Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2010, 17:00   #121
God Member

Re: Rotherham Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
A view from a Rotherham fan (with more than one brain cell, unlike our recent visitors here):

I see Coley has blamed Dean Winnard both in the dressing room and publicly (ASFC News Story > 3632). Sometimes players need a dressing down in order to move forward. I did raise the point a few weeks back of him not looking at his best. Dean's a talented and intelligent professional and will benefit from experience. We all need mistakes to learn from. The boss will judge if a spell on the sidelines is necessary.
Thanks for that Shaker, it is good to know that not all The Millers are blinkered!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2010, 17:07   #122
God Member

Question Re: Rotherham Match Thread

BBC Sport - Football - Accrington Stanley 2-3 Rotherham

Who is this Warrington gezzer??? Also, it looked to me like Le Diver tripped, do not understand the comment "The defender dragged down Le Diver to concede a penalty that the midget converted himself

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 18:03   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoo View Post
Thought you were ignoring me so I woul leave?

My soul is filled with laughter and joy after a fight back against a side who tried to bully, timewaste in a game. Trying to con the ref? Yes you did.
get off of our forum you thick numpty and don't come back until you get divorced from your sister!
Old 18-10-2010, 08:07   #124
Senior Member+

Redraine,we will always disagree !!! , I still wont critise someone who ( whilst winning into the last 10 minutes) who adopts the approach " if in doubt,put it out !why take a risk in your own area
I am suprised the gaffer singled the incident out as the overiding problem throughout the game and in recent games is the lack of height to deal with these situations.
Dont forget he was making his first start at right back,but i think he would have made the same decisions at left back.
Regarding his best position,its centre back,along side a tall commanding centre back.Although decent in the air,his biggest asset is pace and reading the game. ( therefore i dont think it would work along side phil,who i also rate).
He can play in a defensive holding role.
PS the only time he played cb last year they won and he scored !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 14:33   #125
Junior Member+

He played CB. He was linked to 10 clubs according to himself but chose us over them all.

His loan period runs out in November which means he will be going back to Peterborough as his 3 months are over. Peterborough have said they want £100k for him in January, as we definitely want to sign him, but they wont get close to it.

I reckon £30k and he will be ours. Peterborough i doubt will want to keep loaning him out, they will just want to sell him and cash in now.
Machoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 22:41   #126
Senior Member+

I was in the Clayton end with the Ultras as usual. My view on "the penalty" was that it was neither foul conduct or a professional foul. imho it was a mistimed tackle. Wether it was in the box or not I could not tell from behind the goal but le Fondre definitely gets the "Floppsy Bunny" award for falling over easily. The assistant referee on the Whinney Hill side must have amazing eyesight because all the players were having great difficulty looking into the sun when crosses and throw ins were coming over from the main stand side! The referee was hoplessly behind play and although he acted on the linesmans call I honestly believe that he was in no position to make a judgement on the"foul", especially without consulting the liner, how could he possibly go straight for the red card!
Ellison was let off for four other bookable offences of fouling players knowingly in a calculated way. He should have been red carded in the first half! Third goal for Rotherham should have been disallowed for a blatant two handed push in the back of one of our defenders which I could see clearly from the opposite end of the ground! The referee was hopeless and really lost the plot in the first half. He was very lucky that the players did not lose the plot too because he was simply USELESS! I still believe that we can fair well this season and that we have quite a good squad that is only missing a strong centre forward. Keep the faith.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 00:35   #127
Full Member+

Anyone notice the Samba incident in the Rovers v Sunderland match tonight ??? Similiar to what happened on Saturday however in Samba's case, he did catch him proper(Unlike Saturday), he was last man (like Saturday), nowhere near a penalty (like Saturday ) yet the officials took time to deliberate before making a proper decision.....

Now on Saturday.......I can't recall the ref taking the time to go accross and consult the liner on the Whinney Hill side ?? I thought the ref had a better view of the "incident" than his liner, however the liner, despite being further away was adamant...

I was sat level with it; and it was no way a foul, it was two yards outside the area when "contact" took place and; from where I was sat about twenty five yards or so away, I was amazed the Liner thought fit to give a foul, let alone a penalty and the ref (to me at least) wasn't going to give anything until he saw the clown on the Whinney Hill side flagging furiously.....

The difference between The Officials at the Crown on Saturday and those at Ewood tonight......apparently the ref at the Crown on Sat was a third year ref....meaning he's probably only just graduated to reffing at our level.

Sadly, whether it's Le Cheat or Wellbeck (the Sunderland lad in tonight's game) any chance of getting a pen or a guy sent off, they're always going to go down like a sack of spuds...it's just whether the ref is clever or even experienced enough to see through the theatrics. And before anyone says it, I know that some of our lads try it at times and it makes me just as mad...

At the end of the day, it's going to be down to how the ref sees it...Unfortunately on Saturday he bought the con, wasn't man enough to make his own decision and gave a very bad decision...which cost us.

A bit like the Gillingham lad who gave the second penalty away the other week in the 7-4 game...wasn't even booked as I remember !!!! That maybe could have been construed as a professional foul and him being the last man and all; meaning a possible red card....... however the ref, on that occasion, just saw fit to award the penalty only. The difference between that example and Saturday...two different referees who saw things very differently...However at League Two level, it's very rare that we seem to get decent officials.

As for the claims of the Rotherham fans who've popped in to give us their two shekkels worth.....

Sour Grapes....No...I just don't like seeing a so called "professional" going all out to con officials and either try to get a penalty or somebody sent off. For two different sets of fans to say the same things about Rotherham, It's more condemming than sour grapes....Bury didn't lose to Rotherham, I've got friends who are Bury fans and they all confirmed the comments posted on their message board.

I played the game at local level for many years, sadly behind me now, however, I will say that I rarely saw those sort of theatrics in any game I played in 10 years of playing the game in my local league...Anybody who tried to do that sort of thing would have fast become a very hated and very marked man......and he would have got a proper kick to just to make sure the offending diver knew what one felt like!!!!

My solution to those sort of theatrics....maybe if the officials dished out a red for deliberately trying to con the officials, it would cut that out of the game, but I can't see that forthcoming any time soon.

Beaten by the best side...No.....we more than matched Rotherham with ten men..........11 against 11 and I think we'd have won....and comfortably....And sooner or later a decision (or two) like that will go against them..... I wonder what tune they'll sing then??????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 19-10-2010 at 00:45. Reason: typo!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 03:53   #128
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
My solution to those sort of theatrics....maybe if the officials dished out a red for deliberately trying to con the officials, it would cut that out of the game, but I can't see that forthcoming any time soon.
The ruling does exist I believe only the refs are not so keen to use their powers to enforce the ruling. I think I saw a player booked once recently for theatrics, may have been the World Cup, but that as they say was that, not since.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 06:14   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Sadly, whether it's Le Cheat or Wellbeck (the Sunderland lad in tonight's game) any chance of getting a pen or a guy sent off, they're always going to go down like a sack of spuds...it's just whether the ref is clever or even experienced enough to see through the theatrics. And before anyone says it, I know that some of our lads try it at times and it makes me just as mad...

You've hit the nail on the head, it's the players who cheat not referees. Inconsistency in referees is bound to happen because it's how they see an incident in the split second they get. How many different versions of the event are on here and thats with the help of being able to look at it numerous times. Until they find some way of stopping players cheating then it will only get worse. I don't think thats all down to the referees, the authorities have to take the lead. They have enough TV replays to take retrospective action and make an example of a few

Quote:
apparently the ref at the Crown on Sat was a third year ref....meaning he's probably only just graduated to reffing at our level.
He reffed the Barnet game last season, Stanley won which is probably why nobody noticed him

As you can probably tell I've been a referee and I tend to be a bit more lenient when judging them. However you can be assured if the one at the Turf tonight gives a bad decision I will probably voice my opinion in a less than polite way rowards him. It's a natural reaction
Old 19-10-2010, 09:15   #130

Being passionate and vociferous seems to upset people in the main stand!!Before Saturday I was against video technology,but after yet again witnessing another inept performance by the 'professional officials',I think it needs introduceing to stop the cheating and unsporting behaviour that goes on,that the officials aren't wise to,as they have never played the game.Whether things like 10 mins in the sin bin?or a certain no.of cheating offences, leads to ponts deduction? I don't know,but haveing watched the Blackpool vs City game,even the top level officials are makeing errors,or is there something more sinister!!
Old 19-10-2010, 11:16   #131

"Being passionate and vociferous seems to upset people in the main stand!!".
Could you please explain !!.
Old 19-10-2010, 11:41   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
"Being passionate and vociferous seems to upset people in the main stand!!".
Could you please explain !!.

I was asked to be quiet,by a spectator behind me,around the time of the sending off,shouting and being vociferous at a football match,whatever next!! Just hope LCC didn't see the incident when the spectator got hit with the ball after a Kevin Long clearance,we might get issued with hard hats next game !!
Old 19-10-2010, 12:43   #133

"I was asked to be quiet,by a spectator behind me,around the time of the sending off"

I really wouldn,t bother about that, Whenever JC shouts a barrage of 4 letter words in the direction of the pitch, as if by magic, everybody in the main stand over 70 berates him (sorry everybody exept Yonmon).
Old 19-10-2010, 14:27   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Being passionate and vociferous seems to upset people in the main stand!!
FO !!...From where I was sitting..Yes, in the Main Stand,you'd have been be lucky to hear any of the shouting last Saturday for all the coughing, spluttering and other influenzal noises emanating from those of a certain age, who no doubt had recently received their 'flu vaccination !!..ME included !.
(It rather put one in mind of the Waiting Room at the Chest Clinic at Royal Blackburn !)...
On the occasions when I have seen fit to question the eyesight, or parenthood of a Referee or his Assistants,this has always been met with mild tutting and a remonstrative sigh or two, mostly from the direction of the sedate Guests and assorted hangers-on in the Director's Box !. BUT do I worry ???...
So 'let it all hang out !' is the watchword...and 'We Four' sitting in D52..are right behind you !...or right in front of you if you happen to be in Rows E to H !...
Enough of this rambling badinage...back to the Vick Inhaler, and the Camphorated Oil applied to the Chest !!...
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 17:33   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
FO !!...From where I was sitting..Yes, in the Main Stand,you'd have been be lucky to hear any of the shouting last Saturday for all the coughing, spluttering and other influenzal noises emanating from those of a certain age, who no doubt had recently received their 'flu vaccination !!..ME included !.
(It rather put one in mind of the Waiting Room at the Chest Clinic at Royal Blackburn !)...
On the occasions when I have seen fit to question the eyesight, or parenthood of a Referee or his Assistants,this has always been met with mild tutting and a remonstrative sigh or two, mostly from the direction of the sedate Guests and assorted hangers-on in the Director's Box !. BUT do I worry ???...
So 'let it all hang out !' is the watchword...and 'We Four' sitting in D52..are right behind you !...or right in front of you if you happen to be in Rows E to H !...
Enough of this rambling badinage...back to the Vick Inhaler, and the Camphorated Oil applied to the Chest !!...
Here here, it aint golf we're watching. - I'm in A49
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..