Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2020, 17:36   #31
God Member

Cool Re: Sam Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
He’s a liability. There you go Ive said it. Fits the Barton mould perfectly. He might break the record for bans against appearances in a season. As for playing against us bring it on. Think our recruitment in that area has been good ...... better than Finlay.
Twenty eight I am totally in agreement with you never really rated him along with the people who I go matches with plus those I,m in regular contact with, just shows different people,s view on the game though because on social media it's like we have lost a superstar. Each to their own of course but I think the midfield signings this year look solid Sherif unfortunately injured but alongside Barclay and Conneelly have give us plenty of options in there.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2020, 19:08   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sam Finley

Quote:
He’s a liability. There you go Ive said it. Fits the Barton mould perfectly. He might break the record for bans against appearances in a season. As for playing against us bring it on. Think our recruitment in that area has been good ...... better than Finlay.
I think Finley knew it also is my view.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-09-2020, 20:47   #33
Senior Member+

I am going to have to keep my powder dry.
100% he was sacked in my view.
The truth will out I guess at some point.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 21:42   #34

Quote:
Well thats not the story theyre putting out. Acording to Coleman he asked to tear up his contract as he felt a fresh start was what he needed.Obviously he knew about Fleetwood but the interesting bit was did he forget to mention it to JC.

I thought it strange yesterday that a lad with a decent contract for the next 12 months would simply tear it up and walk away when he could have just done the very minimum and picked up 50k. But todays news joins up a lot of the dots but i really do hope he didnt take the **** just to save Pilley a few quid on a transfer fee.
monkey hanger likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 07:16   #35
God Member

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1244782]Well thats not the story theyre putting out. Acording to Coleman he asked to tear up his contract as he felt a fresh start was what he needed.Obviously he knew about Fleetwood but the interesting bit was did he forget to mention it to JC.

you can hear the phonecall. sam, its joey barton here. you are my type of player and i want you for my team. get your contract torn up and you can sign for me. the chairman isn,t prepared to pay a transfer fee for you and thats your get out to come to me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 08:19   #36
God Member

Quote:
Same as the whisper your not in my plans.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 09:40   #37
Full Member+

You don't stand by a player for 5 months then sack them for gross misconduct, Stanley would not have a leg to stand on. Players do occasionally get sacked but it for thing like breaking a team mate's jaw in the dressing room, it has to be very serious as the contracts are water tight.

As others have stated he will have known another contract was on the table when he agreed to have his current one cancelled, or else it would have been too big a gamble in the current climate.
AccyMad and Watchdog like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 11:02   #38
Senior Member+

As others have said, had a great spell with us no doubt about it.

Him and Barton = Perfect fit imo !
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 13:26   #39
Senior Member+

Coley is no mug.
Under contract and when in the right frame of mind Sam commands a fee to move on.
OK serving a suspension but is anyone seriously buying it that a request to rescind a contract followed by signing for another club is by mutual consent ? Does anyone buy it that Coley with all his contacts didn't sniff interest ?
If so Im shocked.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 16:01   #40
God Member

At the end of the day only the club & Sam know what's gone on, we can guess or even think we know as much as we like but it doesn't change anything, the lad's gone now so maybe time to let things lie & move on
Revived Red likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..