Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 16:43   #106
God Member

Re: S t 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What is the price increase for buyng in June instead of May?
£25 A time, get signed up mate

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2014, 18:49   #107

Any numbers on how many sold so far
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 19:36   #108
God Member

Over 450

Old 08-06-2014, 13:08   #109
God Member

April and May Early birds have seen us sell over 470 season tickets This does include the Life members also.

We have quite a few new members this season and also quite a few children's tickets - this is very important to a Club like Stanley, building for the future

Hope we can get the 500 barrier very soon

Old 08-06-2014, 15:54   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Let's make it easy and he can fill in the application form as well

http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/newsi...rm-2014-15.pdf
He can't,Ianray hasn't given him permission yet !!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 15:25   #111
God Member

Smile Re: S t 1000

This year as something a little different, we are going to be giving away some prizes to season ticket holders

This will be done by way of a raffle and will be drawn at the season ticket pick up event on 7th August

There will be one prize for every 100 season tickets. Some of these prizes are absolute one offs – collectors items

So to kick it off, the first prize will be a signed Stanley football. I will be updating this thread over the coming weeks with more prizes.

As stated, these are exclusive to season ticket holders

AccyMad, cashman, SamF and 2 others like this.

Old 21-06-2014, 08:24   #112
God Member

Smile S t 1000

Next up for grabs is a pair of tickets to Hospitality The lucky name drawn out of the hat will have the opportunity to choose from a number of games and enjoy a meal as well as the football down at the Storefirst

Old 07-07-2014, 18:07   #113
God Member

Less than 5 weeks to kick off folks, still plenty of time to get your season tickets. Still the best value way of watching Stanley
Chubbyman likes this.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:40   #114
bdc

What's the thought process by increasing Flexi ticket prices by 50% and the walk on prices to £20? Surely it will just reduce the likelihood of any increase in home fans at home games. I was seriously thinking of getting a flexi ticket but the prices just put me off to be honest.

We need more people through the gates but I think the prices are likely to hinder that.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 13:04   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its catch 22, simple as, the club says it needs to compete wi other clubs, which it does big time, but agree it may well restrict walk ons, its a no-win situation i reckon, damned if yeh do, damned if yeh dont.no easy answers.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 09-07-2014, 13:15   #116
God Member

Agree there's no easy answers but I think £20 will be too steep to attract any casual or floating fans, also the student/oap price has more than doubled & while last season's 6 or 7 quid was probably too cheap to hike it up to £15 in one fell swoop is I think going to prove to be a mistake - i reckon a tenner would have been more realistic
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 13:31   #117

Difficult one for the club and they have tried almost everything to get people through the gates. If it was £10 then I still don't think we'd be getting 2000 on, so charge the 1000 that do regularly turn up £20 and it's just the same in the till.

Only thing with getting 2000 is double the chance to sell programmes, beer, food, merchandise etc.

The club are playing the long game with the free tickets for the school leavers - todays free tickets are potentially future £20 walk on's or Season Ticket Holders.

At the end of the day, the only way to keep increasing the gates on a regular basis is by competing at the right end of the table.

And in that I trust Beattie and the squad 100%
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 13:41   #118
bdc

Surely it could have been in a way that flexi tickets went to around £125 and walk ons were around £17/£18?

I feel that this coming season could've been one where we could attract more walk ons through either discontent Blackburn fans due to ongoing ownership issues or Burnley fans not willing to pay massive increases for Season Tickets in Premier League. Pricing it with gradual increases would've been better IMO.

Season tickets are of course very good but you cant rely solely on them for income, walk ons are still a useful additional income stream and to saddle them with hefty increases is bound to have an impact on matchday income. As alluded to above, the more bums on seats the more spends there will be on programmes, shop etc.

A better start to the season is crucial as well, last season our first 12 games were poor in terms of results. If we start off better there is more chance of a bit of an increase in attendances.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 14:08   #119
Full Member+

A sad, but inevitable move IMO.

But let's face it, we didn't get hundreds of new walk-ons when we were offering tickets at £10 or £15. And when we did, the most common comment from the walk-ons near me were grumblings about the facilities.

The financial security of the Club has to be paramount, so this was an inevitable decision. However, it has to be coupled with an improvement in the basic facilities for those that do pay the money, else we will be talking about losing season-ticker holders in the future, not just walk-ons.

This will be our 9th season in League Two, so having non-league facilities because we rose up the non-league pyramid so fast is no longer valid.

Last edited by Whalley Red; 09-07-2014 at 14:11.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 16:00   #120
Senior Member+

Even a full price season ticket of £250 is good value compared to the flexi ticket. I personally was thinking of one of these but I would rather pay £250 and miss a few games than £150 for 10 games, £300 for 20 games £360 for all 23 home games excluding cup matches. IMHO the flexi ticket would have been better pitched at £120 for 10 games, my thoughts are that £150 is too steep. Whilst I accept the club needs to survive and compete with other clubs in league 2, I am also aware that success on the pitch will breed success in the stands, the club needs to update the facilities which are not even basic!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..