Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2010, 09:11   #106
God Member

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoo View Post
Can I have the £15 I paid to save the Stanley fund?

Course you can, if you can trace it
Old 17-10-2010, 09:36   #107

[quote=Machoo;852622] Can I have the £15 I paid to save the Stanley fund? Or is courtesy not part of the deal.

If it is courtesy you want for your £15, you will have to address your letter to a Mr E Whalley, he will give you all the courtesy you require.
Old 17-10-2010, 10:01   #108
Full Member+

I was in the main stand and saw clearly both Long and De Liar were out of the box and made a clear dive so much I was splashed , the ref was too far away to have seen this none incident but the linesman should have seen it, a red card definately wrong.Can we appeal against it ? The Rotherham team were head and shoulders taller than the ref and me thinks ref was frightened of them or dosn't know the rules of the game.Yes the dive was worth an Oscar for the performance. Rotherham were very lucky to have 11 men through out, even when Dunbavin ( well played Ian ) was on the ground having saved another goal one player was kicking him, even that went without a booking...dirty lot.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 10:10   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
and me thinks ref was frightened of them or dosn't know the rules of the game.
I'm afraid I have to laugh when I see the ordinary football fan come out with this sort of stuff. It doesn't back up your claim very much when I tell you there are no 'rules' of the game
Old 17-10-2010, 12:57   #110
Dan
Senior Member+

Some more reaction ASFC News Story > 3632

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 13:22   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Just as a footnote to my earlier post, here are a few quotes from the Bury fans after their draw with Rotherham the other week.......

"Rotherham are a big strong physical outfit who constantly fell over when anyone came anywhere near them"

"I was really concerned for le Fondre's Health and Safety today, the guy could barely stay on his feet whenever a Bury player went near him!"

"It seems as if cheating is condoned at Rotherham. It was clear that Moore instructed his players - especially arch-moaner Ellison - to get Bury players into trouble whenever the opportunity arose."

"Not forgetting Jason Taylor who also wanted to ref the game at any opportunity. Everyone could see their gameplan, go down like the Titanic at any opportunity and try to get a Bury player sent off. Typical Ronnie Moore tactics"

"we could argue that Le Failure should get booked twice a game, every other game due to his ridiculous simulation and diving "

"Le Fondre deliberatly simulated at every possible opportunity"

Now does anybody seem to think those comments sound familiar ????
or could be sour grapes because both teams were out played by Rotherham, and as for Le Fondre who is the best striker in the division by a long way...
Bury should have been down to ten men just as Accrington should have been down to 9...
why can't fans just accept that you was beaten by a better team and stop making excuses
pac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 14:32   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac17 View Post
or could be sour grapes because both teams were out played by Rotherham, and as for Le Fondre who is the best striker in the division by a long way...
Bury should have been down to ten men just as Accrington should have been down to 9...
why can't fans just accept that you was beaten by a better team and stop making excuses
Think your lot are in the wrong sport ---- why not enter rugby league??? Then i could see the point of yesterdays rovham display

Football it was not!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 14:36   #113
God Member

And before the rovvers think we're bashing them for the way they bullied the game, respect to your goalie tho least his ball placements were very honest unlike the rest of his team mates

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 14:44   #114
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
A contrite soul ??....
Thought you were ignoring me so I woul leave?

My soul is filled with laughter and joy after a fight back against a side who tried to bully, timewaste in a game. Trying to con the ref? Yes you did.
Machoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 14:47   #115
Senior Member+

Redraine, i am sorry if you find my posts boring,i just try and give a different view to the normal " one liners".
I do defend players when they give 110%,i wont if they give anything less.
If they were the finished article, they wouldnt be playing at Acci !! and in my opinion they all gave 110% yesterday.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 15:41   #116
God Member

A view from a Rotherham fan (with more than one brain cell, unlike our recent visitors here):

Quote:
I was told before today's match that Accrington is the worst ground in the football league. Obviously the guy who told me this doesn't have the same enjoyment of standing terraces and small grounds that I do: I loved it.

The game was an entertaining one too, with chances and worries for both sides (and a heck of a lot of frustration with some of our players). Our mistake let Stanley in for their first, but we were quickly back on level terms with an Alfie penalty (at the distance of the other end of the pitch, it's difficult to say whether there should be any complaints from their fans, but assuming it was a foul then it was a definite red from Alf's position). Against 10 men we should have capitalised on a string of chances but be it due to fantastic saves (one from a long range Alfie shot), superb defending (last ditch overhead kick) or an inability to shoot effectively we just couldn't nudge in front.

Stanley's second was a superbly taken goal. We went into a wobble for a while and it was obvious that changes were needed. Every time something happened with Kevin Ellison I got nervous, as the ref seemed to have it in for him, not that he was being particularly ill tempered (that was Tom Pope) and there was a fair bit of tension on the pitch. We had the ball in the back of the net a few times only to be called offside (which I wasn't particularly convinced by) and then the changes that were needed came. Marshall came on for Ellison and looked fairly bright. Jason Taylor, despite playing very well so far this season, had a mare and when Harrison replaced him things started to look better. We started to create again but the headers were weak and straight at the keeper. Then Exodus sneaked one in for the equaliser with ten minutes to go - this one wasn't a particularly strong header either but the defender and keeper seemed to distract each other to let it in. Exodus is the most popular loan player we've had for ages, and I was delighted he got a goal. Ryan Taylor (who should clearly be starting) hit the post and by this point Accrington were really starting to look tired. They are obviously a talented side, but in many ways I think that was their undoing today. Where many teams would plant ten men behind the ball when they've lost a man and are one goal up, Stanley still tried to play and did well at it, until they ran out of steam and Cresswell popped up for the winner. Though I'm delighted to have won, it looked to me an obvious foul, but considering the odd kick here and there that were coming from Stanley, my feelings about the earlier offsides and oh, the fact that I'm a Rotherham fan, it's something I'm not going to complain about (though if I were a Stanley fan I think I would be).
I see Coley has blamed Dean Winnard both in the dressing room and publicly (http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/index.php/newsy/3632). Sometimes players need a dressing down in order to move forward. I did raise the point a few weeks back of him not looking at his best. Dean's a talented and intelligent professional and will benefit from experience. We all need mistakes to learn from. The boss will judge if a spell on the sidelines is necessary.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 16:04   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Redraine, i am sorry if you find my posts boring,i just try and give a different view to the normal " one liners".
I do defend players when they give 110%,i wont if they give anything less.
If they were the finished article, they wouldnt be playing at Acci !! and in my opinion they all gave 110% yesterday.
Unlike some on here, I never question the committment of any of Coley's teams, and I agree all our lads gave 110%, and it was a joy to watch. I don't want to harp on about it, but I see even the "Football Genius" has singled out poor old Deano, but since the boss never played for Barcelona in a distinguished playing career, I don't suppose he's qualified to comment in your eyes. Incidentally, I really wish he would keep that sort of criticism within the dressing room. Am I correct in thinking that Dean is a centre half by choice and has never been given the chance to play in his strongest position?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 16:20   #118
God Member

He He did wonder who would be first to comment

I think Winnard had a good first season but has struggled a little of late maybe a confidence thing?

All the back four at one time or another in the last four games in particular have all dropped clangers

It is just the basic stuff as well rather than getting skinned, sometimes communication will be the key plus whovever is playing the anchor role in the five man midfield needs to track the runs of the opposition midfield.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 16:30   #119
God Member

Exodus Geohaghon who played right back for the Millers was he not one we were linked with in the Summer as a loan signing?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 16:58   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Exodus Geohaghon who played right back for the Millers was he not one we were linked with in the Summer as a loan signing?
Yes!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..