officials. 11 against 11 today and I think it would have been a different story.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 18:44   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
This especially as Kevin Long is now out for 3 games.
I'm confused about this. I wasn't at the game but the BBC reported it as a red for violent conduct. From how people have described it seems to me like serious foul play ( profesional foul ) . The former carries a 3 game ban the latter a 2 game ban. Not sure if his sending off in Burnley reserve games count as an extra match.

TBH I'm suprised he was thrown in at the deep end, especially against somebody like Le Fondre .
Old 16-10-2010, 18:47   #89
Senior Member+

Must say im absolutely gutted. Yet again the opposition had done their homework and seemed to aerial bombard our box. Our defence seemed all over the place again, was a big gamble throwing a rookie in, and ultimately it failed. Hessey at left back? Not for me he cant attack which is what we needed, surely leam was an ideal replacement??? As for putterill being on the bench, that was expected seeing as he hasnt played. Jimmy ryan yet again brilliant as was bavs . Hope we can bounce back at
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 18:51   #90
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm confused about this. I wasn't at the game but the BBC reported it as a red for violent conduct. From how people have described it seems to me like serious foul play ( profesional foul ) . The former carries a 3 game ban the latter a 2 game ban. Not sure if his sending off in Burnley reserve games count as an extra match.

TBH I'm suprised he was thrown in at the deep end, especially against somebody like Le Fondre .
I have seen KL on a few reserve games and I personally dont rate him. It was more like a professional foul rather than violent conduct as he was the last defender. I was very surprised to hear he had gone on loan to Stanley, I think someone like Chris Lynch would've been better on loan.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..