Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2014, 21:47   #136
Senior Member+

Re: S t 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Well, the price rise for the flexi ticket has made that particular option a little pricey to be honest now for me, a season ticket was not worth it either due to other commitments and the new walk on prices mean there will be very few, if any opportunities for us to attend this season.

Given the fact that Emily was looking forward to coming a few times this season because one of her school friends goes regularly, I have a feeling I'll have a very upset little girl on my hands come the start of the season.

Sadly at these prices coming to stanley is now more expensive than a family day out at the zoo! Gutted!
Havent the prices of tickets gone up from £18 to £20 now, if so its only a £2 increase. These days you cant even but a portion of chips for that price. Im sure during the weeks and missing the odd game you could save up that £4 to see the reds or even more so what about bringing your own food instead of paying the prices at the crown to save that extra £4?

To me as a walk on fan going to every home game i dont mind giving the club and extra £2 and looks worse on paper then out of the pocket as 2 pounds get spent here there and everywhere these days. Every away game i go to these are the general prices so im glad that stanley are now charging the away fans an extra £2 on prices to rake in the cash.

ALSO
Like others have said, id like a statement from Marsden about the facilties and ground being improved as for a football league club of 9 years their getting worse year on year. Lick of paint, new breeze block working toilets and weve got a winner!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2014, 21:54   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Havent the prices of tickets gone up from £18 to £20 now, if so its only a £2 increase. These days you cant even but a portion of chips for that price. Im sure during the weeks and missing the odd game you could save up that £4 to see the reds or even more so what about bringing your own food instead of paying the prices at the crown to save that extra £4?

To me as a walk on fan going to every home game i dont mind giving the club and extra £2 and looks worse on paper then out of the pocket as 2 pounds get spent here there and everywhere these days. Every away game i go to these are the general prices so im glad that stanley are now charging the away fans an extra £2 on prices to rake in the cash.

ALSO
Like others have said, id like a statement from Marsden about the facilties and ground being improved as for a football league club of 9 years their getting worse year on year. Lick of paint, new breeze block working toilets and weve got a winner!
The majority of the games were category B which was £15 the odd one was £13 as category C and the big games which were category A were £17. In simplistic terms it may only be a fiver but add that to the other price increases in life and it may be less important to go to the game for some.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 22:55   #138
Senior Member+

I just think that if you miss one game or miss the games you dont want to go to and save the difference then you can watch the stanley this season. However its up to the paying customer obviously but you can at least go to a few instead of non at all...

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 23:39   #139
Senior Member+

Is there no way of the board reviewing the pricing strategy and reducing it to £19 for walk on's?

I know its only a £1 difference, but £20 is a big psychological stumbling block for a lot of people.
baldy and cashman like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:24   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
We have done around 500 season tickets There was also the option of spliting payments

Season Tickets - Accrington Stanley FC

The operative word in your statement Val is WAS! This should be an option for people wanting to buy season tickets now. Pay half now and set up a direct debit or standing order pay the remainder by end of October - say 3 payments of £45 pounds. This gives Stanley a profit of £10 on every ST sold before August and £45 per month isn't such a hardship for most folk. Most of the bigger clubs can do it, granted their ST prices are, in some cases, a hell of a lot bigger than ours, but I know a club like Wigan Athletic offer this option and if you default, you do not get in.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:48   #141
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its catch 22, simple as, the club says it needs to compete wi other clubs, which it does big time, but agree it may well restrict walk ons, its a no-win situation i reckon, damned if yeh do, damned if yeh dont.no easy answers.

I'm with the genius on this one, there are no easy answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post

Only thing with getting 2000 is double the chance to sell programmes, beer, food, merchandise etc.

Doesn't happen though. People say everything is too expensive or the club hasn't got what they want.

Only one thing will increase the crowds, thats down to James Beattie
DaveinGermany and smobile like this.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:54   #142
God Member

For me, having the £5 per game saving that a flexi ticket offers is still a big pull. It's a great option for out of area supporters such as yours truly.

I am a little worried that the walk-on prices will rule out any increase in support from those from the immediate area. One doesn't have to read the FT in depth to know that Hyndburn is one of the worst-off areas in the country in terms of disposable income.

But then, as others have said, many other options have been exhausted over recent years and seen little success. What's more, I don't see much (or any) weight in the psychological argument of "£20 sounds much more than £17".

I think the club have taken a brave step and I hope the pricing structure, together with the season ticket and flexi ticket options that have been in place over the spring/summer - the most comprehensive set of pricing options this club has ever seen - will be successful.

One element of the higher walk-on prices that can be smartly exploited by the club is promoting mid-season deals on grouped match tickets; say, 3 for £45/50. The higher walk-on prices mean that the deals will appeal to people but also retain value in pre-bought season tickets.

Good work and good luck ASFC.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:01   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

One element of the higher walk-on prices that can be smartly exploited by the club is promoting mid-season deals on grouped match tickets; say, 3 for £45/50. The higher walk-on prices mean that the deals will appeal to people but also retain value in pre-bought season tickets.
It's a good point. With the lower prices the cluib can't do 'good' deals for promotion days. I think they are allowed 4 or 5 matches per season where local promotion prices can be used. This will be good where the away fans are known to be very few in numbers.
Old 10-07-2014, 14:14   #144
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Having water in the toilets and not locking the turnstiles early may help with attendances.
I thought we had a 'half time' turnstile next to the changing rooms, if so it could do with signposting better from the other turnstiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Only one thing will increase the crowds, thats down to James Beattie
I'm sure he'll pay you in Dave

Another thing regarding the the ground, it is the worst ground in the league, I know that and I wouldn't have it any other way, the wind and rain don't bother me, I'm use to it, but for attracting 'fair' weather fans the costs of any development will be substantial to say the least but maybe even just somehow boxing in the rear of the John Smiths end of the Jack Barratt Stand in from the elements and using it as the family stand (which it was) could even use the old turnstile at that end with special discount entry available for familys??
Old 10-07-2014, 17:06   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
For me, having the £5 per game saving that a flexi ticket offers is still a big pull. It's a great option for out of area supporters such as yours truly.

I am a little worried that the walk-on prices will rule out any increase in support from those from the immediate area. One doesn't have to read the FT in depth to know that Hyndburn is one of the worst-off areas in the country in terms of disposable income.

But then, as others have said, many other options have been exhausted over recent years and seen little success. What's more, I don't see much (or any) weight in the psychological argument of "£20 sounds much more than £17".

I think the club have taken a brave step and I hope the pricing structure, together with the season ticket and flexi ticket options that have been in place over the spring/summer - the most comprehensive set of pricing options this club has ever seen - will be successful.

Good work and good luck ASFC.
Cheers Shaker

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:27   #146

I do think this could have been handled better.

I didn't like the secrecy around pricing and I think there was a marketing opportunity missed.

Season ticket for the price of 10 games sounds like a hell of a bargain doesn't it?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 18:20   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post

I didn't like the secrecy around pricing and I think there was a marketing opportunity missed.

Season ticket for the price of 10 games sounds like a hell of a bargain doesn't it?
Agree completely. Having enrolled on a course necessary to keep my job which will involve me spending all day in Salford alternate Saturdays I was worried about the value of my season ticket. But I am now guaranteed to make more than 10 games. Especially with the multitude of Friday night fixtures now planned.

We have tried being cheap and were for a time the cheapest in the 92. The folk of Hyndburn didnt respond. Regardless of the price the majority feel no attatchment emotionally to the club and will only have their interest piqued by a winning side.

Accy is unique in that if you go to another football league town those who support other sides will still wish the town side well. A sizable amount of Accringtonians, especially the younger element of Sky Sports supporters, actively DISLIKE Stanley. I have it from a reliable source The Calder in town erupted when Stevenage scored v us in the play-offs. The perception is that Stanley somehow think they are better than they are...which isn't true at all. Regardless of the division we are in they crave victories. Hence Farsley at home in the 7th tier 00/01 attracting more than a home tie against a Premiership side last season.

It has taken us 9 years and we are slowly making inroads such as fixture signs. Why aren't these at every entrance to Hyndburn? I think the free season tickets should have had £5 accompanying adult entry to the first three games too to get the adults involved/hooked. A lot will not take up due to adult apathy.

I approve of the new pricing structure. £3 will not deter the few walk ons we have if they genuinely want to go and we will coin it from the large away followings of Pompey et al. The message going forward is simple. Get a season ticket or flexi ticket or you'll pay away prices.
Old 10-07-2014, 18:44   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Agree completely. Having enrolled on a course necessary to keep my job which will involve me spending all day in Salford alternate Saturdays I was worried about the value of my season ticket. But I am now guaranteed to make more than 10 games. Especially with the multitude of Friday night fixtures now planned.

We have tried being cheap and were for a time the cheapest in the 92. The folk of Hyndburn didnt respond. Regardless of the price the majority feel no attatchment emotionally to the club and will only have their interest piqued by a winning side.

Accy is unique in that if you go to another football league town those who support other sides will still wish the town side well. A sizable amount of Accringtonians, especially the younger element of Sky Sports supporters, actively DISLIKE Stanley. I have it from a reliable source The Calder in town erupted when Stevenage scored v us in the play-offs. The perception is that Stanley somehow think they are better than they are...which isn't true at all. Regardless of the division we are in they crave victories. Hence Farsley at home in the 7th tier 00/01 attracting more than a home tie against a Premiership side last season.

It has taken us 9 years and we are slowly making inroads such as fixture signs. Why aren't these at every entrance to Hyndburn? I think the free season tickets should have had £5 accompanying adult entry to the first three games too to get the adults involved/hooked. A lot will not take up due to adult apathy.

I approve of the new pricing structure. £3 will not deter the few walk ons we have if they genuinely want to go and we will coin it from the large away followings of Pompey et al. The message going forward is simple. Get a season ticket or flexi ticket or you'll pay away prices.
Well put mate

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 20:41   #149
Senior Member+

The price increase is inevitable. The low prices of yesteryear failed to attract enough walk-ons and, to my mind, the important thing now is to keep the walk-ons that we currently have. This thread makes it obvious that some are less than thrilled. I go along with those who suggest that it is now time for Peter Marsden to make explicit the plans for the future. Those who are uneasy about the new price, or even very much against it, may be won over if they could see plans for improved facilities.

And so, I am now back to my old hobby-horse. It is a total mystery why the club fails to articluate a three-year plan and a five-year plan. If we could all see a club (and a business) with aims and ambitions, I am sure that there would be less opposition to price increases. If we could all see that there would be a hope of a tangible result from the increases, we would be more likely to accept them. Come on, Mr Marsden, now is the time.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 20:48   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post

Was there any secrecy ? I would imagine it's been numerous 'discussions' in board meetings to decide on this increase. Just like the responses on here I can guess there have been board members who think it's right andthose who think it's wrong.

Interestingly Burnley haven't announced match day prices yet, so even the big clubs aren't as organised

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..