Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2015, 10:00   #16
God Member

Re: Satanage on sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
To switch this a little, we will have our Norwegian friends along to this game

Looking forward to seeing/hearing them at half time.

Also Academy Day where the academy teams will be parading the trophies they have won this season at half time.

I hope they all do it quietly, it's the Sportsmens dinner tonight, should be a few hangovers around
Old 17-04-2015, 21:04   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Thought under FA rules they wernt allowed to play while 1st july
The regulations we work to are FL ones.

The "paper work fairy's" young players are ALL available to play for the first team; all they need is a squad number.

Coley is aware they all can be involved; the match day squad is his selection

Last edited by Mr T; 17-04-2015 at 21:04. Reason: spelling
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 23:56   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter9001 View Post
Think we still owe them for that Friday night a few years back ..........

Would dearly LOVE 3 points from this one !
I still have nightmares about that night! Coley will tell the players that this is no end of season game,pride and payback is at stake!
AccyMad likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 11:59   #19
Senior Member+

not much worried about the result today.
were safe and its great to be in this position with three games to play
I would like to congratulate J C, J B & the Team for a tur-rif-ik performance in rescuing our season
DAV007 likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 16:26   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Great all round performance today wi 10 men fer 87 mins, think all put a real shift in, well done McGuire who aint been that good recently,scored 2 very good goals today.
AccyMad and Outback Ozzy like this.
Old 18-04-2015, 16:32   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think we shoulda had a vote for Worst Officials Of Season, Those sodding clowns today woulda won hands down.
Outback Ozzy and harwood red like this.
Old 18-04-2015, 16:38   #22
Resting in Peace

A travesty of a result! !0 men outplayed their 12 throughout and reduced them to hopeful long balls in the air. Magnificent effort from all the lads and hard to pick a MOM. I must say that Maguire was great today though and had a good game all round apart from his two superbly taken goals. No need for Coley's sour comments afterwards on radio aimed at fans who have criticised him before today. To say that some fans will even criticise him on today's performance is just bordering on paranoia. He HAS been poor many times this season but today answered his critics, me included, with a vengeance. Had he played anywhere near today's level in all the games I have seen him this season then he would not have come in for repeated criticism, I'm sure.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 16:41   #23
Senior Member+

Once again, a totally inept referee. Fair do's, by the letter of the law, Hunt had to go, but so should the Stevenage player! However, a bit of common sense should have prevailed and a yellow card at worst, not red. Totally spoiled the game and I have to say IMHO he didn't get any better. I don't know how many times a Stevenage player jumped for the ball leading with the arm and I lost count of how many times they were chatting rather friendly to the referee. They were looking to reduce our team to less than the minimum to complete a game. Yet when a Stanley player went down after being fouled, they were told nothing doing. That guy deserves to be retired forcedly as I have to say he was the most bias referee I have seen in ages, the absolute worst.
Saying that, Stanley were far the better team for all of the first half and defended valiantly in the second 45. Well done the team for a very workmanlike performance under enormous pressure.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 16:56   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Missed the radio comments, but nowt shocks me wi that bloke, The pathetic sod should look in the mirror,as far as i'm concerned.
harwood red likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 18-04-2015 at 17:00.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:06   #25
Full Member+

Proud of our lads today as ever I was BUT ref was at another level , a complete disgrace to the game , I hope the FA pick up on him but I shan't hold my breathe.A good result under the circumstances.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:17   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Proud of our lads today as ever I was BUT ref was at another level , a complete disgrace to the game , I hope the FA pick up on him but I shan't hold my breathe.A good result under the circumstances.
I'm sure he has a lot of form with us from the past as I recognised the little prat right from the start!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:18   #27
Full Member+

The game was spoilt by the outrageous decision to send Nicky off. both players should have got a yellow each at worst. I am loathe to criticise officials but today we suffered at the inept performances of all the officials. It would seem we have had more than our fair share. we responded well to an aggressive attacking team, we showed some brilliant football skills and we were very unlucky not to claim the three points. It would be impossible to name a man of the match. In answer to the JC and JB complainers I will simply say this. There was a supporters club meeting with a Q&A session with JC & JB afterwards. Where were you?? I asked some straight to the point questions and got answers, fair play to both John and Jimmy they did not try to dodge any question. I felt they answered honestly and truthfully, There were some serious questioning. So if you have a genuine point to protest to them their door is open and so are the Q&A sessions.So try to attend. I Know I will.
baldy and DAV007 like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:18   #28
Senior Member+

Great effort from the team today,they worked their socks off and a win would have been justice.
McGuire was excellent and typified the team work ethic.
No excuses for Hunty tho,you can't push someone in the face and he fell for their players niggle.
Hard to pick a stand out player as they all contributed,but our centre mids must have run a marathon in the area they covered,and Bucko deserves a mention.
AccyMad and baldy like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:21   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Once again, a totally inept referee. Fair do's, by the letter of the law, Hunt had to go, but so should the Stevenage player! However, a bit of common sense should have prevailed and a yellow card at worst, not red. Totally spoiled the game and I have to say IMHO he didn't get any better. I don't know how many times a Stevenage player jumped for the ball leading with the arm and I lost count of how many times they were chatting rather friendly to the referee. They were looking to reduce our team to less than the minimum to complete a game. Yet when a Stanley player went down after being fouled, they were told nothing doing. That guy deserves to be retired forcedly as I have to say he was the most bias referee I have seen in ages, the absolute worst.
Saying that, Stanley were far the better team for all of the first half and defended valiantly in the second 45. Well done the team for a very workmanlike performance under enormous pressure.
Outback, I've a different take on the sending off. We've had this referee before and know what he's like. For a player of Hunt's experience to put himself in a position after a couple of minutes where he's forcing this referee to make a decision is poor, bordering on unprofessional. He's let his team-mates down, notwithstanding whether the decision was harsh or not.

That said, our 10 men were magnificent, particularly in the first half. We pressed them back and looked the more threatening. The second half was a battle and Maguire had his best game in a red shirt, took his goals very well and I thought Jones was also impressive. Davies was also more decisive than of late.

I thought their game management after the sending off was niaive. They should have looked to keep the ball, stretch the game and make us chase. They didn't and didn't look like they had the quality to do so. Thankfully they left the no. 46 on the bench for 80 minutes as he looked very classy when he came on.
AccyMad likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 17:24   #30

Fantastic display by the whole team today worthy of all three points. Some tired legs towards the end maybe earlier substitutions would have sealed the win.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..