Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2020, 21:02   #16

Re: Rovverham

Lord Stiff - oops! You could have kept that to yourself!

Not sure about that penalty, Cashy. Happened right in front of me but wasn’t clear to me. Player then ball or ball then player?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2020, 22:13   #17
Full Member+

the difference between Clickers post match interview today and and Ozzys after Ipswich shows the difference between the two players.
Clicker - classy, honest, selfless. Would have taken 3 points over any amount of goals.
Ozzy - I’m a striker I score goals so happy days even though I’m not pen taker and we lost 4-1.

I’ve been critical of Clicker but credit where it’s due.
Maybe some others on here should learn that, ta x
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 22:39   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord Stiff - oops! You could have kept that to yourself!

Not sure about that penalty, Cashy. Happened right in front of me but wasn’t clear to me. Player then ball or ball then player?
Looked clear enough on the highlights tonight but obviously not clear enough for Mr.Stockbridge to see it in the clear cold light of day . . . . .
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 23:17   #19

First half if anything we edged it with the better chances despite Rotherham having alot of play at our end of the pitch. Second half Rotherham, with there effective methods well described by other forum members created more pressure and chances; from situation it is always likely one will find the back of the net and one duly did.
For are battling efforts particularly defensively you could justifiably say we where worthy of a draw but Rotherham where the more likely winners.
Agree very little stuck up top with our forwards today. Although Alesi struggled at times second half with the tricky Rotherham wingers, his run for our goal and some other defensive aspects he excelled at. As others have said whole team battled hard today. Rotherham did seem to get the rub of the green on various refereeing decisions but like us when we won 2 years ago. Them are breaks you get sometimes when you are on a good streak

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited by chevyfire; 22-02-2020 at 23:22.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 08:55   #20

Just looked at the highlights again and their no 20 challenges from the side and the ball then goes off to the other side. Isn’t that a tackle where he gets them ball? Happened right in front of us and it didn’t seem like a clear penalty.

There were a couple of his decisions that seemed wrong. Penalising Hughes for a good tackle and not giving us a foul outside their box second half but apart from that he seemed pretty fair to me.

Really pleased that their fans appreciated the applause on the 57th minute and the usual praise we get for warm welcome shown. Andy Holt also said the right thing on Twitter with regards to the criticism of reaction from their fans in the hospitality section.

I think Coley might have been a little more gracious in defeat. He’s always very good in interviews when we win, praising the opposition. He’s not exactly whinging in his interview, but he said enough to annoy Rotherham fans on Twitter. Probably never a good idea to interview defeated managers straight after the game.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 09:50   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I think Rotherham,s defending deserves a mention very organized and the strength in their side not great to watch but effective not the best side I have seen this season but for teamwork they were they all know their jobs and they played for 98 minutes good luck to them at least they weren't dirty barstewards.
totally correct for me. no stanley player had a bad game either. will play worse and end up getting 3 points. really likes coleys description of the referee regarding rotherham. stated that they had a sympathetic referee. saves his back pocket from saying he was a pathetic referee.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 10:46   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

must say for me a large Rotherham contingent were a credit to em i thought, certainly put the BOLTON scum to shame.
KiTChener, andyd and Watchdog like this.
Old 23-02-2020, 11:20   #23
God Member

could be due though to the league positions rotherham and bolton are in plus the result. always glad to get back to the car at millmoor no matter what the result after walking up that lane back to the main road at the top.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 11:52   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could be due though to the league positions rotherham and bolton are in plus the result. always glad to get back to the car at millmoor no matter what the result after walking up that lane back to the main road at the top.
cant see that myself mate,when yeh go away its a different animal completely i think.
Old 23-02-2020, 15:52   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
the difference between Clickers post match interview today and and Ozzys after Ipswich shows the difference between the two players.
Clicker - classy, honest, selfless. Would have taken 3 points over any amount of goals.
Ozzy - I’m a striker I score goals so happy days even though I’m not pen taker and we lost 4-1.

I’ve been critical of Clicker but credit where it’s due.
Maybe some others on here should learn that, ta x
Not telling you where the "man of match" booze went. Awards no interest to him when we lose.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 16:53   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

was a very good interview with clarky, says it all when yeh compare those interviews, cheers fer that Twenty Eight.
Old 25-02-2020, 12:14   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Agreed mate, fortunately in the situation the gents heart was restarted and he was conscious when leaving the ground. Left in an ambulance rather than air ambulance.

Fingers crossed the fan makes a full recovery.
An update: https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...ment-25-02-20/

Best wishes to Andy and hoping he has a swift recovery.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2020, 13:43   #28
God Member

Thanks for this link Mike

Let us hope that he is back watching his team soon
KiTChener and Watchdog like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 19:54   #29

Rotherham fan in peace here, news just out about our fan Andy who collapsed he's had his life support machine switched off today
Baldwin207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 19:56   #30

Rotherham fan in peace here, news out about our fan Andy who collapsed, he's had his life support machine switched off today rip fella
Baldwin207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..