Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2010, 19:01   #91
Full Member+

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

Just as a footnote to my earlier post, here are a few quotes from the Bury fans after their draw with Rotherham the other week.......

"Rotherham are a big strong physical outfit who constantly fell over when anyone came anywhere near them"

"I was really concerned for le Fondre's Health and Safety today, the guy could barely stay on his feet whenever a Bury player went near him!"

"It seems as if cheating is condoned at Rotherham. It was clear that Moore instructed his players - especially arch-moaner Ellison - to get Bury players into trouble whenever the opportunity arose."

"Not forgetting Jason Taylor who also wanted to ref the game at any opportunity. Everyone could see their gameplan, go down like the Titanic at any opportunity and try to get a Bury player sent off. Typical Ronnie Moore tactics"

"we could argue that Le Failure should get booked twice a game, every other game due to his ridiculous simulation and diving "

"Le Fondre deliberatly simulated at every possible opportunity"

Now does anybody seem to think those comments sound familiar ????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2010, 19:17   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I think someone like Chris Lynch would've been better on loan.
Kudiersky or Lynch would have been better. I feel sorry for Long, Judas has sold him down the river.
Old 16-10-2010, 19:59   #93
Senior Member+

Dunbavin was the only positive to come from this game! Superb performance tbh!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 20:06   #94

Didnt feel Boulding was strong enough as a lone striker. Also feel substitution changed the game. Agree that McConville should have been subbed but why go with a defender and sit and wait for an attack. Which happened big time. Bavs agreeably star man and another headche for Coleman with only 4 points from 15. Hereford even near bottom certainly wont be a walkover.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 20:08   #95

Kudiersky and Lynch are young lads with experience only in reserves too according to claretsmad so dont think they are the answer. We need a big bruiser like geoheghan for rotherham to scare forwards.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 20:23   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Kudiersky and Lynch are young lads with experience only in reserves too according to claretsmad so dont think they are the answer. We need a big bruiser like geoheghan for rotherham to scare forwards.

Not suggesting they are the answer. just the way I would have looked at them in order of merit

I would have played Hessey at Centre half and Richardson at left back today anyway
Old 16-10-2010, 20:24   #97
Senior Member+

Yes your right against Boulding new red! Im not his biggest fan at all but today he didnt look intrested, wouldnt play off the man at all. We need a pacy striker, someone to run with the ball to then give it to our players in the box to finish. Thats why Symes got so many last season, bobby did most of the work running about and Symes had the quality to finish.

A pacey striker a big strong defender both cost money we dont have, its what every clubs after unfortunatly.

We seem to be depending on Jimmy alot of recent also!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 20:35   #98
Junior Member+

Sour grapes. Seriously, you could easily put all your comments about Stanley. Manager constantly ratting to the ref, poor fouling, a clear cut penalty and no complaints.
We deserved to win, and you all know it, your just ****ed Captain Cresswell gave us a win and your first home defeat.

Get the sour grapes out your arse. Oh and the bury comments, read our board after it, it's tit for tat. You have to have a strong side who have pace, height and strength if you want to get out.
Machoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 21:25   #99

Sour grapes my a**e stanley were down to ten men through nothing more than poor officials, LeFondre knew damn well he had conned the ref the smartarse smirk said it all, and to be quite honest mate if you believe you have to have a big strong pacy side to get out ( i presume you mean out of league two) we will see you next season cos you aint nothing special.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 21:40   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoo View Post
Sour grapes. Seriously, you could easily put all your comments about Stanley. Manager constantly ratting to the ref, poor fouling, a clear cut penalty and no complaints.
We deserved to win, and you all know it, your just ****ed Captain Cresswell gave us a win and your first home defeat.

Get the sour grapes out your arse. Oh and the bury comments, read our board after it, it's tit for tat. You have to have a strong side who have pace, height and strength if you want to get out.
Here we go again everyone !....a transient nit-wit who sees fit to visit our Forum..ONCE,...we hope !..to make inane comments which do little more than underline that there is at least one Rotherham United fan who has little between his ears and wants everyone to know about it !!...
Ignore him and he'll go away....they always do !!.

Last edited by yonmon; 16-10-2010 at 21:42.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 22:39   #101
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Here we go again everyone !....a transient nit-wit who sees fit to visit our Forum..ONCE,...we hope !..to make inane comments which do little more than underline that there is at least one Rotherham United fan who has little between his ears and wants everyone to know about it !!...
Ignore him and he'll go away....they always do !!.
Once? A fair few. Can I have the £15 I paid to save the Stanley fund? Or is courtesy not part of the deal.

Ita petty sour grapes and you all seem to think we played in the red today.

I grant were nothing 'special', however 1 loss in 12 says it all really. We get the results.
Machoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 23:58   #102

Just seen the replay, never a penalty, it was well outside the area.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 04:52   #103
Senior Member+

Can I just add my two'penneth. If Danny Murphy thinks Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves are over physical, he sure as hell hasn't watched Rotherham. In all my life watching football, I have never seen cheats prosper so much! How on earth Ellison stayed on the pitch up to the point he was subbed, only the referee will know. He was quick enough with the red card for Long, yet the majority of fouls by Rotherham went unpunished apart from the odd talking too. maybe the ref needs to go back to school, because in the rules of the game, raising your hands/arms against an opponent is a straight red, yet he failed on more than one occasion to apply the letter of the law, even when it was right in front of his nose. In truth, the referee lost the plot and his assistants weren't much better, suffice to say that the official on the Whinney Hill did not even flag for a foul, much less a penalty. From what I have heard, Le Fondre pretty much did a swallow dive.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 07:37   #104

I actually felt sorry for the referee and linesman at first because I thought they'd be conned. Afterwards I realised the referee was incapable, it's a good job it was a league 2 match he was refereeing, if he was on the accrington combination he would've been floored. How on earth could let 3 scuffles go away unpunished?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 07:49   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoo View Post
Once? A fair few. Can I have the £15 I paid to save the Stanley fund? Or is courtesy not part of the deal.

Ita petty sour grapes and you all seem to think we played in the red today.

I grant were nothing 'special', however 1 loss in 12 says it all really. We get the results.
A contrite soul ??....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..