Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2016, 07:02   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Satanage!

I'm concerned we have the most unfit squad in the league
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2016, 08:03   #32
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1181694
A few more home displays like yesterdays & all our ideas of trying to increase attendances will be futile.[/QUOTE]

its going to be hard to keep the ones we,ve got never mind increasing attendances. apart from the portsmouth game and 10 mins. against blackpool the home league games have been dire. i for one are going to give yeovil a miss. has the look of a 1950,s B film double bill. be at the Vic tomorrow night though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 08:07   #33
God Member

Anyway, let's just think about how great those first 45 mins were. Jono, Billy and Shay will be hitting form soon then the Don will return and we will be, once again, on the verge of being invincible.[/QUOTE]

how many decent shots on target did we have in that first 45. its about getting the ball in the net. something which seems impossible without a goal of the season contender.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 09:56   #34
God Member

The situation is even worse than we thought!
Stanley can't even claim to be 'just unlucky' now Mourinho has claimed top spot in the victim stakes.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 12:06   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I'm concerned we have the most unfit squad in the league
Can you give us some clues about the reason for this?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 13:05   #36
Senior Member+

I read that the conditions were the same for both sides, not entirely true their long ball style of play was not so inhibited by the conditions as our along the ground quick passing style
AccyMad likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 13:20   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I read that the conditions were the same for both sides, not entirely true their long ball style of play was not so inhibited by the conditions as our along the ground quick passing style
Thing is conditions were the same for both sides to me, its about adapting to the conditions. dont matter a jot how a team plays, a side should be able to adapt to either Style or conditions surely?
Old 21-11-2016, 14:56   #38

Re Conditions: Wishful thinking Cashy. There will always be conditions that suit some sides more than others however much you try to adapt. Larger pitch, heavier pitch, playing a Turkish team in sweltering heat.

(Admittedly the chances of the latter are remote in Stanley's case.)
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 14:59   #39

Dav007 - Most unfit team in the league? I share Revived Red's curiosity at this statement.
Old 21-11-2016, 16:01   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Re Conditions: Wishful thinking Cashy. There will always be conditions that suit some sides more than others however much you try to adapt. Larger pitch, heavier pitch, playing a Turkish team in sweltering heat.

(Admittedly the chances of the latter are remote in Stanley's case.)
Of course, which is why i said also- adapt to style. so fail to see how thats wishful thinking? please enlighten.
Old 21-11-2016, 22:04   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Terry for me had his best game this season, but was substituted ??? hes had poor uns yet remained on 90 mins?? explain that i can't??
Fully agree about Terry...... He was our MOM ......IMHO.....even though he was substituted!

Found it just too difficult to add any positive comments this week! So I have kept quiet!

ps I think that I have just about thawed out tonight from Saturday!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 22:34   #42

Wishful thinking Cashy that you could, for example, expect a horse that likes the going firm adapting to heavy ground. Easier said than done.
Old 22-11-2016, 07:44   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Wishful thinking Cashy that you could, for example, expect a horse that likes the going firm adapting to heavy ground. Easier said than done.
Hows it matter what the conditions are? a team like Satanage will lump the ball whatever weather? surely thats not difficult to grasp, yeh gotta set yer stall to combat whatever team @ conditions happen to be,it seemed to me we did, never took our chances and payed the price.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..